Powerball

What group are you referring to that wouldn't fill a section... and what group is it that "fills" Joe Robbie that would as a result of building a stadium closer to campus "go fvck themselves?"
Grunt you are cool.........but lighten up......LOL

Advertisement
As opposed to the alumni spread over Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties who are currently donating back to the school?

Hard Rock is a great venue, definitely better than any stadium the university could afford to build.

Ok???? Your point being is what? The Orange Bowl was further south and never had an issue to filling up.

Anyone know this area? Looks like a ton of open land that isnt being used.

Advertisement
Dude... the JRS is not convenient for fans in Dade County... not the people who live in Coral Gables, Pinecrest, South Miami, Westchester, Kendall, Key Biscayne, Liberty City, Hialeah, Homestead, South Dade etc.
UM is a Miami university not a Broward or WPB school. No matter what anybody says it IS NOT the real home field of the University of Miami. Next time that FSU or UF wins a national championship... Steven Ross will hold a celebration for those schools, just like he did for the Gators some years ago. That my friend was the ultimate insult to a Cane.
Now if you are a Dolphin fan, then I guess you can feel real cozy there at JRS, and that may be the real reason people feel it's a great stadium.
The Orange Bowl used to fill up with fans, and it wasn't on the Dade/Broward line.
That team belongs to S Florida. Sorry.

I do agree with your statement about Ross, tho. The last dolphins game I attended was that Tebow suckathon game. I was a long time season ticket holder. Not No Mo.

Ok???? Your point being is what? The Orange Bowl was further south and never had an issue to filling up.
My point is that spending millions on a stadium just for the Miami Hurricanes to say they have an on campus stadium is a ridiculous waste and will never happen. There's a reason the stadium is in Miami Gardens in the first place. Do you think Joe Robbie played pin the tail on the map and then spent millions of his own money to put it there?

Advertisement
Dude... this site will require not one Powerball winner but 5 jackpot recipients. The problem with centralized Miami-Dade real estate is that you need the involvement of people with megabucks pockets that have dreams of making megabucks in order to invest/investors megabucks, with the ability to sweet talk the County or City officials to bullshiit the citizens about how the deal is going to be funded. We can wish in one hand and shiit in the other.

My point is that spending millions on a stadium just for the Miami Hurricanes to say they have an on campus stadium is a ridiculous waste and will never happen. There's a reason the stadium is in Miami Gardens in the first place. Do you think Joe Robbie played pin the tail on the map and then spent millions of his own money to put it there?

G5 Schools across the country have been spending Millions on new stadiums so they can be on campus but here at Miami, its not necessary.

I'd erect HUGE statues of Sebastian with his foot up the azzes of a Gator and Seminole at the most visible spots near Greentree

Dude... this site will require not one Powerball winner but 5 jackpot recipients. The problem with centralized Miami-Dade real estate is that you need the involvement of people with megabucks pockets that have dreams of making megabucks in order to invest/investors megabucks, with the ability to sweet talk the County or City officials to bullshiit the citizens about how the deal is going to be funded. We can wish in one hand and shiit in the other.

$100M should be able to do the trick

Advertisement

I do agree with your statement about Ross, tho. The last dolphins game I attended was that Tebow suckathon game. I was a long time season ticket holder. Not No Mo.
Brother that statement is very debatable... I understand that there are Canes fans spread out throughout S. Florida but reality is the campus is Miami/Coral Gables and it shouldn't be 21 miles north. This is why there is a segment of the fanbase that will always push for a closer and more importantly... a CANES stadium where we don't have to feel like redheaded stepchildren. Again if you feel cozy at JRS with the Fins I guess you can accept the Canes in JRS.

Advertisement

I do like the fact that you took a stand as a Canes fan and shot the proverbial birdie at the Fins operation for the blasphemous Tebow *** licking. God bless you!

G5 Schools across the country have been spending Millions on new stadiums so they can be on campus but here at Miami, its not necessary.
Exactly.

Those schools probably have at least twice the student populations as us and have their stadiums financed by the state. UM isn't even in the top 10 for student population in the state, but for some reason people think we should be catering to the 17,000 students before the tens of thousands of alumni.

We play in an NFL stadium, and a nice one at that. It's exponentially nicer than FAU's on campus stadium. Count your blessings.

Advertisement
Back