Predictions for next year?

10-2 but I don't like to predict specific regular season losses.

We lose to Clemson again in the ACCCG but it's close late. This game and Clemson becomes the new hurdle we need to clear as opposed to the FSU losing streak of the recent past.

We end up in the Sugar Bowl against Georgia and beat them setting up huge 2019 expectations.

I can’t think of a better opponent for a bowl game. If we mud stomp LSU in he opener and beat UGA in a bowl game, that’ll start to dent this whole SEC slurpfest that’s plaguing south Florida.

Advertisement
11-1 Loss to UVA after a super competitive and tiring win vs fsu. I predict some injuries and depth issues going into that game.

We will beat clemson and then lose in the playoffs. This is my playoff prediction:

1: Alabama
2: Michigan(Shea Patterson is the truth)
3. Washington
4. Miami

Baga beats michigan in natty.

LSU (@ Texas)
Savannah St
@ Toledo
FIU
UNC
FSU
@ UVA
BYE
@ BC (Friday)
Duke
@ GT
@VT
Pitt

I think we start off a pretty solid 9-0. I think we're better than LSU right now, and getting FSU early, at home, and with a new staff coming off a lousy year should help. @ BC on a Friday seems like a trap game, but it's also coming off a bye week so we should be able to refocus. The two-game stretch that scares me is @GT and @VT. I think we have the talent to roll GT, but I worry about 1) looking ahead to VT, especially if we're undefeated, and 2) that **** HS offense taking precious prep time away.

I'll go with 11-1 with 9-3 being the floor. More than 3 losses = severe underachievement, IMO.

This

I can’t think of a better opponent for a bowl game. If we mud stomp LSU in he opener and beat UGA in a bowl game, that’ll start to dent this whole SEC slurpfest that’s plaguing south Florida.

My thoughts exactly. Taking LSU to the woodshed and then ending the year by beating Georgia (or Bama) would be the best consolation prize to losing in the ACCCG (again) and the best momentum builder for 2019.

The leadup to a major bowl game against a "power" from the SEC would absolutely bring out all the eunuchs around here to predict doom and gloom. Like you said, diminishing their conference adulation would be extra sweet.

I’m begining to lose faith in Manny Diaz. Our Defense got worse during the last 5 games of the season. Back up QB’s lighting us up reminds me too much of Doritos. The poor recruiting on Defense will hurt us next season. 9-3 season. 2019 should be a better year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back