Prediction time for 2020 Season

How many regular season games will the Canes win/lose this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
W

westcoastcanes

Good morning,

Lets get those predictions in writing folks. The schedule is below, and for the time being lets assume no games get impacted by world events.

Saturday
Sep. 5
Temple Owls
Saturday
Sep. 12
Wagner Seahawks
Thursday
Sep. 17
UAB Blazers
Saturday
Sep. 26
at Michigan State Spartans
Saturday
Oct. 3
Pitt Panthers
Friday
Oct. 9
at Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Saturday
Oct. 17
OFF
Saturday
Oct. 24
North Carolina Tar Heels
Saturday
Oct. 31
at Virginia Cavaliers
Saturday
Nov. 7
Florida State Seminoles
Saturday
Nov. 14
at Virginia Tech Hokies
Saturday
Nov. 21
at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Saturday
Nov. 28
Duke Blue Devils

I to look at the schedule in a handful of categories - Almost certain wins, favorite, coin flips, underdogs (not applicable here imo), probable losses (not applicable here imo). For this prediction, I will not let the losses late in the year shake me on the three early games, the talent gap is too high.

Almost certain wins (3-0)- Huge talent gap, we better win all of these.
Temple
Wagner
UAB

Favorite (4-1)- I'm not predicting we beat all the teams we are favored against until we prove we can beat all the teams we are favored against.
Pitt
@ Wake
Florida State
@ GT
Duke

Coin Flips (3-1)- Could see us winning all of these, but gotta see how effective Lashlee is before I take my pants off.
@ Michigan State
North Carolina
@ Virginia
@ VaTech

Regular season prediction 10 - 2 and I am uncomfortable with it. Could easily see 9-3. To be clear, we should win every game on this schedule based on talent. We will have the most future NFL players in every match up this season. Not ready to give Manny the benefit of the doubt on coaching matchups yet though, but look forward to being wrong in that case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
This schedule is so easy it’s ridiculous. 10 wins should not be the goal for this team. It really is a loser mentality. Win every ******* game and give Clemson a major scare in December. Then, beat the **** out of Florida in the OB game.

Advertisement
This schedule is so easy it’s ridiculous. 10 wins should not be the goal for this team. It really is a loser mentality. Win every ******* game and give Clemson a major scare in December. Then, beat the **** out of Florida in the OB game.
I sincerely hope 10 wins isn't the goal, and hope that wasn't suggested in the OP. We have been losing games we should have won at a higher clip than any team in the country for like 17 years now seemingly, and while I hope the combination of Diaz/Lashlee is the duo to change that, I am not going to expect it just yet.

I agree that Manny didn’t do a great job last year. The Enos hire was a disaster that he fixed. Lashlee’s system with our talent as well as a competent FG kicker for close games is a +4 game swing at least.

I've watched some of the games over and realized how poor the play calling was. Also how many times we gave up points with missed FG or not even attempting them.

We lost to Florida by 4, UNC by 3 and GT in OT where all 3 games may have been different just by not missing FG. Even the FIU game was botched by that and incompetent QB play.

@RVACane can you use mod powers to add a poll to this-

win/loss totals, publicly viewable?

If I can, I don't know electrics well enough.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
9-3

Losses
@MSU - tough environment, new system, early in the season

@Wake - Friday night on the road. This is one of those games we shouldn’t lose, but will be the one we blow on the year.

UNC - See this being one of those Noon games we don’t show up for. QB Howell will put up heisman stats against our inexperienced DBs. However, if this is a prime time game, I would say we win.

Advertisement
Back