Spring PractiSe #5 **TUESDAY**

But it’s not based on evidence. Hall started 11 games as a sophomore and was second on the team in tackles. The year before that he backed up two NFL players.
of course it isn't based on evidence. he was a receiver/tight end, not a defensive player.

Advertisement
Amari Carter is going to be the most frustrating situation
Exactly and it makes the least amount of sense. At least McCloud and the staff recognized a change needed to be made and he's better fit for DE. I have no clue what's holding them up from moving Carter to LB.

From my perspective I would've rather seen far more of the young backers last year over McCloud and Jennings. I realize Covid played a part but those older guys got way too many snaps, they were terrible.

Now we have some younger DE's that are promising and need reps and we read McCloud has been a standout, it seems like deja Vu. I would love for McCloud to prove me wrong, just don't see it.
Our LBs stink, but that’s really the product of bad recruiting and injuries.

The only young LB that knew what he was doing without an offseason was Flagg, and he played. He would have played more if not for an ill-timed case of Covid.

Advertisement
Cmon El you know Jennings already had one foot out the door and Couch sent Blades to the bench when Covid hit. Chaney had Cam crying on social media and McCloud had to change positions.

The whole seniority thing has blown up into the biggest cis urban legend going.
It's not an urban legend, it's a fact.

I guarantee you McCloud, Jennings, Ivey, Carter etc will all start & play significant snaps this year.

Advertisement
1616516832749.png

Yall are on drugs if you think any of the young guys are taking snaps away from the vets.

I'll shut up now because I realize I'm wet blanketing the early Spring optimism, but come September - November when you see the same guys out there doing the same things they did last year don't be shocked 🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
Pencil in McCloud as a starter at SDE.

DeAndre will be playing the rotational role that Trent Harris/Trevon Hill played. And Harvey will be the guy at WDE.

Also expect a big dose of BJ Jennings & DJ Ivey all year too lol The Safeties will remain Bolden, Hall & Carter, the young Safeties will only play 3rd team & mop up duty.

Seniority always wins with Manny.
****es me off

If this is the case there will be a new staff pretty soon the following year. Can't keep playing favorites. The best have to play

Advertisement
Yall are on drugs if you think any of the young guys are taking snaps away from the vets.

I'll shut up now because I realize I'm wet blanketing the early Spring optimism, but come September - November when you see the same guys out there doing the same things they did last year don't be shocked 🤷🏾‍♂️
U can't tell the truth around spring time remember 15-0

Joe Jackson got 7.5 sacks as a freshman. Thats impressive to do when the coach won't play you and you're on the bench.

I do not think Diaz has a seniority issue. As you mentioned, Joe Jack played as a TF, I remember Bandy, Garvin and Carter all getting substantial reps against ND as TF, Garvin played a lot as a TF, Flagg, Chaney and Rooster this year. Zion started as TF and played all year, TF Clark started halfway through the year, of course the trio of LB's, Williams beating out an older more experienced Perry.

Fact is most TF are not ready to contribute substantially, do they deserve burn? Yes of course.

My issue with Manny is the leash he has on guys. He has eyes, when he sees someone continually f-ing up over and over again in a game, pull his *** out for a series or two or three and I don't care how good they were in practice that week, what do you have to lose? then if a youngin comes in and performs, you roll with the hot hand, if he f's up, you pull his *** out too.

I am however happy to hear Scaife is back practicing at T.

Advertisement
Back