Powell

You know what I did when I went to college... I made sure the school had everything they needed myself... Granted I wasn't a stud athlete...

Advertisement
What do you think, should we give him a 3.8?

208.jpg

High Schools are responsible for printing out and sending out official transcripts to a university. Did you ever go to college? You dont print them out yourself. It has to be OFFICIAL so the school can verify that it's legit and not altered. But like I said. F*CK AL GOLDEN.

Let's assume this is the case, why would his high school failing to send his transcript to UM be a reason that he would flip from UM to U***?

Advertisement
You know what I did when I went to college... I made sure the school had everything they needed myself... Granted I wasn't a stud athlete...

That is what is supposed to happen in the real world. Kid, family, or school submits the request to the HS office, and they generate the offical transcript, usually embossed with a seal, that is then sent sealed to the University, and serves as the OFFICIAL transcript by which admissions confirms your GPA and then admits you. Problem is So Fla school system is utter garbage and full of incompetents and have archane techology. They also just got back from Christmas break, so with an early graduation like this, these things can easily become delayed because of a HS office not moving fast enough... But of course, this is all Golden's fault, so who cares how the system works.

Golden and his staff are a train wreck. F them

they continue to recruit borderline academic kids then scramble for the 2 starts to close

Powell is NOT a borderline academic kid. He has a good enough GPA. But UM Admissions has caused problems in the past with bullsh*t about some core credit, or a transcript being delayed, and there is always the NCAA clearing house that has screwed us before too. We have no idea what's going on, but I mean, why let that get in the way of another 20 page thread blaming Golden for everything. That should be highly informative and stimulating.

You're going to tell me a kid with a reported 3.8 GPA, who has been committed since August, and plans to EE isn't going to have his ducks in a line and misses out due to a core credit? GTFO.

I hate to break it to you, but the majority of recruits we've lost to admissions have been lost to institutions like Marshall. These are the type of kids that couldn't even qualify for FSU.

Read between the lines, dopey. The kid is interested in UF. While not Harvard, losing a kid to UF nine out of ten times isn't an admissions issue, but more along the lines of a flip in interest. If true, a colossal FAILURE by Golden. I'm still holding out hope this is simply a bump in the road, but if he does flip, I'll wait for you to claim it was a Spanish class problem or that he was trolling us all along, wanted to leave SoFLA, and Golden couldn't have done any more. Sound good?

Advertisement

High Schools are responsible for printing out and sending out official transcripts to a university. Did you ever go to college? You dont print them out yourself. It has to be OFFICIAL so the school can verify that it's legit and not altered. But like I said. F*CK AL GOLDEN.

Let's assume this is the case, why would his high school failing to send his transcript to UM be a reason that he would flip from UM to U***?

How the F*CK should I know? Did he say he was definitely flipping anywhere? Maybe he's ****ed at UM admissions, or maybe he's just ****ed in general. Maybe he feels that if he cant get into UM for Spring, than UF has a later deadline he will go there so he can start school now and not have to sit around all spring with his thumb up his @ss. Maybe UF promised him a starting spot when Cook bolted. Maybe this is all bullsh*t. NONE OF US HAVE ANY F*CKING CLUE what is going on. Other than the report by Rivals that his transcripts are delayed. Which would OBVIUOSLY explain why he hasnt enrolled yet, and might be getting nervous/irritated with the process.

That is what is supposed to happen in the real world. Kid, family, or school submits the request to the HS office, and they generate the offical transcript, usually embossed with a seal, that is then sent sealed to the University, and serves as the OFFICIAL transcript by which admissions confirms your GPA and then admits you. Problem is So Fla school system is utter garbage and full of incompetents and have archane techology. They also just got back from Christmas break, so with an early graduation like this, these things can easily become delayed because of a HS office not moving fast enough... But of course, this is all Golden's fault, so who cares how the system works.

Weird that you would have such a detailed understanding of how South Florida high schools operate. I guess you should send Golden a memo because obviously he doesn't.

So during this long *** dead period when his transcripts weren't sitting at admissions why didn't we get off of our fat asses and make sure we had them?

Oh, and when I applied to UM, I hand delivered my sealed transcripts to admissions. My high school didn't send anything out.

Advertisement
Powell, who is arriving early, says if Golden had left that he would not have reported to Miami this week.

"I had another school I would have gone to," Powell said, declining to name the school. "I didn't want to go to college under a new coach, having a coach that might change my position, not even want me maybe. I wanted to play for coach Golden."

this school is UF

Advertisement
I will say if UM doesn't have his transcripts how can UF get them any sooner? What is their start date? Transcripts could be the excuse but maybe Goldens flirtation with PSU is the issue.

what is going on with this kid then? he is someone i want here bad. Golden said, "him and yearby would finally give us the proper depth at rb."

Stop with the admissions. Kid is in the top 15%-20% at Deerfield, from what a coach has told me, and has good test scores as well. He could possibly get into UM w/o a football scholarship

Advertisement
Back