Prediction time for 2020 Season

How many regular season games will the Canes win/lose this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
11 wins “should”be a given with this schedule. However, with our history of shytting our pants, I think we drop a few we shouldn’t. Please prove me wrong.

Advertisement
11 wins “should”be a given with this schedule. However, with our history of shytting our pants, I think we drop a few we shouldn’t. Please prove me wrong.

I don't believe this team is quite ready to go undefeated in the regular season. Last season was chaotic. It would take a 180° turnaround in the culture of the program. I don't think we're there yet. I believe we'll start 4-0, lose 2 close games in ACC play, back into the ACC championship game, come surprisingly close to beating Clemson and then lose a bowl game to finish 10-4.

7-5/8-4

Lol at all of these posts concerning what SHOULD happen based on how bad X, Y, and Z teams are.

What else is new? That’s been the situation almost every year for over a decade. I don’t want to hear about Michigan State being weak. We lost to a GT team that literally hadn’t run a modern offense in years. We lost to FIU and LT. What planet are some of you on? Better yet what drugs are you on?

We improve a bit from adding Lashlee and King. But it won’t be enough to overcome the main issue, which is Diaz.

Advertisement
No, it's not. Not even remotely.
Tomato, toemahtoe friend.

We shall see won't we.

To be clear, I don't think they will be 0-3 heading to Lansing. Would I be fully surprised? No.

Then again, I didn't think Miami would ever lose to most of the teams that gave them an L last season.

No one wants to prove you wrong.

Canes fans want to see undefeated seasons.

However, we as Canes fans must contend with what has happened for too long now, especially last season.

Until proven otherwise, all the talk of "new this new that" is just talk. All show and no go.

a loss to FSU would be a devastating blow. We should handle them, but I had to pick two teams we're going to lose to. In all honesty we should run this schedule but I can't trust a coach who lost to FIU. All our opponents are average or above average though so we're goin have a disappointing loss or two

How are you feeling about the season and which games are potential losses to you?
I also agree with 10-2.
I can see a loss to UNC and another loss to a random team

12-0 on the assumption Diaz is an average leader. No Knute Rockne impersonation, but not ****ting his pants on the sideline during a rough patch either.

The opening drive of the Florida game is why I am going out on a limb. That if offense was our identity and we were nearly unstoppable running short, quick passes that allowed us to get big yards after the catch. Then Enos ****ed it away with Playaction, Bro.

We will have a strong running game. I think Lashlee will be unpredictable on first down and keep us ahead of the chains. Our receivers are going to break out big time. Mallory will have a huge impact, especially if Brevin is still on the mend.

The zone run will be murder. It is already what we do best. King keeping off the fake with his electric speed will lead to many, many huge plays for him and the backs. We will march with the quick pass just like we did against a top 10 sec team in last year’s opener. When teams cheat up like FIU and Vag Tech did, Lashlee will see it and immediately call a quick release deep pass WITH MAX PROTECTION TO BOOT!

It will be different. We are no longer hamstringing ourselves clinging to difficult concepts we can’t recruit for. There will be no more forcing ineffective philosophies or playing not to lose in the second half.

We are putting our players into an offense that PERFECTLY matches their skill sets. King is an ELECTRIC talent that will DESTROY the acc. His speed and passing ability will not be fair compared to the rest of our schedule.

We will field our best defense under Diaz yet. Hopefully he simplifies so the young linebackers can play fast. He should have kept the concepts that allowed his true freshmen linebackers to play so well as freshmen. Corner will be more than good enough and the safeties will be special. Pass rush will be UNBELIEVABLE and nobody on this schedule will pound us with the run.

IT ALL RESTS ON DIAZ! If he is a solid leader we will not lose more than one game. I expect that King allows us to sweep the season for a winner take all showdown in Charlotte come December.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back