Predict Taggart's tenure at FSU

Advertisement
Nah 3-9 is nuts. No basis other than pure homerism.

Taggart will hit Al Golden numbers. Maybe a tad better but stuck in mediocrity. 8-4 will be their norm.

He and his new butt buddy Uncle Luke can, "Brother, man" enough talent there to have some success, but FSU is among the most whiny and soft shouldered fan bases there is. Recall how fast they turned on Jimbo. Yeah, yeah, their big rivals were down and out, but he took over for .500 teams in the Bowden twilight years and ended up winning a title. Taggart won't do as well as quickly and the natives will grow restless in a hurry. 4 or 5 years sounds about right with year 3 being when the ice starts to crack.

Advertisement
Nah 3-9 is nuts. No basis other than pure homerism.

Taggart will hit Al Golden numbers. Maybe a tad better but stuck in mediocrity. 8-4 will be their norm.

He has to outperform Golden. His recruiting numbers are way better than what Golden had to work with.

He’s corny enough to pull the wool over the eyes of enough recruits and their parents so he’ll recruit well, let’s be honest he’s never been a bad recruiter.

Also, in spite of FSU’s abysmal performance last year, on paper, they were a very talented team. From a recruiting/stars perspective, honestly, more talent than Miami had last year.

Because of existing talent, and his continuing to recruit, although not a Jimbo levels, he’ll be corching them to an average of 7-8 win seasons every year. Probably average around 8 wins.

After 2 years it’s going to really start going downhill. Message board craziness. Social media revolts. I think he could last a total of 3 or maybe 4. But maximum 4 years.

Bottom line: he will not reach the success they want. The honeymoon period won’t last 2 years, and it will get ugly.

Advertisement
2018 9-3 (Francois leaves as a RS Jr.)
2019 8-4
2020 7-5 but wins meaningless bowl game and saves his skin for one more season
2021 3-3 fired

W/L vs Miami 0-3 or 0-4 if we play them in first 6 games

I think he'll average 8 to 9 games per season. After Frenchie leaves, Blackmon will be the guy, and he's alot better than alot are giving him credit for, and he'll recruit well enough (Top 10), but they're guaranteed 2 losses minimum per year, and that's not even counting the teams who've closed the gap with them like Lousiville and NC State.

Advertisement
Will certainly be interesting, I feel Like they downgraded in a lot of areas on the coaching staff

I think most people in here are nailing the trajectory on The Tagfart Era of Mediocrity about to commence in soon to be disgruntled Tallahassee.

What's going to exacerbate it is that they're not coming off a previous run of mediocrity like we did with Radio when we hired Alfredo. These poor ******* FSU fans will have a living breathing weekly comparison point in whatever Cuckbo is doing in College Station. And that will be exacerbated even more as the national media keeps saying that he's doing it a division that is on par with the AFC South.

Taggart has shown he can recruit and build a nice team. But he has shown zero ability to get beyond that point because he's bounced around so much. Imo he doesn't have it in him to do more than that.

This hire reeked of impatience and desperation by FSU.

My guess is he'll pull some players and maybe hit 9-10 wins once, But we'll put together a dominant streak against them and the Turds will improve and beat him with Mullen.

And that will be all she wrote by year four.

Advertisement
They have a brutal schedule this year. I can see them losing 4 games easily.

Where do some of you get off saying he did well at USF?

He lost almost every game before every decent team in the big east left

WVU, Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse, Rutgers

That’s when his luck turned

It’s almost identical to Temple dropping out of big east w Alf Gorlden

He’ll win 8-9 a year for a few years. Then he’ll be out.

Pretty much what I’m thinking, that’s his ceiling. Doesn’t go higher than this and could go lower.

The nightmare scenario for him is if the fans, boosters etc really start to get restless after a couple of years of 8 win seasons thinking that’s his ceiling, then you know how things can really get toxic with that particular fanbase and their boosters, especially for a guy like Willie.

Advertisement
Back