Pouncey was going to announce today (but he was "hacked")

Advertisement
From Day 1, Richt has said one of his top priorities was getting top end speed at WR. Looking at who we have, we can see why. Obviously Richards can take it to the house on any play, the rest haven't shown that ability, or else we would have played Berrios in the slot a lot more where he belongs.

The plan has to be that Thomas, Pouncey, Harley and Njoku are your core targets with Smith being a major bonus. You take all 5 in that scenario and sort out the rest later.

Richards
Berrios
Harris
Cager
Mullins
Langham

POUNCEY RUNS A 4.7 that is not the speed richt is talking about

this is what he ran at the nike orlando combine? if so, definitely underwhelming.

He's a mid 4.6 guy at 6'2"-6'3" Football Recruiting - Jordan Pouncey - Player Profiles - ESPN

Richt didn't say 4.5 or lower or you can't play here either.

Last edited:
Pouncey CBs point to texas... Smith, Thomas, Harley, Njoku to the U. Solid haul for Richt and Co.

Pouncey CBs point to texas... Smith, Thomas, Harley, Njoku to the U. Solid haul for Richt and Co.

Solid? Amazing haul if that happens. Smith and Thomas are both top 10 at their position and Harley is **** good as well. Nujoku will probably be the best of them in terms of NFL potential.

Advertisement
Pouncey sliding to Texas. Like his talent a lot but if we close with Thomas, smith, Harley, njoku... it is what it is lol

Pouncey is a baller, period. Rewatch his highlights. He's explosive in the short area. He's got great anticipation and hands. He's hard to get a handle on with the ball in his hands.

I would take him along with the other Wrs. We should make room for him.

Pouncey is a baller, period. Rewatch his highlights. He's explosive in the short area. He's got great anticipation and hands. He's hard to get a handle on with the ball in his hands.

I would take him along with the other Wrs. We should make room for him.

Agreed, I think we would definitely take him if he wants in, regardless if we get Smith, Harley and Thomas. I think the Texas is just selling him on the #1 WR spot.

Solid? Amazing haul if that happens. Smith and Thomas are both top 10 at their position and Harley is **** good as well. Nujoku will probably be the best of them in terms of NFL potential.

Yeah, I know I was underselling it. I would be pumped and would still like to have Pouncey on the list.

Advertisement
From Day 1, Richt has said one of his top priorities was getting top end speed at WR. Looking at who we have, we can see why. Obviously Richards can take it to the house on any play, the rest haven't shown that ability, or else we would have played Berrios in the slot a lot more where he belongs.

The plan has to be that Thomas, Pouncey, Harley and Njoku are your core targets with Smith being a major bonus. You take all 5 in that scenario and sort out the rest later.

Richards
Berrios
Harris
Cager
Mullins
Langham

POUNCEY RUNS A 4.7 that is not the speed richt is talking about

this is what he ran at the nike orlando combine? if so, definitely underwhelming.

He's a mid 4.6 guy at 6'2"-6'3" Football Recruiting - Jordan Pouncey - Player Profiles - ESPN

Richt didn't say 4.5 or lower or you can't play here either.

You're right he didn't say that & in that case I'll take back the kid from Carol city & from the ridge. Pouncey is not a take here & he realistically shouldn't be considering what we have on board now & what we will for next year

If we don't get Smith, then passing on Pouncey was a mistake. I like Pouncey. Big fluid athletic guy.

If we don't get Smith, then passing on Pouncey was a mistake. I like Pouncey. Big fluid athletic guy.
Agree 100%... Pouncey was committed to Notre Dame is being recruited coming down the stretch by Miami, Texas & Tenn, he's not some scrub that no other major program wants...

If it comes down to a battle between Pouncey or Harley, I'd take Pouncey. IMO, Harley would fit much better in a Spread Option offense like TTech or Oregon... I think the system he plays in will have the most impact on his success at the college level, with Pouncey I think he can play wherever you put him.

Plus, the fact we're getting Thomas makes Harley less of a need than before, because he does everything MH does except 10x better.

But, I'm not complaining if we take him though.

Advertisement
Agree 100%... Pouncey was committed to Notre Dame is being recruited coming down the stretch by Miami, Texas & Tenn, he's not some scrub that no other major program wants...

If it comes down to a battle between Pouncey or Harley, I'd take Pouncey. IMO, Harley would fit much better in a Spread Option offense like TTech or Oregon... I think the system he plays in will have the most impact on his success at the college level, with Pouncey I think he can play wherever you put him.

Plus, the fact we're getting Thomas makes Harley less of a need than before, because he does everything MH does except 10x better.

I don't know where Pouncey is getting the rap as a slow guy who is a reach. This dude can play, and he's not slow. Dingle is slow. Pouncey's got a good vertical too, so you know he's got some explosiveness.

Bottom line: If we don't get Smith then we blew it if we passed on Pouncey. I don't care about next year because I don't recruit that way.

I don't know where Pouncey is getting the rap as a slow guy who is a reach. This dude can play, and he's not slow. Dingle is slow. Pouncey's got a good vertical too, so you know he's got some explosiveness.

Bottom line: If we don't get Smith then we blew it if we passed on Pouncey. I don't care about next year because I don't recruit that way.

TOS "insider poster" who has good information on a lot of things:

Dugans met with Pouncey a few days before his texas visit specifically to tell him it would be wise not to take visits since he had already committed.. He said he wanted to, and they told him his spot was no longer saved and that they would let him know just before signing day if spots were open.. Love it, when you arent elite you dont get to call the shots..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back