Prediction time for 2020 Season

How many regular season games will the Canes win/lose this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
9-3

Losses
@MSU - tough environment, new system, early in the season

@Wake - Friday night on the road. This is one of those games we shouldn’t lose, but will be the one we blow on the year.

UNC - See this being one of those Noon games we don’t show up for. QB Howell will put up heisman stats against our inexperienced DBs. However, if this is a prime time game, I would say we win.

MSU is worse than they were last year. They were a bad team last year.

They lost so much I think we win by 10.

Their D is going to regress:

"How fast will the rebuild take? Mel Tucker worked his way up as a defensive coach, and defensive coordinator Scottie Hazelton comes in from Kansas State to help figure out how to keep the Spartan defense going like it’s supposed to.

MSU’s D was a slight disappointment after a special 2018, but it still finished 18th in the nation overall allowing 322 yards and 22.5 points per game. Seven of the top ten tacklers are gone with six starters needing to be replaced."

The Offense is also going to struggle:

"The Spartans lose their top three pass catchers, hurt mostly by the early departure of leading receiver Cody White. There’s talent, but not a whole lot of experience. It starts with talented sophomore Jalen Nailor, who’s coming off a broken foot and should be the No. 1 target."

UNC lost their Starting LT and I think that helps us put major pressure on Howell.

Advertisement
Bro If Miami loses to Michigan State Miami won't go bowling. They only have 6 returning starters on offense and will probably start a freshman at qb. On Defense they only return 3. They didn't even get a chance to install there system on both sides. That's a very bad team.

Bro If Miami loses to Michigan State Miami won't go bowling. They only have 6 returning starters on offense and will probably start a freshman at qb. On Defense they only return 3. They didn't even get a chance to install there system on both sides. That's a very bad team.

That's what I'm trying to tell people.

We lost to FIU in the Orange Bowl, a converted triple option team being Georgia Tech, Should have lost to CMU, and got shutout by LA Tech.... Yet our fan base still has the audacity to say things like this. Wake up and smell the roses. I hope we torch them in their stadium but to think the facts you just laid out has anything to do with the way the canes have played over the last 2 decades is undeniably false.

Advertisement
Good morning,

Lets get those predictions in writing folks. The schedule is below, and for the time being lets assume no games get impacted by world events.

Saturday
Sep. 5
Temple Owls
Saturday
Sep. 12
Wagner Seahawks
Thursday
Sep. 17
UAB Blazers
Saturday
Sep. 26
at Michigan State Spartans
Saturday
Oct. 3
Pitt Panthers
Friday
Oct. 9
at Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Saturday
Oct. 17
OFF
Saturday
Oct. 24
North Carolina Tar Heels
Saturday
Oct. 31
at Virginia Cavaliers
Saturday
Nov. 7
Florida State Seminoles
Saturday
Nov. 14
at Virginia Tech Hokies
Saturday
Nov. 21
at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Saturday
Nov. 28
Duke Blue Devils

I to look at the schedule in a handful of categories - Almost certain wins, favorite, coin flips, underdogs (not applicable here imo), probable losses (not applicable here imo). For this prediction, I will not let the losses late in the year shake me on the three early games, the talent gap is too high.

Almost certain wins (3-0)- Huge talent gap, we better win all of these.
Temple
Wagner
UAB

Favorite (4-1)- I'm not predicting we beat all the teams we are favored against until we prove we can beat all the teams we are favored against.
Pitt
@ Wake
Florida State
@ GT
Duke
Virginia

Coin Flips (3-1)- Could see us winning all of these, but gotta see how effective Lashlee is before I take my pants off.
@ Michigan State
North Carolina
@ Virginia
@ VaTech

Regular season prediction 10 - 2 and I am uncomfortable with it. Could easily see 9-3. To be clear, we should win every game on this schedule based on talent. We will have the most future NFL players in every match up this season. Not ready to give Manny the benefit of the doubt on coaching matchups yet though, but look forward to being wrong in that case.

Just FYI, you have us playing UVA twice, once on the road and once at home. Otherwise, don't disagree.

09/05/20 (W) Temple 35-21
09/12/20 (W) Wagner 68-3
09/17/20 (W) UAB 51-17
09/26/20 (W) Michigan St 28-21
10/03/20 (W) Pitt 35-14
10/09/20 (W) Wake Forest 38-20
10/24/20 (W) North Carolina 42-17
10/31/20 (W) Virginia 28-27
11/07/20 (W) Florida St 38-24
11/14/20 (W) Virginia Tech 28-17
11/21/20 (W) Georgia Tech 35-12
11/28/20 (W) Duke 45-13

Advertisement
When was the last time we had a PROVEN QB and maybe the best D in CFB.
Could run the table this year.
Depth?

King / Lashlee alone will get a minimum of 10. Book it.

Put some respek on Kings name.

Oh and I’ll be bumping this ****.
I think our defense is going to be stellar. I have very high hopes for our offense, but am concerned with how little football we will be playing and the number of moving parts going into it without spring ball. I would not be surprised at all to see us in the top ten at the end of the season with a matchup against Clemson in Charlotte those things considered.

I would be mad, but similarly not surprised to see relative greenhorn coaches **** up a game or three that they shouldn't, as our history as long as the age of our recruits would suggest we are not only capable of, but bound to do.

Advertisement
We are going to win every game even with a bad Offense we still lost most games by like a FG or TD. This Offense will be way more explosive, and our Run game will open up our WRs downfield when we pass. This yr will be completely different. Fast, Fast, and Faster that's South Florida football. Get the ball to the playmakers, and they'll know what to do with the rock.

75% of the board thinks we win at least 10 games. The schedule is so bad, it says we should win 10 games too.

If we don't win AT LEAST 9....Manny and Blake should never be allowed to work anywhere near an athletic program ever again.

Last edited:
I truly think that we can win 12 games this year (including post season) if we stay healthy at QB, DL, & LB. A rash of injuries anywhere and we're liable to lose 3-4.

There will be 3-4 games this season where one side doesn't show up the way we should. The difference this year is that we're more balanced. So those desperate scrambles at the end of games should have better results.

11-1 or 10-2. Wake would scare me if they still had their QB, so that leaves NC, FSU, VT as teams that I think can score 24+ points on Miami's defense.

I don't see us losing more than 2 of those. Hopefully we don't lose any.

Advertisement
We lost to FIU in the Orange Bowl, a converted triple option team being Georgia Tech, Should have lost to CMU, and got shutout by LA Tech.... Yet our fan base still has the audacity to say things like this. Wake up and smell the roses. I hope we torch them in their stadium but to think the facts you just laid out has anything to do with the way the canes have played over the last 2 decades is undeniably false.

Yea Im smelling orange and green roses .. your crazy and that was LAST year...
hmmm

Kaaya was not a leader.. for the first time in a LONG time.. we have a true QB that is a true leader. Also, lets not forget he may be one of the best QBs in the country and mayb as a hurricane. WE never had this offense and we never had this QB that is a dual threat like he is. Our schedule is cake,,, this should be undefeated unless our cbs cant cover and no LBs step up...

75% of the board thinks we win at least 10 games. The schedule is so bad, it says we should win 10 games too.

If we don't win AT LEAST 9....Manny and Blake should never be allowed to work anywhere near an athletic program ever again.

Schedule was worse in 2019, still lost 7 games. Even if Manny improves slightly, 4-5 loses is very possible.

Schedule was worse in 2019, still lost 7 games. Even if Manny improves slightly, 4-5 loses is very possible.

If you can't see the difference a New QB who has been making plays for 3 years already at the college level, a new OC who is a Real OC and has proved it over the years, a transfer DE who was one of the best in college football to team up with the BEST DE in college football makes this team different than 2019 than your blind hate for Manny is effecting your brain...

Advertisement
Back