Powerball

Exactly.

Those schools probably have at least twice the student populations as us and have their stadiums financed by the state. UM isn't even in the top 10 for student population in the state, but for some reason people think we should be catering to the 17,000 students before the tens of thousands of alumni.

We play in an NFL stadium, and a nice one at that. It's exponentially nicer than FAU's on campus stadium. Count your blessings.

Not really, SDSU is putting up $250M in Private money for their new stadium. That was the only way it was going to pass the vote this past November.

Colorado State fund raised their new stadium(Even though a lot of the money came from the Marijuana Industry)

Baylor new stadium was also privately funded.

Advertisement
Not really, SDSU is putting up $250M in Private money for their new stadium. That was the only way it was going to pass the vote this past November.

Colorado State fund raised their new stadium(Even though a lot of the money came from the Marijuana Industry)

Baylor new stadium was also privately funded.
I'm done arguing about why this would be bad and why it will never happen. If you want to tilt at that windmill I won't stand in your way.

Exactly.

Those schools probably have at least twice the student populations as us and have their stadiums financed by the state. UM isn't even in the top 10 for student population in the state, but for some reason people think we should be catering to the 17,000 students before the tens of thousands of alumni.

We play in an NFL stadium, and a nice one at that. It's exponentially nicer than FAU's on campus stadium. Count your blessings.
Hard Rock is centrally located for fans in South Florida. It's easy to get in and out of the Stadium. We saw what Hard Rock could be in the VT and ND games of 2017. Put a quality product on the field and the fans will "show out."

Last edited:
Advertisement
Brother that statement is very debatable... I understand that there are Canes fans spread out throughout S. Florida but reality is the campus is Miami/Coral Gables and it shouldn't be 21 miles north. This is why there is a segment of the fanbase that will always push for a closer and more importantly... a CANES stadium where we don't have to feel like redheaded stepchildren. Again if you feel cozy at JRS with the Fins I guess you can accept the Canes in JRS.
I suppose it depends on whether u want the canes to be a nationally relevant program, or can accept it as a Go5 type one.

Hard Rock is centrally located for fans in South Florida. It's easy to get in and out of the Stadium. We saw what Hard Rock could be in the VT and ND games of 2017. Put a quality product o. The field and the fans will "show out."
Where do you live?

Advertisement
Paint the new G VI I buy Orange and Green with Ibis on nose and U on tail to fly to away games. Ah heck, I'll fly it from WPB to FLL for home games too. :)

I suppose it depends on whether u want the canes to be a nationally relevant program, or can accept it as a Go5 type one.
National relevance comes with wins, with consistency, with a top 10 year end ranking, with National Championships... no matter what stadium we play in.

Because that's the subject at hand... because it's relevant where you live.
I live I'm Broward County. Hard Rock is a great location for fans North of Broward, East, West and South. The fact that students and fans South of the stadium have to travel 30-40 minutes is just sour grapes. There would only be 10k-15k students attending games if there were an on-campus stadium which wouldn't even fill 1/2 of an on-campus stadium.

It's not a factor for the players because they stay in a hotel the night before the game as nearly all major college teams do regardless of playing at home or on the road.
Hard Rock is a beautiful stadium. My only complaint are the food and beverage prices. But, I can deal with it because ticket prices are much lower than other P5 schools.

Last edited:
I figured that you live in Broward. I live 3 miles northwest of campus. Big difference isn't it. I see perfectly well why you love that as a Canes fan we play at JRS. When the OB closed down it was a quick fix to play 21 miles north of campus... but to me it sucks. You say sour grapes cause you live in Broward... but if there was a closer stadium built to campus would you celebrate, no. The saddest day ever after having season tickets for 22 years was the OB closure.
I don't give a **** that JRS is an NFL stadium... the first Canes game I attended seemed like I was a mile away from the field, and there was no energy. We're college brother... a smaller cozy home field is preferable. Yes it may never happen but like I've learned in my old age never say never.
I guess we're just going to agree to disagree on this issue. But where I totally disagree with you is where you say the an on-campus stadium (or closer to campus) will only have 10K-15K students attending??? What the ****... what about Miami-Dade residents and what about our Broward Canes fans... or would you all bail???

Advertisement
That is some THICK **** Bruh. My eyes are bleeding from the strain.

Then you would go blind meeting the
6bbdab369584b7626c20b2bec8211f3d.jpg

38081728_2060350873989300_9013310074080198656_n.jpg

Go Canes

Last edited:
I'd ask Manolo what the program needs and get it for them. You need a jet, heli, recruiting club suite, or strippers to other teams hotels the night before games...done.

Advertisement
I live I'm Broward County. Hard Rock is a great location for fans North of Broward, East, West and South. The fact that students and fans South of the stadium have to travel 30-40 minutes is just sour grapes. There would only be 10k-15k students attending games if there were an on-campus stadium which wouldn't even fill 1/2 of an on-campus stadium.

It's not a factor for the players because they stay in a hotel the night before the game as nearly all major college teams do regardless of playing at home or on the road.
Hard Rock is a beautiful stadium. My only complaint are the food and beverage prices. But, I can deal with it because ticket prices are much lower than other P5 schools.

Once again, Students matter more to a College Athletic program than Residents.

Bruh you chicks are slimming up

Remember these are for recruits and their handlers so we need a hostestest with mostest squad that is versatile with broad appeal within in reason omitting the skinny minnie's.

Now don't sleep I have some heavy hitters on the bench for the linemen recruits

8220382c60a45ae72a61f574c04faec2.jpg
958dac8f634fd6176b75234c024bd1d8.jpg

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back