Predict where our guys get drafted

would love to see Vernon go undrafted but thats because I'm bitter that he was selfish enough to get suspended for as long as he did and then decides to abandon the team after playing a half season.

Advertisement
would love to see Vernon go undrafted but thats because I'm bitter that he was selfish enough to get suspended for as long as he did and then decides to abandon the team after playing a half season.

Anyone think UM might have encouraged these guys to move on?

Wouldn't surprise me considering they gave Golden an extension for no reason

If UM did, I actually would view that as a smart move, if that got these guys out from under the thumb of the NCAA and doing so helps UM in the investigation, as was mentioned elsewhere on these boards.

Wouldn't surprise me considering they gave Golden an extension for no reason

I guess recruiting and the rumors about him leaving was no reason? Having to deal with the Shaprio situation was no reason. Wow. Duck, your not a bad guy, but you type some off the wall stuff.

Advertisement
Even Drew Rosencrunt wouldn't be this optimistic. Miller goes in the 2nd round, I see no reason why anyone would take him in the first. Streeter will go in the 3rd round. I think Washington might surprise and go in the 2nd or 3rd. If anyone selects Forston or Benjamin before the 6th round they would be nuts.

I'd love to see Spence get drafted, but he's so undersized I'd be surprised if someone takes him before the final round. I hope I'm wrong.

Jo Jo-say 4th or 5th round.

Vernon-I have no clue. Very athletic, but not very smart of productive.

If Lamar Miller is the Truth, then he s/b tried for perjury.

One of my favorite threads every year on Grassy, the NFL draft prediction game. Where do our guys go? My best guess:

Lamar Miller- Late 1st/Early Second

On film, he is a lock first rounder. At the combine, he will look like a Top 5 pick. People knock his running style and say the league has changed, but they have it backwards. With defenses spread out, there has never been a better time for a back like Miller. Look at guys like Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles and LeSean McCoy-- are they running people over? They have what Miller has: speed and vision.

The only thing that can keep the Truth out of the first is the shoulder. That's it.

Best Fit- Green Bay Packers

Tommy Streeter- Second Round

Another guy who will blow away the combine. He has legit 4.40 speed, and it wouldn't stun me if he can crack the 4.3s. Streeter's film this year is also consistently good. Just wish he spent another year improving his ability to catch away from his body and attack the ball in the air. He was making strides every week but isn't there yet. I also worry about his confidence. He's not a killer, and some early struggles could derail him.

Best fit- San Diego Chargers (or wherever Norv Turner goes).

Sean Spence- Late Second/Early Third

I expect his stock to really rise in the Senior Bowl. Rare football IQ to go along with excellent flexibility and coordination. The evolution of the game helps a versatile player like Spence.

Best fit- Indianapolis Colts

Brandon Washington
- Third Round

Excellent guard prospect who would've gone higher if he came out last year. Should have a long and productive career.

Best fit- Cincinnati Bengals

Travis Benjamin- Late Third/Early Fourth

Midway through the year, I thought he was a lock third rounder with a chance to sneak into the second. But he slipped late in the year and brought back the odl consistency concerns. Speed is premium, though, and Benjamin is a potential sub-4.3 runner who is a receiver first and a track guy second. That's valuable.

Best fit- Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Olivier Vernon- Late Third/Early Fourth

Has as much NFL talent as anybody and will go higher than people think. The FSU tape alone makes him a legit prospect-- he fired off the edge, got pressure as a DT, and played in coverage as an outside linebacker. What he has is short-area burst and the ability to jolt on contact. Could see him either inside or outside as a 3-4 backer.

Best fit- Baltimore Ravens

JoJo Nicolas- Late Fifth/Early Sixth

Has a chance to be a pretty good player. Wish he was a better tackler, but he is very smart and has solid range. Our staff has been pumping him up to scouts.

Best fit- Philadelphia Eagles

Marcus Forston- Late Fifth/Early Sixth

Has shown flashes and has the potential to turn it on once money gets involved. But I just can't get over the fact that he's not physical. Still, nothing is more valuable than a defensive tackle who can generate a rush up the middle. It's the easiest way to disrupt an NFL QB.

Best fit- Chicago Bears

And my deep, deep sleeper is Joel Figueroa. I think he works his way onto a practice squad and, eventually, an NFL field.

people actually believe Ledfoot Nicholas is going to get drafted??

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Advertisement
Packers would be absolutely stupid wasting a 1st round pick on offense

They need a pass rusher in the worst way either a DE & OLB

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back