Potential Starting UF O Tackle out for the season

Advertisement
squad is a mash unit right now smh. i'm already down on this team. i had 9-3 but 8-4 or 7-5 seems more likely with each practice it seems.

Seeing you say this, leads me to believe 6-6.
Still think this is a top 10 team?

never said they were top 10 on this board or any other. i think driskel is trash and have said so consistently, why would i think they are top 10? the only unit i am very confident about is the defense, special teams, and the run game. 9-3 has been my prediction since early summer which would be a top 15 finish give or take.

How are you confident in the running game? You lost your LT, LG, RG, and RT from last year. Your workhorse runner was Gillislee and he's gone. You can have high hopes for Jones but he hasn't played at all this fall and is coming off of Super Aids. You lost your top producing WR who was a TE and you're thin as **** at WR.

I have a feeling your entire offense is going to be worse than last year. You better hope Driskell has learned how to read a defense and go through his progressions. Even if he has how much time is he going to have working behind a new O-line?

Last edited:
I think he's confident that once Driskell sees that his primary is not open he will take off and run. Technically, that's the running game so maybe that's what he means.

this was last week...before his injury where is he a starter?

UF's latest depth chart:

QB: Jeff Driskel, Tyler Murphy
RB: Mack Brown, Mark Herndon, Valdez Showers
FB: Hunter Joyer, Gideon Ajagbe
WR(X): Quinton Dunbar, Demarcus Robinson
WR(Z): Solomon Patton, Ahmad Fulwood, Chris Thompson
WR(F): Trey Burton, Latroy Pittman, Mike McNeely
TE: Clay Burton, Tevin Westbrook, Colin Thompson
LT: D.J. Humphries, Max Garcia
LG: Max Garcia, Trip Thurman
C: Jon Harrison, Kyle Koehne
RG: Kyle Koehne, Ian Silberman
RT: Tyler Moore, Trenton Brown

424.gif

Advertisement
Can't wait for ESPN and everyone else to discount us stomping them as they were injured or some other bull**** excuse

Every UF Fannie spoken to thinks Miami is a joke and don't consider it a tough game based on the D last year.
Me thinks they're whistling through the graveyard.

If I bring a doctor's note explaining that my body may spontaneously combust from anticipating this game, can we play it Friday? I like the FAU tune-up but dammit if I can't wait to see our boys unleashed on the Gators.

Advertisement
Every UF Fannie spoken to thinks Miami is a joke and don't consider it a tough game based on the D last year.

And every Cane fan thinks the Gator offense will be terrible again. So something has to give, right?

Matt Jones didn't carry it much last year, but when the light went on he went off vs FSU. In the spring he ran away with the starting job. He has been lifting weights and running for the last 2 weeks. He was 226 prior to super aids and is now at 223. Combine that with UM's history of struggling with mobile QB's and that is why Gator fans feel good about the offense vs UM defense. Also, Driskel is 240 with speed. He definitely won't be asked to run a ton, but he will absolutely have designed running plays. He ran against LSU's front, South Carolina's, Tennessee and FSU. So not like he did it vs cupcakes.

On the other side, what is supposed to be UM's best unit, the passing game, plays into the Gators best unit, DL and CB's.

So all this pontificating will come down to something has to give. Will it be UM's D? Will it be Gators O?

September 7th.......soon

And every Cane fan thinks the Gator offense will be terrible again. So something has to give, right?

Matt Jones didn't carry it much last year, but when the light went on he went off vs FSU. In the spring he ran away with the starting job. He has been lifting weights and running for the last 2 weeks. He was 226 prior to super aids and is now at 223. Combine that with UM's history of struggling with mobile QB's and that is why Gator fans feel good about the offense vs UM defense. Also, Driskel is 240 with speed. He definitely won't be asked to run a ton, but he will absolutely have designed running plays. He ran against LSU's front, South Carolina's, Tennessee and FSU. So not like he did it vs cupcakes.

On the other side, what is supposed to be UM's best unit, the passing game, plays into the Gators best unit, DL and CB's.

So all this pontificating will come down to something has to give. Will it be UM's D? Will it be Gators O?

September 7th.......soon

Well, Florida only played 6 teams last year and Driskell didn't do Shiit against any of them. 2 td's 4 int's. 49 yards total rushing and 736 yards passing total in 6 games.

Against FSU -20 yards rushing 147 yards passing 1 td 0 int's.
Texas am 8 yards rushing 162 yards passing 0 td's 0 int's.
Lsu 1 yard rushing 61 yards passing 0/0
Georgia -4 yards rushing 15/27 191 yards passing 0 td's 2 int's
Louisville 4 yards rushing 16/29 175 yards passing 1 td 2 int's..

However you look at it, it looks shiitty.
Your other games were against doormats Tennessee 5-7 107th defense points against,
Kentucky 2-10 87th defense points against
Missouri 5-7 68th defense
Vanderbilt 9-4 15th defense, they were actually pretty good last year.
Then bowling green, Jacksonville state, and Louisiana lafayette which you needed a last second blocked punt returned for a td to win.

How can any gator be confident in this guy? And he's one of your only experienced starters returning on offense. By all rights your offense could be worse than last year.
And he had internal surgery a few weeks ago and is probably not doing serious core training yet.

Even the most die hard gator, deep down, has to look at our defense and realize that they are bigger, stronger and probably faster than the gator defense, with a wealth of experience gained through *** whippings.
A lot of formerly stout defenses this year are going to realize that when you have to play freshmen and 1st year starters as the core of your defense, then you are in for a rough year.

I like our chances.

We beat them by 2 TDs but long before America (ESPN especially) realizes theyre a 8-4/9-3 team so ill take it

Advertisement

September 7th.......soon

Well, Florida only played 6 teams last year and Driskell didn't do Shiit against any of them. 2 td's 4 int's. 49 yards total rushing and 736 yards passing total in 6 games.

Your other games were against doormats Tennessee 5-7 107th defense points against,
Then bowling green, Jacksonville state, and Louisiana lafayette which you needed a last second blocked punt returned for a td to win.

How can any gator be confident in this guy? And he's one of your only experienced starters returning on offense. By all rights your offense could be worse than last year.
And he had internal surgery a few weeks ago and is probably not doing serious core training yet.

Even the most die hard gator, deep down, has to look at our defense and realize that they are bigger, stronger and probably faster than the gator defense, with a wealth of experience gained through *** whippings.
A lot of formerly stout defenses this year are going to realize that when you have to play freshmen and 1st year starters as the core of your defense, then you are in for a rough year.

I like our chances.

So UM is going to go from 120 ranked D to better than the Gators D because you got your a$$ whipped? Sure thing.

Even the most die hard Cane, deep down, has to look at Golden's coaching over the last 2 years and show me where he out coached someone. I can point to several losses to less talented teams, as well as UM needing every second vs GT, NC State AND Duke. Several players on the current roster were in big games all of last year. @ aTm with their Heisman winning QB. @ FSU and home vs LSU and South Carolina. Those are big games that were won with a ****ty offense. So the Gators as a team are not going into Sun Life without big game experience, especially Driskel.

Soon

UF lost two starters from their O-line last year. They were returning Harrison, Green, and Halapio. Now Halapio and Green are injured and won't play in the Miami game. The O-line was already so think that Muschamp didn't have a spring game because of it. Gator fans can claim it's no big deal but this O-line could be worse than the one last season. The only positive is the only returning starter is the center.

I like Miami's chances against UF.

this is inaccurate on all levels.

UF lost two starters from their O-line last year. They were returning Harrison, Green, and Halapio. Now Halapio and Green are injured and won't play in the Miami game. The O-line was already so think that Muschamp didn't have a spring game because of it. Gator fans can claim it's no big deal but this O-line could be worse than the one last season. The only positive is the only returning starter is the center.

I like Miami's chances against UF.

this is inaccurate on all levels.

James Wilson and Xavier Nixon

Advertisement

September 7th.......soon

I like our chances.

So UM is going to go from 120 ranked D to better than the Gators D because you got your a$$ whipped? Sure thing.

Even the most die hard Cane, deep down, has to look at Golden's coaching over the last 2 years and show me where he out coached someone. I can point to several losses to less talented teams, as well as UM needing every second vs GT, NC State AND Duke. Several players on the current roster were in big games all of last year. @ aTm with their Heisman winning QB. @ FSU and home vs LSU and South Carolina. Those are big games that were won with a ****ty offense. So the Gators as a team are not going into Sun Life without big game experience, especially Driskel.

Soon

no clue why every college football fan can't get this simple point..

what your team did last year = 0

players improve, players stop trying, new recruits help out, luck changes etc etc

every season is a fresh start.. both teams have talent but the idea that one team is going to win without a doubt is laughable.. this is college football!!!!

The 5 guys currently starting for Florida all have experience. Humphries-Garcia-Harrison-Koehne-Moore

It's probably not what they envisioned when camp started but it's not bad talent/experience wise.

both were spot starters. humphries started 4 games as a true freshman at lt over nixon and wilson was an on again off again starter. so while i guess it is factually correct to say we lost 2 'starters' their replacements played as much as them and in some games started over them. so its also factually correct to say we returned 4 starters.

also muschamp maintained before the injuries that he felt he had 9 starting quality players. even with the recent injury he still maintains he feels comfortable with 8 guys. now maybe his confidence is misplaced, that's why they play the games so we'll see. we have more o-linemen on scholarship than we have had his first 2 years.

and i will also continue to say that if people watched uf play they would realize the oline isn't nearly as bad as they are portrayed. the major problem with them is driskel. you don't bully d-lines like lsu, fsu, a&m etc. and suck...and they did so with no passing game to support them whatsoever. all those d-lines had nfl prospects all over them, how does a bad o-line do that? driskel cannot read coverages and often sacked himself. a perfect example of this is the A&M game. they gave up 8 sacks so everyone who doesn't watch the games will say 'they suck!' yet after the game our oc comes out and stated driskel was responsible for 6 of them. that was the case for a majority of the year, he made the oline look a lot worse than they were.

The 5 guys currently starting for Florida all have experience. Humphries-Garcia-Harrison-Koehne-Moore

It's probably not what they envisioned when camp started but it's not bad talent/experience wise.

True. Until our d-line proves anything. Advantage gaters IMO

Advertisement
Back