Potential Starting UF O Tackle out for the season

427.gif

Advertisement

Against FSU -20 yards rushing 147 yards passing 1 td 0 int's.
Texas am 8 yards rushing 162 yards passing 0 td's 0 int's.
Lsu 1 yard rushing 61 yards passing 0/0
Georgia -4 yards rushing 15/27 191 yards passing 0 td's 2 int's
Louisville 4 yards rushing 16/29 175 yards passing 1 td 2 int's..

Christ! I knew he was awful, but this? One thing, even dumb old Muschump was smart enough not to let him do a Jacory and throw the game away with INTs in the 1st QTR of those games.

On a more somber note, He may be awful, but still better than the QBs from UVA and UNC who PWN us. :(

Christ! I knew he was awful, but this? One thing, even dumb old Muschump was smart enough not to let him do a Jacory and throw the game away with INTs in the 1st QTR of those games.

On a more somber note, He may be awful, but still better than the QBs from UVA and UNC who PWN us. :(

he's pretty bad. which is why it always cracks me up when people say 'uf doesn't throw the ball why would a receiver go there!?' muschamp would have been a fool to let driskel put the ball in the air too often, it would have guaranteed about 3 more losses. every ounce of ability was coached out of that team last year, they overachieved.

he's pretty bad. which is why it always cracks me up when people say 'uf doesn't throw the ball why would a receiver go there!?' muschamp would have been a fool to let driskel put the ball in the air too often, it would have guaranteed about 3 more losses. every ounce of ability was coached out of that team last year, they overachieved.

Which is why I find it baffling that all gator fans use last season as something to hang their hats on and point to it as a point of reference as to why they shouldn't even worry about Miami

Advertisement
Wouldn't it be perfect for Toledo to upset U*** then we curb stump them the following week

No. Like someone mentioned we need to beat them first before the nation finds out they are frauds later in the season. ALOT of teams get springboard wins off teams early in the season that dont seem as impressive later in the year. We arent in top 25. A win against a top 10 team gives us that springboard we need.

Beat a team a week after Toledo does, and we havent really done anything in many people's eyes

I'd rather not...prefer all the homer gator fans not to see it coming when we curb stomp them so they all have this hurt look of disbelief as any meaningful season this year would be over for them, then they can go on and lose every game afterwards.

Wouldn't it be perfect for Toledo to upset U*** then we curb stump them the following week

I don't credit coaching. Muschump mostly yelled at players and yelled at refs while his team was severely outcoached by very weak teams.

That Div II school had to pull the greatest choke and puke in history against them, aTm and Hubert Sumlin intentionally threw that game whith a lead in the second half, Les Miles had a Shannonesque game day episode against them, Jimbo and EJ went full ******, ad nauseum.

Advertisement
I'd rather not...prefer all the homer gator fans not to see it coming when we curb stomp them so they all have this hurt look of disbelief as any meaningful season this year would be over for them, then they can go on and lose every game afterwards.

Difference between a coach and a corch. If Toledo beat UF, Coker and Shannon would have admitted defeat before the game (Coker vs VT in '03, Shannon vs UNC every season, style). Remember, up until Golden, we admitted defeat and quit from the get go if a team lost the week before. :)

Advertisement

Is it weird that, as I watched that replay, I hoped contact would create spontaneous combustion for all parties involved?

Driskell doesn't look too aware in that play.
It's not just the right tackle looking inept. Whoever that other lineman is looks foolish.:nelsonhaha:

I feel like the RB (Jones?) was supposed to at least touch the German on his way to wherever the **** he was going.

Seantrel shut that dude down for the most part last year.

Shayon may actually get a sack. UF OL is bad.

How so? You have one starter out on the OL. Your starting rb will be ready in time for Miami...

Stop with the excuses.

squad is a mash unit right now smh. i'm already down on this team. i had 9-3 but 8-4 or 7-5 seems more likely with each practice it seems.

Advertisement
How so? You have one starter out on the OL. Your starting rb will be ready in time for Miami...

Stop with the excuses.

squad is a mash unit right now smh. i'm already down on this team. i had 9-3 but 8-4 or 7-5 seems more likely with each practice it seems.

dude what? read other uf-miami related threads, i'm the last one making excuses. i had said all summer there are 6 toss up games on uf's schedule and i expected to split them, hence 9-3. my slight change in stance has nothing to do with miami. injuries are a part of the game and good teams overcome them, but at the same time if they keep piling up then i'd be a fool not to revise my opinion as i go along.

Difference between a coach and a corch. If Toledo beat UF, Coker and Shannon would have admitted defeat before the game (Coker vs VT in '03, Shannon vs UNC every season, style). Remember, up until Golden, we admitted defeat and quit from the get go if a team lost the week before. :)

What gets me the most is how some people on this board has forgotten those days....THAT WAS NOT HURRICANE FOOTBALL. Now these same people wanna act like Golden aint done squat since he's been here. PURE HILARITY.

UF lost two starters from their O-line last year. They were returning Harrison, Green, and Halapio. Now Halapio and Green are injured and won't play in the Miami game. The O-line was already so thin that Muschamp didn't have a spring game because of it. Gator fans can claim it's no big deal but this O-line could be worse than the one last season. The only positive is the only returning starter is the center.

I like Miami's chances against UF.

this is inaccurate on all levels.

Please explain. I would love to hear your sugarcoated version. The O-line was returning Harrison, Green, and Halapio. Green and Halapio will not be playing against Miami. The Gators did not have a spring game and it was due to lack of depth on the O-line. Gillislee was your workhorse RB and basically made your entire running game last year. Your lead WR was your TE Jordan Reed and he is gone. There was no passing game last year to speak of. With a new O-line your offense could very well be worse than last year. How you're confident about your running game is beyond me.

I keep hearing about the reloading UF does on defense but there's no way in **** this new defense is as good as last years defense by game #2. Morrison is the best LB and he was a backup last year. Say what you want about losing Elam but he was a complete animal. There's no one in your secondary right now better than him.

UF also lost Sturgis and Dubose from special teams. They're two of the best in program history. All three phases of UF football took a beating from last season.

I like Miami's chances against UF.

Advertisement
Back