Practise - #3

Christian Williams was getting a lot of praise from baker today. Couch and Williams are pushing for jobs

Ivey's job is up for grabs I think. Still early but I think they want one of them to push him to the max and take that job. Which is a shame because the light should have come on for Ivey by now. Its his 3rd year under Rumph. He cant blame position coach changes or injuries or anything really. Its all on him at this point.

Advertisement
Ivey's job is up for grabs I think. Still early but I think they want one of them to push him to the max and take that job. Which is a shame because the light should have come on for Ivey by now. Its his 3rd year under Rumph. He cant blame position coach changes or injuries or anything really. Its all on him at this point.
Love hearing about CWill and Couch development

You act like he’s added it in one month, he’s been at Miami for almost 8 months and has been doing the football program and conditioning the whole time. Rousseau did pretty much the same thing his freshman year when he added 35 or so pounds in that first half of year or so when he got to Miami

I’m not acting like nothing Broke, just stating my opinion. 40 lbs in one year is a lot of weight no matter how you slice it. Slim chance he keeps the same explosion he has previously.

I’m not acting like nothing Broke, just stating my opinion. 40 lbs in one year is a lot of weight no matter how you slice it. Slim chance he keeps the same explosion he has previously.
Phillips was up to 250 already coming out of highschool and played at about 255 at UCLA in his 2 seasons there, it’s not much difference. This is his natural playing weight plus about 10 pounds. Not that big of a deal

Last edited:
Advertisement
Phillips was up to 250 coming out of highschool and played at about 255 at UCLA in his 2 seasons there, it’s not much difference. This is his natural playing weight plus about 10 pounds. Not that big of a deal

It's not as crazy as what Nelson put on last year. But agree with Mang it's not ideal. You don't want to put that much weight that quickly on a rush end. It's gotta affect his explosiveness and agility. Hopefully he can shed a few pounds and focus exclusively on athleticism for the next several months.

It's not as crazy as what Nelson put on last year. But agree with Mang it's not ideal. You don't want to put that much weight that quickly on a rush end. It's gotta affect his explosiveness and agility. Hopefully he can shed a few pounds and focus exclusively on athleticism for the next several months.
This would be different if the weight isn’t what he was already at or used to but.... he’s been over 250 pounds since highschool. The only reason he lost that much weight is because he didn’t workout at all after the 18 season. Go look at how big he was at UCLA , he was up to 255 there. Why in the world would he need to shed pounds? That doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. He’s BEEN athletic while being over 250

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Droppin waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back
Screenshot_20200304-205355_Retro Bowl.jpg

You can get it in your phone

If he improve his technique and awareness, he can contribute somewhere in the rotation.

I am an Ivey defender but well aware of his limitations. It is EXCELLENT NEWS that he he may fall behind Williams and Couch. Those guys were more athletic, higher rated prospects and apparently are playing like it.

Having Ivey working hard and improving but still falling to fourth means the higher upside guys are developing. This is a win all around that Couch and Williams are receiving praise at the same time.

Those two having solid or better seasons completely changes the outlook for the defense for the better.

Advertisement
This would be different if the weight isn’t what he was already at or used to but.... he’s been over 250 pounds since highschool. The only reason he lost that much weight is because he didn’t workout at all after the 18 season. Go look at how big he was at UCLA , he was up to 255 there. Why in the world would he need to shed pounds? That doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. He’s BEEN athletic while being over 250

Brock; r u a body builder, by any chance?

If he improve his technique and awareness, he can contribute somewhere in the rotation.

I am an Ivey defender but well aware of his limitations. It is EXCELLENT NEWS that he he may fall behind Williams and Couch. Those guys were more athletic, higher rated prospects and apparently are playing like it.

Having Ivey working hard and improving but still falling to fourth means the higher upside guys are developing. This is a win all around that Couch and Williams are receiving praise at the same time.

Those two having solid or better seasons completely changes the outlook for the defense for the better.

I hope Ivey gets surpassed

Advertisement
Back