Potential Two Deep lets discuss

I am hoping we get a grad transfer at RT, so we can have Scaife and Campbell/Clark at Guard. That's our best shot at a decent OL this year.
Even if we got a grad transfer tackle that can play right away I’m STILL not moving scaife from tackle.... I would Either move scaife to left and have the grad transfer at the other tackle position. Grad transfer ot or not, scaife is by far our best option at tackle while we have more suitable options at guard to play

Advertisement
Harris and Burns weren't exactly tearing it up last year. How much of that was OL ?

Advertisement
Scaife should be moved to LT regardless of whether or not we add a grad transfer OT. If I was the OL coach, or a coach for any position unit on offense, I'd have the players compete at one position and learn it well, keeping everyone on the roster competing and engaged. Assuming we do not land a grand transfer OL:

LT Scaife vs Zion

LG Campbell vs Donaldson

C Gaynor vs Traore

RG Clark vs Reed

RT Rivers vs Herbert

But you think carter is a good striker? Lmao he will have more responsibility in coverage at striker than he does at safety. Carter will get abused lined up in the slot.
Because it's impossible to ask our striker to do something different than last year? Basically it's like this - would you prefer Amari Carter take the place of a Safety when he's in, or a LB? Call him a Striker, 3rd Safety, LB, whatever.... Point is I don't want him in over Hall/Bolden. But our LBs are pretty questionable. And half the time Carter is in, the best thing he does is blitz anyways.

Carter could be the striker and then shift inside to WLB on passing downs to allow Couch to enter as nickel.

Advertisement
Because it's impossible to ask our striker to do something different than last year? Basically it's like this - would you prefer Amari Carter take the place of a Safety when he's in, or a LB? Call him a Striker, 3rd Safety, LB, whatever.... Point is I don't want him in over Hall/Bolden. But our LBs are pretty questionable. And half the time Carter is in, the best thing he does is blitz anyways.
Let him just be a backup and use him in certain packages

1st team O

QB: D’eriq King
HB: Cam Harris
WR: dee Wiggins
WR: Jeremiah Payton
Slot WR: Mike Harley
TE: Brevin Jordan
LT: grad transfer
LG: Navaughn Donaldson
C: Corey gaynor
RG: jachai Clark
RT: delone scaife

1st team defense

DE: Greg Rousseau
DT: Jon Ford
DT: Nesta Silvera
DE: Quincey Roche
MLB: Zack mccloud
WLB: Sam Brooks
CB: al blades
CB: dj ivey
S:Bubba bolden
S:gurvan hall
Striker: Amari carter

PR: Xavier restrepo
KR: Mark Pope, Xavier restrepo

I think this is a very solid starting lineup especially if we can land a good grad transfer LT. If the WR perform and the CB can stay healthy this team can be special. The thing no one is talking about is that I think jeramiah Payton could possibly be the best WR we’ve had here in a while and I hope he starts from game one.

Let him just be a backup and use him in certain packages
Let him just be a backup is a good plan. The problem is this is the staff that chooses to start Robert Knowles for god knows what idiotic reason...So I don't think Carter being on the bench a lot is much of an option tbh.

Advertisement
1st team O

QB: D’eriq King
HB: Cam Harris
WR: dee Wiggins
WR: Jeremiah Payton
Slot WR: Mike Harley
TE: Brevin Jordan
LT: grad transfer
LG: Navaughn Donaldson
C: Corey gaynor
RG: jachai Clark
RT: delone scaife

1st team defense

DE: Greg Rousseau
DT: Jon Ford
DT: Nesta Silvera
DE: Quincey Roche
MLB: Zack mccloud
WLB: Sam Brooks
CB: al blades
CB: dj ivey
S:Bubba bolden
S:gurvan hall
Striker: Amari carter

PR: Xavier restrepo
KR: Mark Pope, Xavier restrepo

I think this is a very solid starting lineup especially if we can land a good grad transfer LT. If the WR perform and the CB can stay healthy this team can be special. The thing no one is talking about is that I think jeramiah Payton could possibly be the best WR we’ve had here in a while and I hope he starts from game one.

Donaldson won’t start. Dude is injured and overweight. He doesn’t fit this offense. Why do people keep penciling him in as a starter? The guards will be Clark and Campbell.

I’d like to see someone step up to LT and Zion to RT. Zion moves to LT maybe as a junior or senior.

move Scaife inside to RG

Something tells me Harley, Wiggins and Pope are going to feast with Jordan and Mallory making plays over the middle. Together with King and Harris it's a very experienced starting group.

Advertisement
Potentially good 2 deep most positions. Question is will our coaches get them to play up to that potential. Hope they do but too many promises never delivered last few regimes for me to believe before seeing

Donaldson won’t start. Dude is injured and overweight. He doesn’t fit this offense. Why do people keep penciling him in as a starter? The guards will be Clark and Campbell.
Coaches tend to value experience over skill on the Offensive line.

This kid is a freak of nature, WOW.... he looks so fast and powerful on the field and in rushing the passer. I said It before but it’s not a lock for me that Roche starts this year over Phillips especially when you consider the size difference too. I mean All of the top 3 will play a lot but we are dealing with a different breed of athlete we haven’t seen often on the dline in a long time. Phillips looks as gifted as any player I’ve seen honestly

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back