Practice #11

Advertisement
Rutgers has the same defensive S&P rating as Duke, a team we were only able to put up 12 points against last year. Tate scored 12 by himself and didn't even start.

It's bad reporting when you're alluding to a particular player losing the job when u have only seen them in a controlled setting and depth charts have come out contradicting your reports.

And Miami played duke in the complete rain.
Now, I am not saying NKosi or Malik is better then Tate, but again, he threw main highly percentage throws in mop up duty where no emotions or care form the defense was (those two are assumed, if you've played ball you know what I mean).
Dwayne Haskins missed only three passes that game, so base don your logic, Tate is better then Haskins as a QB.
I also think that Dukes overall talent is better then Rutgers especially when considering record.

Rutgers has the same defensive S&P rating as Duke, a team we were only able to put up 12 points against last year. Tate scored 12 by himself and didn't even start.

It's bad reporting when you're alluding to a particular player losing the job when u have only seen them in a controlled setting and depth charts have come out contradicting your reports.

Ohio State had arguably the best offense in the nation last year, probably 2nd to Oklahoma. We had Richt running a pre-historic offense. The fact that you use this as a valid argument is dumbfounding. Rutgers is not a good team, period.

Tate doesn't have a large sample size of game footage to base anything off of. He's a talented QB, but so are Perry and Williams. You can only base reports off of what you see. We haven't seen Tate in many big time games to where we can conclude he'd be a completely different QB in an actual game-time environment. This isn't to say that Perry and Williams should be run-away favorites.

But no one's taking you seriously right now because you've literally said that you're biased for Tate to win the job. Meanwhile, most Canes fans want to see the best QB win the starting job.

You seem like the type that if Tate doesn't win the job, you'll criticize any little mistake that Perry or Williams makes going forward rather than cheering them on.

Here we go again. Rev, I thought you were off the rag? I guess not.
CIS posters, if anybody challenge this nut job, he will carry on forever telling you what you think and feel. Just leave it alone before she takes it to 17 pages. Please

The ignore button worked really well for me. Makes the boards much more readable.

Advertisement
Did you even look at Tate throws?
I can actually pull up a post of him prior to coming here and I broke his tape of throws down and everything was short shorts which artificially inflates completion percentage numbers, (i.e., all high percentage throws and maybe 2 or 3 deep shots the whole time.)
I believe the same size is too small and the competition he played wasn't enough to have a competent analysis.
Furthermore, let's remember that at Bishop Gorman who was on his team (i.e., Brevin Jordan, Bubba Bolden, etc.) , and again when he was in at OSU the talent around him in comparison to versus.
Lots of variables to look at, can't just look at 23/28, that's lazy.

10/10 2TDs against Rutgers. Rutgers defensive S&P rating is the same as Duke. We scored 12 points against Duke last year. Tate scored that by himself.

If Tate starts short throws/getting ball out quick and RPO/zonereads will be the foundation of our offense. Same thing u saw at OSU.

The titles of these posts always seem to be off by 2 practices. Today is #11, per the school:

https://hurricanesports.com/news/2019/3/12/miami-releases-2019-spring-football-schedule.aspx

Even if you exclude the scrimmage, this is #10, not #9, like the title suggests.

I think this calls for an entire thread dedicated solely for the purpose of numbering practices, delving into the reasons for numbers not matching, and determining the differentiation caused by scrimmages.

This is surious.

i've seen this before - these sneaky techniques to divide the fan base and create controversy. fans are going to be shocked when tate gets the job because guys like footballville and other posters on this board make it seem like he is stinking up the joint.
Lmao smh

No one is trying to "divide the fanbase", literally 95% of the posters on this board just want the best man whoever it is that gives us the best chance to win come 8/24.

The overwhelming majority of us have all said it doesn't matter who out of the 3 wins the competition, most of us just are excited at the fact that it's a real comp & all 3 guys are stepping up & doing their best.

The only people that are have hissy fits are yall Tate fanboys that immediately look to discredit anything that's said that doesn't paint him as the clear out front leader. Multiple people that have observed practice have all said the exact same thing about all 3, each of the QB's have had their good days & bad days, they've all made nice throws & bad throws.

Gaboowins who's watched every practice has said the same sh*t, Tate has good mobility but has struggled at times with accuracy throwing the ball to the outside, Perry has a good deep ball but isn't always on point going over the middle of the field & Jarren is the most accurate of the 3 delivering the ball with velocity & excels in the intermediate routes but his deep ball isn't as accurate.

You presume Tate is going to win it because you're rooting for him & him alone, none of us would be shocked if he won it because most of that are sensible have listened to what Diaz/Enos have said that this QB race is going into Summer/Fall.

Most of us will be happy with whoever wins the QB race, you & RevLee are the only ones that seems like yall will be throwing a tantrum if anybody but Tate is named the starter.

Advertisement
Ohio State had arguably the best offense in the nation last year, probably 2nd to Oklahoma. We had Richt running a pre-historic offense. The fact that you use this as a valid argument is dumbfounding. Rutgers is not a good team, period.

Tate doesn't have a large sample size of game footage to base anything off of. He's a talented QB, but so are Perry and Williams. You can only base reports off of what you see. We haven't seen Tate in many big time games to where we can conclude he'd be a completely different QB in an actual game-time environment. This isn't to say that Perry and Williams should be run-away favorites.

But no one's taking you seriously right now because you've literally said that you're biased for Tate to win the job. Meanwhile, most Canes fans want to see the best QB win the starting job.

You seem like the type that if Tate doesn't win the job, you'll criticize any little mistake that Perry or Williams makes going forward rather than cheering them on.

Doesn't matter what u think I seem like. I think Tate wins the job but at the end of the day I'm a fan of The U regardless.

Using Rutgers and Dukes defensive S&P rating is a perfectly valid argument. Same level defense, one QB went 10/10 2TD and the other two went 13/28 0TD combined.

Doesn't matter what u think I seem like. I think Tate wins the job but at the end of the day I'm a fan of The U regardless.

Using Rutgers and Dukes defensive S&P rating is a perfectly valid argument. Same level defense, one QB went 10/10 2TD and the other two went 13/28 0TD combined.

Again, did you even watch the Duke game? Did you think that environment was conducive for a QB to have a good game? If so, you're a complete moron. Do you think Tate would've turned Richt's offense around last year? If so, you're an ever bigger moron.

There's a difference between Urban Meyer's system and Mark Richt's system. The fact that you can't see that is plain sad.

Advertisement
And a successful one IMO. ....

:dbc:
neonu (1) (1).gif

Again, did you even watch the Duke game? Did you think that environment was conducive for a QB to have a good game? If so, you're a complete moron. Do you think Tate would've turned Richt's offense around last year? If so, you're an ever bigger moron.

There's a difference between Urban Meyer's system and Mark Richt's system. The fact that you can't see that is plain sad.

U know someone has lost a debate when they result to insults.

Do u know what a defensive S&P rating is?

Advertisement
U know someone has lost a debate when they result to insults.

Do u know what a defensive S&P rating is?

I certainly do know what S&P ratings. Do you know how asinine it is to bring up a small sample size against one of the worst teams in Division 1 football's 2nd string?

And those were only insults if you think that the Duke game was made for a QB to have a high QB rating and/or you really thought our offense was going to look immensely better if Tate was the QB last year, completely ignoring the Richt combo.

The more and more I see...The more I think you'll see 2 QBs see playing time....No way on earth Enos won't devise packages for Tate with his mobility and footwork...
Agreed, as I said Tate has elite traits that we desperately need and have for a long, long time. No matter who is the starter, he'll play a lot; especially since we finally have an OC that will utilize him.

Lmao smh

No one is trying to "divide the fanbase", literally 95% of the posters on this board just want the best man whoever it is that gives us the best chance to win come 8/24.

The overwhelming majority of us have all said it doesn't matter who out of the 3 wins the competition, most of us just are excited at the fact that it's a real comp & all 3 guys are stepping up & doing their best.

The only people that are have hissy fits are yall Tate fanboys that immediately look to discredit anything that's said that doesn't paint him as the clear out front leader. Multiple people that have observed practice have all said the exact same thing about all 3, each of the QB's have had their good days & bad days, they've all made nice throws & bad throws.

Gaboowins who's watched every practice has said the same sh*t, Tate has good mobility but has struggled at times with accuracy throwing the ball to the outside, Perry has a good deep ball but isn't always on point going over the middle of the field & Jarren is the most accurate of the 3 delivering the ball with velocity & excels in the intermediate routes but his deep ball isn't as accurate.

You presume Tate is going to win it because you're rooting for him & him alone, none of us would be shocked if he won it because most of that are sensible have listened to what Diaz/Enos have said that this QB race is going into Summer/Fall.

Most of us will be happy with whoever wins the QB race, you & RevLee are the only ones that seems like yall will be throwing a tantrum if anybody but Tate is named the starter.

These fanboys, El. I don't understand them. Quit trying a long time ago.

Advertisement
Back