Spring PractiSe #2: Wednesday March 6

I would be shocked if Cristobal plays over Samson

Mario:

Ufc 209 Mma GIF by UFC

Creature Feature Monster Movies GIF

/kidding

Advertisement
Crap - I just spoke to a good buddy of mine in the AD that was at practice today. TFWIW but apparently the staff is going to make Lou a captain for the UF game. Went on to say that his knowledge of the playbook is unmatched amongst his OL counterpart and the staff sees him as another coach out there, ability be damned.

He also told me that the Washington OG transfer really wanted to come but Mario couldn't promise him a starting job because he was torn about benching his nephew.

We seriously might be f*cked.
I have several friends in the AD, and none of them have said that. I'll find out more in June, when I'm sitting in Mario's office (who I've known since 98) chatting....

Advertisement
Save us, D$. Samson at LG is what we need. We don’t need 5’11 280 nephew.
Samson is already getting first-team LG snaps as he works his way back from injury. He makes more money than Judge Judy and he's a freak talent identified by Mario and Mirabal as the #1 overall prospect in the nation. Let's just hope he stays healthy.

Advertisement
Have those so called "overreactions" not been justified year in and year out for the better part of 20 years? Or do those all go away because it's a new year? I always find it funny that people dismiss any criticism then call people mopes when we have subpar seasons. Never change.
**** so Lou can’t get any reps at all? I’m sure he works hard maybe even harder than the other guys and how is the hard work supposed to be rewarded? I’m sure Mario wants to win and understands how he’s supposed to win that’s why he goes out and gets these 6’9 tackles and 6’5 guards. So what the kid started such a meaningful bowl game against Rutgers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Absolutely kill me now if Lou is going to be the starting LG come fall. This entire coaching staff needs to be jettisoned into the sun if this ends up happening. This has to be a seniority/continuity thing carrying over from the bowl game because in no world does this kid belong on starting OL, let alone in the 2 deep.
Take it easy fam...

You're in full meltdown mode & Summer workouts haven't even happened yet.

Relax

Advertisement
Back