Predict where our guys get drafted

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
One of my favorite threads every year on Grassy, the NFL draft prediction game. Where do our guys go? My best guess:

Lamar Miller- Late 1st/Early Second

On film, he is a lock first rounder. At the combine, he will look like a Top 5 pick. People knock his running style and say the league has changed, but they have it backwards. With defenses spread out, there has never been a better time for a back like Miller. Look at guys like Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles and LeSean McCoy-- are they running people over? They have what Miller has: speed and vision.

The only thing that can keep the Truth out of the first is the shoulder. That's it.

Best Fit- Green Bay Packers

Tommy Streeter- Second Round

Another guy who will blow away the combine. He has legit 4.40 speed, and it wouldn't stun me if he can crack the 4.3s. Streeter's film this year is also consistently good. Just wish he spent another year improving his ability to catch away from his body and attack the ball in the air. He was making strides every week but isn't there yet. I also worry about his confidence. He's not a killer, and some early struggles could derail him.

Best fit- San Diego Chargers (or wherever Norv Turner goes).

Sean Spence- Late Second/Early Third

I expect his stock to really rise in the Senior Bowl. Rare football IQ to go along with excellent flexibility and coordination. The evolution of the game helps a versatile player like Spence.

Best fit- Indianapolis Colts

Brandon Washington
- Third Round

Excellent guard prospect who would've gone higher if he came out last year. Should have a long and productive career.

Best fit- Cincinnati Bengals

Travis Benjamin- Late Third/Early Fourth

Midway through the year, I thought he was a lock third rounder with a chance to sneak into the second. But he slipped late in the year and brought back the odl consistency concerns. Speed is premium, though, and Benjamin is a potential sub-4.3 runner who is a receiver first and a track guy second. That's valuable.

Best fit- Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Olivier Vernon- Late Third/Early Fourth

Has as much NFL talent as anybody and will go higher than people think. The FSU tape alone makes him a legit prospect-- he fired off the edge, got pressure as a DT, and played in coverage as an outside linebacker. What he has is short-area burst and the ability to jolt on contact. Could see him either inside or outside as a 3-4 backer.

Best fit- Baltimore Ravens

JoJo Nicolas- Late Fifth/Early Sixth

Has a chance to be a pretty good player. Wish he was a better tackler, but he is very smart and has solid range. Our staff has been pumping him up to scouts.

Best fit- Philadelphia Eagles

Marcus Forston- Late Fifth/Early Sixth

Has shown flashes and has the potential to turn it on once money gets involved. But I just can't get over the fact that he's not physical. Still, nothing is more valuable than a defensive tackle who can generate a rush up the middle. It's the easiest way to disrupt an NFL QB.

Best fit- Chicago Bears

And my deep, deep sleeper is Joel Figueroa. I think he works his way onto a practice squad and, eventually, an NFL field.

Advertisement
I agree with most of those but I don't think that JoJo will get drafted. he is a tweaner that is pretty good at a lot of stuff but not very good at anything. he also won't wow with his measurables at the combine (assuming he goes)

I like your slots but think you're about a half round optimistic outside of Miller and Washington. I hope you're right on JoJo. I like BWash and OV to have the best careers of the group. I have a hard time seeing anyone draft MF but I'm sure someone will.

Good thread D$. Here is how I see it.

Streeter is the first Cane drafted. Big, fast WR's are the rage right now. With a good combine he can sneak into the middle 2nd, top of 2rd round.
Best fit- NE. In the very near future the Pats will have to choose between Gronk and Hernandez. Streeter can step in and assume the 3rd fav target after Welker and Gronk(assuming he stays).

Miller- mid to late 3rd. Quality RB's have been being scooped up later and later in each recent draft. Unless someone considers him a can't miss he will be available at this point.
Best fit- Eagles. No one uses skill players better than Reid. Also Desean Jackson might be gone. they will have to find other ways to produce big plays.

Spence- 3rd-4th round. Though I can see him possibly slipping later due to his size. Smartest LB in this class. He will be a 10+ year player IMO. If he gains strength without losing his quickness he will blossom into a pretty good player in the league.

Best fit- Jacksonville/Seattle. Both teams need LB help. Both teams need offensive help even moreso. Once they spend a few early round picks on the offense, they will then look for the anchor of the defense. Don't forget that Carroll was huge Spence fan.

BWash-3rd. This one could go either way. He could sneek into the 2nd or slide to the 4th. Teams looking at him at tackle won't grab him early. Someone in need of a guard will pick him higher.
Best fit- Atlanta. they are a run first team. Brandon is much better at run blocking. Could even see the Fins taking him.

Vernon- the most intriguing of them all. I say somewhere between 4-6th round. Hard to gauge right now. Another player that can elevate with a great combine. He will be a situational player to begin with which is why I think he falls more than he suspects.
Best fit- NE/NJY. Both teams in need of edge rushers. I can see Belicheck and Ryan using him as a stand up rush DE ala Jason Taylor.

Jojo- UFA. Will get invited to a camp. Will have to excel on special teams to make it. Not very instinctive or rangy.

Forston UFA- Though I could see New Orleans or Washington taking a chance on him in the 7th.
It's all on him. Potential doesn't get you far in the league. Results do. Antonio Dixon and Teraz McCray both had better motors and better work ethic,but failed to make any impact at the next level. That doesn't bode well for Marcus. If money is the gas that lights his fuse, i could see earning a 4 year deal but having to go the extra mile just to keep it.

Figs- nowhere. Just a big body. Not technically sound or fundamentally sturdy. Dt's in the NFL will eat him alive.

One of my favorite threads every year on Grassy, the NFL draft prediction game. Where do our guys go? My best guess:

Lamar Miller- Late 1st/Early Second

On film, he is a lock first rounder. At the combine, he will look like a Top 5 pick. People knock his running style and say the league has changed, but they have it backwards. With defenses spread out, there has never been a better time for a back like Miller. Look at guys like Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles and LeSean McCoy-- are they running people over? They have what Miller has: speed and vision.

The only thing that can keep the Truth out of the first is the shoulder. That's it.

Best Fit- Green Bay Packers

Tommy Streeter- Second Round

Another guy who will blow away the combine. He has legit 4.40 speed, and it wouldn't stun me if he can crack the 4.3s. Streeter's film this year is also consistently good. Just wish he spent another year improving his ability to catch away from his body and attack the ball in the air. He was making strides every week but isn't there yet. I also worry about his confidence. He's not a killer, and some early struggles could derail him.

Best fit- San Diego Chargers (or wherever Norv Turner goes).

Sean Spence- Late Second/Early Third

I expect his stock to really rise in the Senior Bowl. Rare football IQ to go along with excellent flexibility and coordination. The evolution of the game helps a versatile player like Spence.

Best fit- Indianapolis Colts

Brandon Washington
- Third Round

Excellent guard prospect who would've gone higher if he came out last year. Should have a long and productive career.

Best fit- Cincinnati Bengals

Travis Benjamin- Late Third/Early Fourth

Midway through the year, I thought he was a lock third rounder with a chance to sneak into the second. But he slipped late in the year and brought back the odl consistency concerns. Speed is premium, though, and Benjamin is a potential sub-4.3 runner who is a receiver first and a track guy second. That's valuable.

Best fit- Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Olivier Vernon- Late Third/Early Fourth

Has as much NFL talent as anybody and will go higher than people think. The FSU tape alone makes him a legit prospect-- he fired off the edge, got pressure as a DT, and played in coverage as an outside linebacker. What he has is short-area burst and the ability to jolt on contact. Could see him either inside or outside as a 3-4 backer.

Best fit- Baltimore Ravens

JoJo Nicolas- Late Fifth/Early Sixth

Has a chance to be a pretty good player. Wish he was a better tackler, but he is very smart and has solid range. Our staff has been pumping him up to scouts.

Best fit- Philadelphia Eagles

Marcus Forston- Late Fifth/Early Sixth

Has shown flashes and has the potential to turn it on once money gets involved. But I just can't get over the fact that he's not physical. Still, nothing is more valuable than a defensive tackle who can generate a rush up the middle. It's the easiest way to disrupt an NFL QB.

Best fit- Chicago Bears

And my deep, deep sleeper is Joel Figueroa. I think he works his way onto a practice squad and, eventually, an NFL field.

Think TB might be a little high but like your predictions.

Crazy that we had 8 draft picks this year (well, 7 since Forston was out).

Advertisement
Man i just dont understand why guys like Washington, Vernon and Forston would leave early just to be third or fourth round guys. Would be much more logical to come back next year work hard and prob. be first rounders. Scratches head

Advertisement
Miller - 2nd
Streeter - 3rd
Spence - 3rd
Washington - 3rd
Vernon - 4th
Benjamin - 5th
Horn - 6th
M. Robinson - 6th
Forston - 7th

UFA

Jojo
Regis
Fig
Byrd
Ojomo
Buchanan
Gunn
Jacory

Last edited:
Miller - 2nd
Streeter - 2nd
Washington-3rd
Spence - 4th
Vernon - 4th
Benjamin - 4th
Horn - 6th
M. Robinson - 6th
Byrd-7th
JoJo-7th

Whoever drafts Streeter, Washington and Vernon will be happy. Good Value and upside for where they will be taken at

Miller - 2nd
Streeter, Spence, and B-Wash - 3rd
Vernon - 4th
Benjamin - 6th

Forston, Jojo, Jacory and the rest - UFA

Advertisement
Miller- mid to late 3rd. Quality RB's have been being scooped up later and later in each recent draft. Unless someone considers him a can't miss he will be available at this point.
Best fit- Eagles. No one uses skill players better than Reid. Also Desean Jackson might be gone. they will have to find other ways to produce big plays.

No way Miller slips down to the mid to late 3rd. He wouldn't have left early if he was going to be drafted there so you have to assume those in the know told him he'd be late 1/early 2.

Washington - 2nd
Miller - 3rd
Streeter - 3rd
Spence - 4th
Vernon - 4th
Benjamin - 5th
Nicolas - 5th
M. Robinson - 5th
Forston - 7th

Nicolas will impress at the combine and someone with a need at DB will take him.

Advertisement
Miller - 2nd
Streeter - 3rd
Spence - 3rd
Washington - 3rd
Vernon - 4th
Benjamin - 5th
Horn - 6th
M. Robinson - 6th
Forston - 7th

UFA

Jojo
Regis
Fig
Byrd
Ojomo
Buchanan
Gunn
Jacory

Buchanan will be in orange and green next year

Great post D$..
Here is how I see it:
Lamar Miller - Early 2nd.. I would LOVE to see him go late first and hopefully he puts up a sub 4.4 40 at the combine to make that happen
When it comes to best fit, I'm not knowledgeable enough on the NFL to make that kind of assessment, but I definitely agree with your call on Green Bay taking him late in the First.

Brandon Washington - Second Round... See Orlando Franklin.. Big Black is the real deal.. at Guard...

Sean Spence - Late Second/Early Third.. Agree with D$ here that he will get lots of attention at the senior bowl; you will hear the coaches at the senior bowl talk about his football IQ and how 'coachable' he is..

Tommy Streeter - Third Round - I dont see Streeter going any higher than the third round UNLESS he runs below a 4.35.... Just not enough sample size for him to go higher than third round.. JMO.. now if he pulls a DVD and breaks 4.3.. then we can picture him in silver and black..

Oliver Vernon - Fourth Round - True about FSU film.. Kid is a monster..

JoJo - Sixth Round - He will get picked up... DB from the U.. was the leader of this team... .

Marcus Forston - Sixth Round - Former 5 Star - Notre Dame Film...

Harland Gunn - Sixth Round - Kid played 1,234,394 games here.. and he was solid in the run block

Laron Byrd - Sixth/Seventh Round - I know one team wants to use a late pick on him - Dolphins

Am I predicting we have 9 guys drafted????? Maybe I'm a bit of a homer....

Miller - 2nd
Streeter - 3rd
Spence - 3rd
Washington - 3rd
Vernon - 4th
Benjamin - 5th
Horn - 6th
M. Robinson - 6th
Forston - 7th

UFA

Jojo
Regis
Fig
Byrd
Ojomo
Buchanan
Gunn
Jacory

Buchanan will be in orange and green next year

I hope you're right, but I'd love to see some solid proof. People said all year that Ojomo had been granted a 6th year but there was never any evidence. Buchanan played in 4 games and isn't eligible to receive a hardship waiver.

Miller - 2nd (seems like the right spot)
Washington - 2nd (I think teams overlook this year at OT and see him as a starting OG)
Streeter - 3rd (raw as we all know, but the NFL craves size and speed at WR so potential puts him the 3rd)
Spence - 3rd (undersized of course, but too productive to fall below the 3rd)
Vernon - 4th/5th (I think the only teams that will consider him are 3-4 defenses, which limits the universe of candidate teams)
Benjamin - 5th (Maybe lower. Can't break tackles and isn't shifty...just straight line speed)
Ojomo - 6th (I think he gets drafted)
Forston - 6th (who knows really how NFL will assess him)
Jo Jo - ? right now (depends on 40 time at workouts)

Advertisement
Back