Pouncey was going to announce today (but he was "hacked")

Advertisement
I like Pouncey more than Harley, not too many 6'3 guys that run like that. Give me Smith, Thomas, Njoku and Pouncey
Agree.

And no way he's waiting around to get an offer from UM depending on what Smith does. Pouncey either has an offer right now or he doesn't.

So a guy can get an offer to Notre Dame, but we are saying he doesn't have one here. Really? Unbelievable.
I don't subscribe to the "if he's good enough for 4-8 dumpster fire ND then he's good enough for UM" model.

I'm saying he either has a UM offer right now, or he doesn't. There's no "sit tight till signing day and we'll give you a spot if Smith goes elsewhere" bullshyt going on.

you do realize NDs clas is rated higher than ours currently right?...in interest of full disclosure.

Do you realize I don't give a fck? I think we need to strive to be a better program than sorry *** ND.

Advertisement
When does Texas get florida kids?

The last one that I can remember is 4* wr John Burt around 3 or 4 years ago...

Didn't Strong grab like 5 high rated kids out of FL 2 years ago? Granted most struggled to get into the school and stay, but he got them there.

the one of note was Davante Davis - really wanted that kid. Clarington and Irvin fizzled out and left Austin.

didnt irvin sign with auburn?

From Day 1, Richt has said one of his top priorities was getting top end speed at WR. Looking at who we have, we can see why. Obviously Richards can take it to the house on any play, the rest haven't shown that ability, or else we would have played Berrios in the slot a lot more where he belongs.

The plan has to be that Thomas, Pouncey, Harley and Njoku are your core targets with Smith being a major bonus. You take all 5 in that scenario and sort out the rest later.

Richards
Berrios
Harris
Cager
Mullins
Langham

Agree.

And no way he's waiting around to get an offer from UM depending on what Smith does. Pouncey either has an offer right now or he doesn't.

So a guy can get an offer to Notre Dame, but we are saying he doesn't have one here. Really? Unbelievable.
I don't subscribe to the "if he's good enough for 4-8 dumpster fire ND then he's good enough for UM" model.

I'm saying he either has a UM offer right now, or he doesn't. There's no "sit tight till signing day and we'll give you a spot if Smith goes elsewhere" bullshyt going on.

you do realize NDs clas is rated higher than ours currently right?...in interest of full disclosure.

Do you realize I don't give a fck? I think we need to strive to be a better program than sorry *** ND.

I'll settle for beating that sorry assed ND on field next year. Which is something we couldn't do this year against that abortion ridden 4-8 squad.

Advertisement
From Day 1, Richt has said one of his top priorities was getting top end speed at WR. Looking at who we have, we can see why. Obviously Richards can take it to the house on any play, the rest haven't shown that ability, or else we would have played Berrios in the slot a lot more where he belongs.

The plan has to be that Thomas, Pouncey, Harley and Njoku are your core targets with Smith being a major bonus. You take all 5 in that scenario and sort out the rest later.

Richards
Berrios
Harris
Cager
Mullins
Langham

Not playing Berrios in the slot was mostly a by product of keeping David Njoku on the field, while still having Herndon on the line of scrimmage to help block. If our OLine could actually stop a pass rush without assistance, we would have seen Njoku lining up on the line of scrimmage, and Berrios in the slot

When does Texas get florida kids?

The last one that I can remember is 4* wr John Burt around 3 or 4 years ago...

Didn't Strong grab like 5 high rated kids out of FL 2 years ago? Granted most struggled to get into the school and stay, but he got them there.

the one of note was Davante Davis - really wanted that kid. Clarington and Irvin fizzled out and left Austin.

didnt irvin sign with auburn?

you're right, he did. He committed to Texas but signed with Auburb. Just looked up and now he's at ECU. SMH.

Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 4.52.10 PM.jpg

texas guys seem to think he's coming

Advertisement
This makes me think we are getting Smith, Thomas and Harley. Just like Brooklyndee said, Pouncey was the backup for these guys.

Have to give the staff credit, they recruited him hard and he was just a backup plan.

Last edited:
Advertisement
247 is reporting what Brooklyndee has been saying. They are saying pouncey isnt a take right now because the staff likes where they are at with thomas,smith, and harley.
And they said texas is telling pouncey he is their top target at wr.

Last edited:

Richards
Berrios
Harris
Cager
Mullins
Langham

POUNCEY RUNS A 4.7 that is not the speed richt is talking about

Richards
Berrios
Harris
Cager
Mullins
Langham

But he is a take, or so it would seem. Thoughts?

Richards
Berrios
Harris
Cager
Mullins
Langham

this is what he ran at the nike orlando combine? if so, definitely underwhelming.

Advertisement
Back