Potential Winston bombshell

Advertisement
I'm sorry... how is selling autographed merchandise for money not an NCAA issue?

The authenticator- James Spence (JSA) has even authenticated Duke Johnson memorabilia:
a200244-Duke-Johnson-Signed-Miami-11x14-Photo-JSA-COA.html

https://pristineauction.com/a200244-Duke-Johnson-Signed-Miami-11x14-Photo-JSA-COA.html

There have been free autograph sessions for the fans at the beginning of the year. This guy got his hands on a piece and is selling it.

NYT article is good. The advantages of being in a college town are plentiful...but we knew that already.

Hope this continues to mushroom.

Yes, really good reporting, and it shows a pattern of behavior as opposed to an isolated incident. Love the part where the cop meets the guy who reported his scooter stolen and tries to convince him he's mentally ill and forgot he lent it to the player.

I'm sorry... how is selling autographed merchandise for money not an NCAA issue?

The authenticator- James Spence (JSA) has even authenticated Duke Johnson memorabilia:
a200244-Duke-Johnson-Signed-Miami-11x14-Photo-JSA-COA.html

https://pristineauction.com/a200244-Duke-Johnson-Signed-Miami-11x14-Photo-JSA-COA.html

you saying duke took money from spence

No you dumb SOB....

So is there a big block of consecutive authentication numbers for items signed by Duke? Because that's what the article proved regarding the famous rapist.

Advertisement
Years down the road they might get stripped of that title......but to me those stripped titles r bullshyt n e way. They won

I don't know. This one is a little different because the actual story came up during the run-up to the title last year and his Hesiman run. FSU's decision to let him keep playing was addressed and a big story at the time. The public knew plenty of details then and were told it was resolved....NOW we will go back and get a clear peek at what went on behind the scenes PLUS extra stuff? It's too easy for the general public to get a clear and detailed picture of the corruption and cheating....not the typical traditional situation that gets hidden.

Advertisement
That's right. They don't do anything.

Not sure why you're being an *** about this, but the NCAA has certain responsibilities, and nothing happening at FSU right now has anything to do with those responsibilities. It's out of their jurisdiction.

Not so sure.

Iirc ncaa does overlap it's compliance responsibilities with the Feds in matters related to title IX. Iirc a member institution can be sanctioned by the NCAA for failure to comply in some title ix related matters. Not sure of the exact overlap and consequences.

If so the NCAA in sharing compliance responsibilities may work with the institution in gathering related information.

I'd like to know who paid for the lawyers to whom the athletic department referred the student athletes, prior to police contact.

I don't think anything comes of this. About the only consequences will be for Winston. His character issues have already cost him any shot at repeating for the Heisman and they will very likely drop him out of the top of the first round of the NFL draft. ESPN had a former NFL personnel guy on talking about his issues and he said there is no doubt about his football character, that he loves the game and will perform on the field but that his immaturity and off the field issues will be a major concern for NFL teams.

If the issue touches athletics and Title IX, the NCAA is involved.

Uh, no. Title IX is federal legislation concerning gender equity in education. Just because you've only heard about it through sports does not mean it's a sports law. The NCAA is not a government organization.

Advertisement
Back