Practice #3

JORDAN MILLER

We have some beast looking DT’s. If these kids play how they look we should be in good shape.

Advertisement
It will be either Williams or Martell. Perry sucks under pressure and is terrible running the ball. Lastly, I don't think he can make it to Fall without Fing up again...
Perry maybe didn’t run as much in highschool but he showed he could do it a bit last year. With that being said martell is by fare the best option in terms of feeling pressure and running ability at the position but at the moment is not the most consistent passer

View attachment 82310
JORDAN MILLER

We have some beast looking DT’s. If these kids play how they look we should be in good shape.
I agree and we got bethel too who started majority of last year and chigozie Nnoruka who has qualities of a pass rushing disruptive dt. Not to mention the 3 freshman coming in as well. Not worried about that position we got some guys who will be productive in the scheme. Ford looks like an animal physically and is off to a great start this spring

Advertisement
Hold on. I will go grab my son so he can continue this convo for me because I just realized that I've been arguing with a kindergartner. I'll admit, you know how to use a lot of big words to be so young.
Don’t worry this little exchange is done, I’m keeping these receipts just in case Tate lives up the hype, I don’t want to see you celebrating. Keep that same energy you had after his 3rd spring practice

Don’t worry this little exchange is done, I’m keeping these receipts just in case Tate lives up the hype, I don’t want to see you celebrating. Keep that same energy you had after his 3rd spring practice
You really can't read, can you? Even for a kindergartner, you should at least be able to read at the pre-K level. These receipts? This energy?.....
I like Martell a lot, as I do the other two QB's who are battling to be the starter.

There is no doubt in my mind that Martell is going to thrive at Miami, but I can't help but laugh at the irony of it all!

I REALLY LIKE TATE MARTELL! In fact, I have been one of his biggest fans, simply for the fact that he is going to raise the level of play of all our QB's

I really like him and think that he is a tremendous asset to our QB room as well as the team overall

I hope what ever stupidity that is flowing in your veins is not contagious and subsequently can not be transferred via message board banter.

Advertisement
You really can't read, can you? Even for a kindergartner, you should at least be able to read at the pre-K level. These receipts? This energy?.....

I hope what ever stupidity that is flowing in your veins is not contagious and subsequently can not be transferred via message board banter.
You’ve stated that Tate was on the same boat as Rosier & RS freshman Kosi, you’ve called anyone who attempts to defend Tate a “Martell Apologist” despite the fact we’ve only stated that it’s his 3rd practice in spring, learning an entirely new offense. You literally began one sentence with “One game, against Rutgers? Really?” in a negative sentence, so no, you can’t just say “I really really like Tate” in all of your sentences and then proceed to give foolish criticism, FOH

You’ve stated that Tate was on the same boat as Rosier & RS freshman Kosi, you’ve called anyone who attempts to defend Tate a “Martell Apologist” despite the fact we’ve only stated that it’s his 3rd practice in spring, learning an entirely new offense. You literally began one sentence with “One game, against Rutgers? Really?” in a negative sentence, so no, you can’t just say “I really really like Tate” in all of your sentences and then proceed to give foolish criticism, FOH

LMAO....wishful thinking. The battle is between Williams and Perry. Williams will be the starter. I hope Martell doesn't transfer again.

If it’s wishful thinking then why do you care if Martell transfers out? We’re talking about an out route here. How much more evidence do you need that QB is a mental position first and foremost.

Advertisement
Your seed is unleashed... again!

Not a dumb question at all. Since the IPF was only recently completed, the portion of the field that was being used as a thoroughfare for moving materials, equipment, and heavy machinery was only recently cleared. The final phase of the project is the installment of a new sprinkler system, followed by the construction of a new practice field complete with prescribed athletic turf imported from my farm.

For eight years I have been the leading supplier of hybrid seed grass in Miami-Dade County, and the reason is clear: My seed is pure!

I have come to assume my dominant position in this farm community due to the high quality and timely delivery of my seed. Come to my farm, conveniently located in Kendall, just over the bridge, and you will leave smiling and satisfied in every way, if not utterly amazed at the performance. You must have my seed!

My oldest children rush about the store to fulfill my orders while I take customers to the back storeroom one by one. There I show them my burlap sacks, heavy and bulging with premium seed renowned for its fertility. Even if you've heard the stories, you'll still be astounded when I pour my seed out into your hands. My sod is guaranteed to be free of insects and rodents and is carefully tested for bacteria, fungus and spore growth. Bill Edwards of Cloverleaf Hy-Bred Seed often comes to scout out my store. He walks by silently, with his hands in his overall pockets, sucking on a stalk of wheat. I lock eyes with him, and the hair under his John Deere cap bristles, but I do not even flinch because I know I'm the best.

We're open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

We also carry heavy equipment, livestock, medicinal supplies and much, much more, so come on down and check out the store! You'll be glad you did.

1.Because a lot of us are cautious enough to not judge Tate from a few passes thrown in a meaningless 7v7, 1v1, with no real coverage or pressure, best believe that these reports have no real indication on who’s the more “accurate” on the field.
2.Its been stated multiple times by people like Ivins and Roman, that Tate has the less impressive arm amongst the 3, Tate strengths rely in running RPO, running zone read, throwing on the run, breaking from the pocket and extending plays, not standing around in the pocket all day, although he’s fairly accurate when he does that as well, so in actuality he’s more Russell Wilson than Drew Brees.
3. Those concerns about Perry and Rosier last spring were legitimate because unlike Tate, they weren’t learning a new offensive playbook or concepts, and both QBs dif not have ideal mechanics, and both weren’t progressively better than the previous year under Jon Richt.
Let the best man win, stop buying into these reports, real competition starts this fall anyways.
Now that reports are not in his favor, the real competition doesn't starts til fall...but you see videos of him sticking around after practice and the bias fans showing favoritism praise his work ethics in the spring camp; EXCUSES.

Fyi, competition starts right now. There's a short window between spring and fall camp to develop, train and polish your game before being handed the keys to this offense. I'm glad Tate's putting in xtra work after practice( he's working on his weakness). With that said, Perry maybe in the playbook w/enos or learning how to break down defenses under enos scheme. JW putting in work in various areas. It's all good bc their all young and want to lead this ship the next 2-3yrs.

Like a lot of ppl have said, " let the man who has proven to take the offense by the horns and can move the team up and down the field take the first snap."

Advertisement
He played in 6 games last year but only attempted passes in 3 of them. He was 10-10 against Rutgers, 10-14 against Tulane and 3-4 against Oregon State. I understand it's not exactly murderers row but the guy did complete 82% of his passes against actual FBS competition in actual games. He's at least shown he can be accurate in a game situation. Perry didn't take a single snap in 2017 so when he started 2018 spring ball looking very inaccurate, there was nothing else to gauge his abilities on. Personally, I don't let a few practices let me get too high or too low on a guy. This QB battle is going to go well into the summer and fall.
The majority of those completions/attempts were bubble screens and rollouts(scrambles) 5yd outs...stop with the, "he was 23-28" bs. You're giving too much credit for stats that are a bit misleading due to type of passes he threw. Tate can play and he's a winner, but this isn't high school. JW & Perry are under different supervision now. Maybe they will actually progress into the guys that their potential foreseen. Nobody knows where this is headed on 3/22.

Seems like Martell has won over all the fans that live on twitter and instagram. In almost all the posts from guys on here predicting big things from him they cite swag as one of the top 3 reasons why he'll succeed here. It's getting a bit ridiculous.

he has nice film and gets the ball out. This is the 7 on 7 portion, but let's see how they read defenses and respond under pressure.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back