Potential Two Deep lets discuss

QB: D'Eriq King - N'Kosi Perry/ Tate Martell - Van Dyke - Matocha ... I'd be surprised if one of Perry/Martell don't transfer out along with Jarren.
RB: Don Chaney/Cam'ron Harris/Jaylan Knighton - Burns ... Harris was just average last year, I can easily see Chaney or Knighton beating him out.
WR: Jeremiah Payton - Michael Redding - Dazalin Worsham ... I think Payton is going to be our best WR this year.
WR: Dee Wiggins - Mark Pope - Keyshawn Smith ... Time for Wiggins or Pope to step the **** up. Otherwise Redding/Smith could take their spot.
Slot: Mike Harley - Mark Pope - Xavier Restrepo - Marshall Few ... Harley just got force fed the ball last yr. Restrepo will be starting slot by next yr.
TE: Brevin Jordan - Will Mallory - Michael Irvin Jr. - Larry Hodges - Mammarelli ... Looking forward to Mallory taking a leap forward this yr.

LT: Zion Nelson/Grad Transfer - Adam ElGammal - Chris Washington ... We could really use a GT OT. But we gotta coach up our young guys.
LG: Navaughn Donaldson - Ousman Traore ... Donaldsons gotta shed some lbs, or he could lose his job.
C: Corey Gaynor - Jakai Clark ... Gaynor and Scaife are really the only definite starters on this OLine. Everything else is up for grabs.
RG: John Campbell - Jakai Clark ... If we get someone else to play RT, DJ Scaife would be our RG/LG and the other OG can be decided after that.
RT: DJ Scaife - Jalen Rivers ... Scaife is our best OLineman for sure. Rivers has a lot of potential, hopefully he'll succeed as a RT for us.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DE: Quincy Roche - Jahfari Harvey - Cameron Williams - Quentin Williams ... We're just stacked at DE.
DT: Nesta Silvera - Jalar Holley - Jason Blissett - Elijah Roberts ... Nesta better stay healthy, cause I think he's gunna dominate this year.
DT: Jon Ford - Jordan Miller - Jared Harrison-Hunte ... Top 3 DTs look good with Nesta, Ford, and Miller. But the younger guys gotta step up for depth.
DE: Gregory Rousseau - Jaelan Phillips - Chantz Williams ... Best position group on the team.

LB: Zach McCloud - Waynmon Steed - Bradley Jennings - Flagg ...
LB: Sam Brooks - Avery Huff - Patrick Joyner - Austin-Cave ...
Striker: Amari Carter/Gilbert Frierson - Jalen Harrell/Keshawn Washington ... I'll never understand why some people think Carter is a good safety.

CB: Al Blades - Christian Williams - Te'Cory Couch - Marcus Clarke ... Not much depth at CB. Blades and Ivey are sure starters.
CB: DJ Ivey - Christian Williams - Isaiah Dunson ... Definitely need Williams to step up this season.
Nickel: Al Blades - Te'Cory Couch - Bolden/Hall ... So in Nickel, Christian Williams comes in. Hopefully Couch can gain some weight.
S: Bubba Bolden - Keontra Smith - Brian Balom ... Again, hopefully Carter switches to Striker. Bolden and Hall are the starters at S.
S: Gurvan Hall - Avantae Williams ... Avantae was a huge get, and I expect him to compete with Keontra for the #3 Safety spot.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
K: Jose Borregales - Price ... I swear to God, Borregales better be the real deal.
P: Louis Hedley ... Please don't regress...
KR: Jaylan Knighton ... Hopefully one of the RBs steps up here.
PR: Xavier Restrepo - Jaylan Knighton - Mike Harley ... Restrepo just seems like the kinda player this staff is going to trust a lot to not fumble the PRs.

Bold Black is starter, Blue is a lot of PT so they're basically a starter, Red is most likely Redshirt.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This Carter to striker thing has me at a loss. Have you all seen what we ask the Striker to do? Does that seem like a good place for a guy who has shown struggle in space or man coverage?
The Truth is he just isn't very good. He's going to get PT ultimately. What would you rather that be, in replace of Hall/Bolden or in place of a LB which is what the Striker essentially is? Now maybe we ask him to do different things if he's on the field as Striker than if Frierson is on the field. That is possible. Point is I don't want him at Safety.

Personally I'd never have him play over Hall/Bolden. LBs on the otherhand are probably our weakest position group aside from maybe CB, but that might even be better...

Last edited:
The Truth is he just isn't very good. He's going to get PT ultimately. What would you rather that be, in replace of Hall/Bolden or in place of a LB which is what the Striker essentially is? Now maybe we ask him to do different things if he's on the field as Striker than if Frierson is on the field. That is possible. Point is I don't want him at Safety.

Personally I'd never have him play over Hall/Bolden. LBs on the otherhand are probably our weakest position group aside from maybe CB, but that might even be better...
Carter should move to LB or stay at S, UMs striker position does more man to man coverage than the S.

He'll play most likely on ST's, but it's doubtful he sees the field much getting more than 3rd team reps.

Our staff particularly on Defense wants vets playing on the backend, especially at Safety & with Hall, Bolden, K Smith & possibly Carter (if they don't move him to Striker), they're probably not going to play him much.

You know how Banda is with his Safeties, if it were up to him Knowles would have a 6th year & be playing lol.

we need our team to put up points especially againstteams like cmu fiu so that 3 stringers can get good burn!

Advertisement
I don’t think CB is as big an issue as y’all think.. as long as 4 of 4 can stay healthy of Blades, Ivey, Couch, Williams then we are good. Our 4th and 5th DB’s on the field last year were Safeties. Our Safeties will be even better this year and will help mask that CB depth..

How often do player stay 100% healthy through a year? You guys live in a fairytale land if you think only have 4CB on the roster with experience is OK. It’s inexcusable. We need a grad transfer at Cb.

QB: D'Eriq King - N'Kosi Perry/ Tate Martell - Van Dyke - Matocha ... I'd be surprised if one of Perry/Martell don't transfer out along with Jarren.
RB: Don Chaney/Cam'ron Harris/Jaylan Knighton - Burns ... Harris was just average last year, I can easily see Chaney or Knighton beating him out.
WR: Jeremiah Payton - Michael Redding - Dazalin Worsham ... I think Payton is going to be our best WR this year.
WR: Dee Wiggins - Mark Pope - Keyshawn Smith ... Time for Wiggins or Pope to step the **** up. Otherwise Redding/Smith could take their spot.
Slot: Mike Harley - Mark Pope - Xavier Restrepo - Marshall Few ... Harley just got force fed the ball last yr. Restrepo will be starting slot by next yr.
TE: Brevin Jordan - Will Mallory - Michael Irvin Jr. - Larry Hodges - Mammarelli ... Looking forward to Mallory taking a leap forward this yr.

LT: Zion Nelson/Grad Transfer - Adam ElGammal - Chris Washington ... We could really use a GT OT. But we gotta coach up our young guys.
LG: Navaughn Donaldson - Ousman Traore ... Donaldsons gotta shed some lbs, or he could lose his job.
C: Corey Gaynor - Jakai Clark ... Gaynor and Scaife are really the only definite starters on this OLine. Everything else is up for grabs.
RG: John Campbell - Jakai Clark ... If we get someone else to play RT, DJ Scaife would be our RG/LG and the other OG can be decided after that.
RT: DJ Scaife - Jalen Rivers ... Scaife is our best OLineman for sure. Rivers has a lot of potential, hopefully he'll succeed as a RT for us.
DE: Quincy Roche - Jahfari Harvey - Cameron Williams - Quentin Williams ... We're just stacked at DE.
DT: Nesta Silvera - Jalar Holley - Jason Blissett - Elijah Roberts ... Nesta better stay healthy, cause I think he's gunna dominate this year.
DT: Jon Ford - Jordan Miller - Jared Harrison-Hunte ... Top 3 DTs look good with Nesta, Ford, and Miller. But the younger guys gotta step up for depth.
DE: Gregory Rousseau - Jaelan Phillips - Chantz Williams ... Best position group on the team.

Striker: Amari Carter/Gilbert Frierson - Jalen Harrell/Keshawn Washington ... I'll never understand why some people think Carter is a good safety.

CB: Al Blades - Christian Williams - Te'Cory Couch - Marcus Clarke ... Not much depth at CB. Blades and Ivey are sure starters.
CB: DJ Ivey - Christian Williams - Isaiah Dunson ... Definitely need Williams to step up this season.
Nickel: Al Blades - Te'Cory Couch - Bolden/Hall ... So in Nickel, Christian Williams comes in. Hopefully Couch can gain some weight.
S: Bubba Bolden - Keontra Smith - Brian Balom ... Again, hopefully Carter switches to Striker. Bolden and Hall are the starters at S.
S: Gurvan Hall - Avantae Williams ... Avantae was a huge get, and I expect him to compete with Keontra for the #3 Safety spot.
K: Jose Borregales - Price ... I swear to God, Borregales better be the real deal.
PR: Xavier Restrepo - Jaylan Knighton - Mike Harley ... Restrepo just seems like the kinda player this staff is going to trust a lot to not fumble the PRs.

Bold Black is starter, Blue is a lot of PT so they're basically a starter, Red is most likely Redshirt.
But you think carter is a good striker? Lmao he will have more responsibility in coverage at striker than he does at safety. Carter will get abused lined up in the slot.

Advertisement
Last year the striker was 1 on 1 with the slot way more than the year before. Idk if that’s baker or just how the position is going to go now. But if it is, i don’t think carter can play it. Leaving Amari by himself against a slot reciever is a recipe for disaster.

Slot fades ate us alive. I hope we start running that more often. It is a mismatch nightmare for defenses.

Last edited:
How often do player stay 100% healthy through a year? You guys live in a fairytale land if you think only have 4CB on the roster with experience is OK. It’s inexcusable. We need a grad transfer at Cb.
No team has 5+ corners with experience. And no grad transfer is coming here with the possibility of being the 4th or 5th corner and barely see the field

Donaldson won’t be a starter this year. He is coming off a knee injury and 60lbs overweight. He needs to redshirt. He can’t keep up with the pace of this offense. The guards will be Clark and Campbell.

Advertisement

You're missing players Jalen Harrell and Keshawn Washington are either Strikers and/or Safeties

Advertisement
Donaldson won’t be a starter this year. He is coming off a knee injury and 60lbs overweight. He needs to redshirt. He can’t keep up with the pace of this offense. The guards will be Clark and Campbell.
I am hoping we get a grad transfer at RT, so we can have Scaife and Campbell/Clark at Guard. That's our best shot at a decent OL this year.

What do we know about Zion's weight gain and strength? Was last year's disaster more about lack of size/strength or more about inexperience and lack-of-technique? I thought more the latter but gaining all that weight so quickly had to make starting in August a real challenge. Would be awesome if he developed into an ACC starting tackle. But **** he was so bad last year, just hard to see it changing that much in one off-season. In 2-3 years, sure. He is an athlete with quick feet.
imo, it was remembering snap counts and assignments. when he actually got off the ball there were very few one on one battles he lost. with lashlees system of getting the ball out in 2 seconds, i cant imagine there is an array of snap counts for him to remember, and with the spread good luck disguising blitz's and loading the box... ZION TAKES A HUUUUGE JUMP THIS YEAR ON SCHEME ALONE

Advertisement
Back