Predict where our guys get drafted

Miller- mid to late 3rd. Quality RB's have been being scooped up later and later in each recent draft. Unless someone considers him a can't miss he will be available at this point.
Best fit- Eagles. No one uses skill players better than Reid. Also Desean Jackson might be gone. they will have to find other ways to produce big plays.

No way Miller slips down to the mid to late 3rd. He wouldn't have left early if he was going to be drafted there so you have to assume those in the know told him he'd be late 1/early 2.

The NFL advisory group projects where a player might get drafted. It ceratinly isn't a guarantee either way. They could say he's projected as a 1st round but he lasts until the 3rd. They can project him being a late 2nd and he goes in the 1st.

Too busy right now to look it up, but there have been some really good RB's that have fallen to late 1nd or even mid-late 3rd round. Teams build through the interior now and add in the skill players.

Advertisement
I like your slots but think you're about a half round optimistic outside of Miller and Washington. I hope you're right on JoJo. I like BWash and OV to have the best careers of the group. I have a hard time seeing anyone draft MF but I'm sure someone will.

My thoughts exactly. Kid never really did much and was injured 2 out of the last 3 years. Washington howed some versatility in playing T and G so he may sneak into the end of round 1, but more likely a 2nd-3rd pick.

Miller - 2nd round because of the declining value of RBs. Late 1st is the ceiling.
Spence - 2nd round. Size has not and won't be an issue. His scheme fit is limited though.
Vernon - 2nd round. Production isn't a huge factor (see Ayers, Tyson Jackson). Weak DE class and Vernon is prototypical.
Washington - 3rd round. Value is lower than Franklin because he doesn't project to T at all. Should be one of the highest drafted OGs.
Streeter - 4th round. Hank was a better prospect. 1 year of production and straight-linish athleticism will hurt his stock. Deep WR class as well. 3rd round ceiling.
Regis - 5th round. Has the frame and skillset for the 4-3. Lots of good tape on him unlike some of our other prospects.
Benjamin - 5th round. Football IQ will come into question. 3rd round ceiling.
Ojomo - 6th round. Underrated prospect who's scheme versatile and has good tools. Those types tend to go in the 6th.
Jojo - 7th round. Lacks the physical tools of our other prospects but he's a leader and he can contribute on special teams and at all DB spots. Stereotypical 7th round pick.

Byrd, Gunn and Jacory are also draftable. Chambers is a possible late-round pick depending on his offseason. Horn, Futch and Forston are not draftable. Chase Ford had no business playing FBS football. Same goes for Michael Williams.

Overall I see us having 8-12 guys drafted, dominating the 2nd day once again.

Advertisement
Miller - 2nd. I think teams will have a real issue with his shoulder. When the opposing team hears about that shoulder, they are going to tee up on that thing.

Washington - I think the big guy will go here, and teams may see his tackle year as evidence of his versatility.

Streeter - 2nd. I've seen a lot worse go higher. Rare measurables. Potential of being a faster Plaxico.

Spence - 3rd. Too many coaches will vouch for a guy that played practically all 4 seasons and has great instincts. If he was 240, the guy would be a 1st rounder.

Vernon - 5th. Too raw.

Benjamin - 5th. Too inconsistent and not a good returner.

Ojomo - unfrafted.

Forston - 6th but should be undrafted. He's done nothing.

Jo Jo - Undrafted.

Miller - 2nd
Washington and Spence late second or third. I would bet Washington, barring injury will have the longest career or anyone
Streeter - 3rd or early 4th
Vernon and Benjamin - late 4th or 5th
Ojomo - 6th for a team that runs a 3 - 4 D
Forston - 6th or 7th
Gunn - 7th

Everyone else UFA

Miller- late 1st early 2nd. I think a good team takes him at the end of the first.
Washington- 2nd. He is a potential first round pick because everyone needs more linemen. Another year would have helped but I think BWash goes high.
Spence- 3rd. He has the talent to play but his size will hold him back.
Streeter-3rd. First round measurables but zero physical presence. In a deep WR draft I think he gets passed up by less talented guys.
Vernon- 4th. Could go high but I'm not sold.
Benjamin-5th

Advertisement
Miller - probably late second/early third round because his shoulder and 2nd half decline will probably be concerns

Streeter - probably late 3rd/early 4th..........he stepped up this year......but still looked akward running routes........hes got a history of dumb plays on STs.......which is where he may fit initially on an NFL team

Spence - late 2nd/early 3rd..........kid is gonna have a solid NFL career

Washington - late 3rd/early 4th........in the NFL hes probably a tackle not a guard........he struggled at tackle........the comparisons to franklin arent really valid because franklin stayed til the end.......and was solid on the right side......but struggled on the left side

he was never viewed as a left tackle in the nfl

Vernon - is a total crapshoot..........hes talented.......but there are a few things that will probably be used against him

1. he was suspended.......which will raise some flags in the nfl

2. when he came back this year.......he wasnt nearly as good as he was a year ago.........forston was hurt........was he only good because of who he had on the line with him?

Benjamin - 5th or 6th........a team looking for a 4th wr and return guy is where he will wind up

Horn - 6th.........sounds about right.......ditto for gunn

I don't know if I'm pessimistic or what but I just don't see a lot of these guys getting drafted at all. Miller, Streeter, Spence and Washington will for sure but as for the rest...

Benji will run fast at the combine so maybe that'll sneak him into the later rounds but anyone who watches film on him is going to question his football IQ and toughness.

Byrd was a disappearing man all year. Not much more needs to be said about Forston that we hasn't already been said. Vernon only had 9 sacks his entire career and 3 of those came against FAMU. JoJo is a guy I can see going the UFA route and sticking around.

People forget we were 6-6 in the f'n ACC. Some of these guys have highlight plays here and there but only enough to fill like a one minute Youtube clip. Throughout their careers, they disappeared or freelanced and did something stupid the rest of the time against what can't exactly be termed top notch competition.

Miller 2nd round
Streeter 2nd round
Vernon 4th round
Spence 5th round
Washington 7th round

everybody else undrafted

Advertisement
JoJo is gonna get drafted. How could you guys not see that he was our best DB last year?

One of my favorite threads every year on Grassy, the NFL draft prediction game. Where do our guys go? My best guess:

Lamar Miller- Late 1st/Early Second

On film, he is a lock first rounder. At the combine, he will look like a Top 5 pick. People knock his running style and say the league has changed, but they have it backwards. With defenses spread out, there has never been a better time for a back like Miller. Look at guys like Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles and LeSean McCoy-- are they running people over? They have what Miller has: speed and vision.

The only thing that can keep the Truth out of the first is the shoulder. That's it.

Best Fit- Green Bay Packers

Tommy Streeter- Second Round

Another guy who will blow away the combine. He has legit 4.40 speed, and it wouldn't stun me if he can crack the 4.3s. Streeter's film this year is also consistently good. Just wish he spent another year improving his ability to catch away from his body and attack the ball in the air. He was making strides every week but isn't there yet. I also worry about his confidence. He's not a killer, and some early struggles could derail him.

Best fit- San Diego Chargers (or wherever Norv Turner goes).

Sean Spence- Late Second/Early Third

I expect his stock to really rise in the Senior Bowl. Rare football IQ to go along with excellent flexibility and coordination. The evolution of the game helps a versatile player like Spence.

Best fit- Indianapolis Colts

Brandon Washington
- Third Round

Excellent guard prospect who would've gone higher if he came out last year. Should have a long and productive career.

Best fit- Cincinnati Bengals

Travis Benjamin- Late Third/Early Fourth

Midway through the year, I thought he was a lock third rounder with a chance to sneak into the second. But he slipped late in the year and brought back the odl consistency concerns. Speed is premium, though, and Benjamin is a potential sub-4.3 runner who is a receiver first and a track guy second. That's valuable.

Best fit- Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Olivier Vernon- Late Third/Early Fourth

Has as much NFL talent as anybody and will go higher than people think. The FSU tape alone makes him a legit prospect-- he fired off the edge, got pressure as a DT, and played in coverage as an outside linebacker. What he has is short-area burst and the ability to jolt on contact. Could see him either inside or outside as a 3-4 backer.

Best fit- Baltimore Ravens

JoJo Nicolas- Late Fifth/Early Sixth

Has a chance to be a pretty good player. Wish he was a better tackler, but he is very smart and has solid range. Our staff has been pumping him up to scouts.

Best fit- Philadelphia Eagles

Marcus Forston- Late Fifth/Early Sixth

Has shown flashes and has the potential to turn it on once money gets involved. But I just can't get over the fact that he's not physical. Still, nothing is more valuable than a defensive tackle who can generate a rush up the middle. It's the easiest way to disrupt an NFL QB.

Best fit- Chicago Bears

And my deep, deep sleeper is Joel Figueroa. I think he works his way onto a practice squad and, eventually, an NFL field.

I'm more or less with you.. except I'm not sure Benjamin goes that high, Jojo will not get drafted unless he puts up some real good #s at UM pro day or combine.

Advertisement
JoJo is gonna get drafted. How could you guys not see that he was our best DB last year?

Best DB on a team that gave up roughly 8 billion passing yards to almost every team on their schedule. Yeah, I want to draft that guy.

I'm agreeing with Duck on something, god help me. It's a Festivus Miracle. Anyway, JoJo has some talent as he had a great game against GT and made like 10 tackles vs. UNC but that doesn't spell getting drafted to me.

Last edited:
Lamar Miller - I think he's a legitimate first round graded runner, but I think he'll slip into Early Round 2, maybe slide a little further.
Tommy Streeter - I'm being very conservative if I say he goes in the 3rd Round. I think he's more of a fourth round wide out, both in grade and projection.
Sean Spence - Late Second Round, kid can play.
Brandon Washington - 3rd or 4th Round.
Travis Benjamin - Higher than some think. Would not shock me if he's drafted ahead of Streeter. Looks like an Oakland Raider.
Olivier Vernon - These guys always get drafted...but a little later than projected. 5th-6th Round area.
JoJo Nicholas - He'll be drafted. Versatile defensive back prospect with size.
Marcus Forston - 7th Round/Undrafted.
Adewale Ojomo - Undrafted.
Someone will give Jacory a shot...especially when you see a kid like TJ Yates come in and be successful. Four year starters always get a shot.
Wouldn't shock me to see Byrd on a PSquad at some point.
Figueroa might get a shot.

My sleeper is Micanor Regis. Not sure if he's drafted, but I can see ol boy playing in the league as a 4th tackle.

Benjamin will be drafted... His game resembles Joey Galloway... I can see someone taking him between the 3rd and 4th rounds... He's better than may on here give him credit... This year the coaches changed his role by having him run a lot of screens and hitch routes hoping he make plays like Desean Jackson... I dont think thats his game, its more of a Joey Galloway type... But I pretty much agree with DMoney on his post... But I think the biggest surprise will be Jacory... He'll get drafted... I think signing with Drew is a pretty good indicator that he'll get drafted... He's more of a 5th-UDFA, but if he performs well at any post season all star games, I think that will help his cause...

Advertisement
Back