Practice today

We are right on schedule for the offseason.. After spring game next week we start the PR campaign for 15-0 for the rest of offseason.. Should be good times..
No one should be making any conclusions one way or the other. You've got a new coaching staff in their first spring and they are pulling in players from the portal almost weekly. No Porter or Stevenson at CB in team stuff. Rivers and Campbell same. A starting TE out. Two RBs out. Portal help on the DL with Agunde and Moultrie haven't practiced. More to come. Same for OL. We're in on a LB. Whether you're an optimist or skeptic don't know how anyone can make a conclusion when there are probably 10-15 contributors in the fall who won't take one snap in 11-on-11 in the spring.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Modest is fine as long as we are a long way from worst in college football in tackling. That was ******* embarrassing and should never happen at UM under ANY coaching staff, no matter how remedial they are.

The start of culture change is hopefully well under way to get rid of the prima donna **** that leads to that…

**** just improved tackling and playing assignment football on defense would be the modest improvement needed.

Advertisement
I do probably err on the optimistic side, but that’s how I am built.

Flagg and Steed both got time there today (I was only there for about 75 minutes). They are both decent linebackers and that’s kinda the problem.

The whole thing besides coaching with Miami is where are the difference makers? Where are the elite kids?

By elite, I mean top 5 at their position in CFB.

The past 10 YEARS we’ve had maybe 3. Duke, Phillips, maybe Brevin. Maybe Rousseau

BAMA has 3 of these a year.

THAT is a key component between 9 wins and 11.

We have at least 1 this year
Well TVD is one. Our TE room is top 5 in the country. But yeah I see what your saying.

I’m thinking you’re probably a bit overly optimistic on the OL or the DL is really depleted at the moment.

But maybe you’re being a bit pessimistic on the DB’s and LBs? We all with our own eyes that the OL wasn’t great last year and the DBs were getting torched (not even going to mention LBs)

Can’t underestimate the effect great coaching will have on the OL, but the lack of tackle bodies and overall strength is concerning on paper. As for the CBs and LBs I think they’re more talented than people give them credit for, and you can’t blame them for giving up plays if TVD is really playing at an elite level.

Hope the transfers pan out in the DL, we’re gonna need em

Our offensive line was decent at pass blocking but was bad at run blocking last year. Most of the big plays in the scrimmage were passing plays.

1649684698059.png

Advertisement
Steele got his work cut out for him, DB's are pretty good but from DE to DL to LB, it's just not Miami talent. Of course we have a couple of guys but that's razor thin depth at those positions talent wise.

How are we looking for class size and transfer portal, how many more intitial counters or how many more transfers can we take?

Advertisement
I hope yall don't expect anything beyond marginal improvement across the board.

One spring cannot offset years of pi$$ poor coaching and a fvcked up culture. It also can't fix glaring talent deficiencies.
My question is, are marginal improvements good enough to get to the ACC championship ?

Advertisement

One spring cannot offset years of pi$$ poor coaching and a fvcked up culture. It also can't fix glaring talent deficiencies.
My expectations are ti beat every team on our schedule except; A&M, Clemson & UNC. And i just expect UNC could go our way.

Potential is just that, unproven. There's a window to compete at a high level with TVD and the portal allows you to do that in 1 offseason.

He's going for it.

We got mollywopped by a team last year that loaded up on the portal and made one of the bigger single season turnarounds youll see...Michigan State.

We've used the portal and are most likely the poster child around CFB re: the portal, but some would say (and by some, I mean me) we should have hammered the portal even harder during the Manny years, unfortunately, we did not have the resources to really mine it to the level we needed to. Mario shows up, hires and puts together an entire department to manage portal transfers and so far, we're hammering the portal. Makes sense.

The spring game team isn’t close to the one that will take the field for game one this fall. I expect a team to take the field that’s unrecognizable in both the way they play the game and name for a third of the starters. Marginal improvements would be a huge fail. I expect to be competitive in every quarter of football this coming season. We’ve always had the talent to win against the majority of the ACC. I expect to win the games we’re favored in and compete at a solid level against A&M and Clemson. I expect the Miami Hurricanes to show up always.

Advertisement
Back