Predict Taggart's tenure at FSU

Advertisement
He's inheriting a pretty talented team. It would take one **** of a corching effort for them to win less than 8 games in the coming years. Will his recruiting shtick hold up after back to back 8-4 seasons? That's the question.

He's inheriting a pretty talented team. It would take one **** of a corching effort for them to win less than 8 games in the coming years. Will his recruiting shtick hold up after back to back 8-4 seasons? That's the question.

If Jimbo did it so can Willy.

I'd set the line on his tenure at F$U: Over 4.5 years +150, Under 4.5 years -170
-170 is always hard to pull the trigger on. That said I'd be all over it. A "black dude" in Trailerhassee.... As soon as they are out of the National Championship hunt they will refocus their energy running the colored fella out of town. It will only get worse from there. 2.5 years topps.

Advertisement
giphy.gif

Advertisement
2018 10-3 (they are still chalk full of 4 and 5 stars)
2019 8-5
2020 7-6
2021 7-6 and fired
They were chalk full of 4 and 5 stars this year yet went 7-6. Same thing with LSU yet they lost to Troy. I just Happen to think Taggart is a downgrade from fisher and the staff he hired definitely is. Bunch of no names other than Odell

They were chalk full of 4 and 5 stars this year yet went 7-6. Same thing with LSU yet they lost to Troy. I just Happen to think Taggart is a downgrade from fisher and the staff he hired definitely is. Bunch of no names other than Odell
I just think last year was an outlier for them with their current talent. If Francois is ready to play they'll be pretty good imo. I agree he's a downgrade, though.

2018 10-3 (they are still chalk full of 4 and 5 stars)
2019 8-5
2020 7-6
2021 7-6 and fired

Sounds about right. With Francois coming back there is still enough talent to get 10 wins in 2018. With Lamar Jackson gone from UL FSU could probably only lose to us an Clemson.
Then the mediocrity starts to manifest itself. He may not make it through the season by 2021

Last edited:
Advertisement
Do something is the weakest shot ever. The fact he used the same Tony Robbins bull**** at Oregon last year is comical.

Go sell sales tips to middle management Willie!

Advertisement
IDK what His tenure will be like, but He did take a big career risk by taking the FSU job.

He improved on Oregon's record from the year before...had the #6 recruiting class in the Nation...had a pretty good DC in Leavitt...a SoFla plug in Cristobal...a cash cow in Knight...better facilities...the Oregon job had more upside than the FSU job.

Offensively, I think He'll be an upgrade over that slow, plodding, dinosaur offense that Dumbo was running, but it's His total program managing skills that will make or break em'.

And Dumbo lost that team...usually coaches that lose teams, more than likely never had the ability to rally a team in the first place.

Winston & Cook masked a lot of Dumbo's shortcomings.

Last edited:
Last year we beat FSU !! About F'n time!! GREAT!!

Playing Bama right outta the chute is no picnic for any team. Yes they had a horrible year, but if you take a look a that roster, you know they are far from dead.

They had lost their 1st string QB playing us with a fresh outta the box rookie yet still came back strong on us at our best. I'm realistic and have watched close hand our rivalry for decades, so I'm not ready to write them off so easily and I wouldn't go to sleep on them this year. I can easily visualize a 10-2 season for them this year ( Clemson, Miami) So, a good year this year with Francois will quickly put their recruiting difficulties in the rear view mirror. FSU has recruited this state so well for so many years, that its hard to believe that last year's bad luck and so so recruit class will be duplicated again.

Don't know that much about Taggert except that he recruited well at Oregon, but I do know that FSU won't tolerate bad seasons for long. They've released the $$$ bags so he can pretty much hire away whatever staff that he wants later with more time.

So, If he doesn't turn this around this year with Francois and all of the 4-5 stars that they have and follow it up with a great recruiting class, I doubt they'll whistle past the graveyard for years like we did with Golden. They'll cut their losses quickly and move on. They've got the $$$ to put them in contention for most top notch coaches.

So, that being said, IF he turns it around and wins 10 this year, then I predict 5+ years, unless last year's funky season is ever approached in that time.

But If he struggles out the gate, I give him 2 years at the most.

Advertisement
Back