Potential OC

"Did somebody ask for recently fired Colorado State Head Coach Mike Bobo?!?! WHY YES THERE'S ROOM!! THE DOORS OF THE CHURCH ARE OPEN!!!" - Pastor Richt

Colorado State Rams football coach Mike Bobo receives 3-year contract extension with maximum salary of $2.2 million.

bobo gonna be there for a lil bit. we need some help on offense this year off season.

Advertisement
Jake Spavital, current QB/OC under Holgorsen at West Virginia. He's only 33 years of age but done a great job at WV so far in 2 years. Was also the QB/OC for a year under Sonny Dykes (10th in total offense and 22nd in scoring) and has brief experience calling plays under Sumlin while at Texas A&M.
He was an abysmal failure in his one big stint at TAMU when he actually had to face some good defenses.

Colorado State Rams football coach Mike Bobo receives 3-year contract extension with maximum salary of $2.2 million.

bobo gonna be there for a lil bit. we need some help on offense this year off season.

Well, looks like I made a "Mike Booboo".

Advertisement
I would love for us to adopt Heupel or Norvell's system. (Yes I know we can't hire them as OC's.)

Not just because of their Passing attacks, but they also have maximized how to run the ball at a high level despite not having elite OL's. Heupel was at Oklahoma from 06-14 & a lot of the offensive innovation people attribute to Lincoln Riley really came from him. He's also developed QB's like Bradford, Landry Jones, Drew Lock etc.

Mike Norvell made below average QB's like Paxton Lynch & Riley Ferguson look like good passers & when he was OC at AZ St they won 10 games back to back in 2013-14 & he made another below average QB like Taylor Kelly look like a legit passer. Plus he has the #1 rusher in the nation Darrell Henderson.

And Sterlin Gilbert has been one of my top choices for an OC for 2 years now. He usually has one of the best rushing offenses in college, they've been a top 10 rushing team since he got there at USF & even in the down years at Texas his offense produced a 2,000yd rusher in D'Onta Foreman who was a 3-star RB coming out of HS.

My point is, if these systems were implemented in next year our skill players as we would annihilate teams with an uptempo pace attack hitting teams with breakneck speed on the perimeter & our Run game would improve drastically which would make our overall Offense run more efficiently regardless of who the QB is.

Other names I would like even though I know it wouldn't happen:

Kendall Briles - Houston
Tim Beck - Texas
Graham Harrell - North Texas
Mike Yulrich - OK St
Darin Hinshaw - Kentucky
Sean Reagan - Troy
Zak Hill - Boise St
Derek Dooley - Mizzou
Glenn Thomas - Baylor
Jeff Lebby - UCF
Kevin Johns - TTech
Troy Taylor - Utah
Jake Spavital - West VA
Names!!! I get names!!!!!
gene-wilder-1900x700_c.jpg
Thanks El.

Advertisement
Well, looks like I made a "Mike Booboo".

lmao...they may let him go though but i doubt since he jus got that in december 2017..and the buyout might cost to much for them..he is the highestpaid coach in the mwc i believe.

Go grab someone from North Dakota State offense...preferably their current OC offer him an analyst gig or assistant to HC gig and a pay raise. They seem to have a graybeard at that spot right now.

If an OC search does happen, and if I were in charge of it the process would look like this.

- Step 1: Call a mandatory meeting for all BOT members
- Step 2: Require Richt and our puppet AD to be at the meeting
- Step 3: Have everyone listed above name their 3 top choices for the OC job
- Step 4: Immediately eliminate from consideration every ******* name gathered above

Just by doing that, we'd increase our success rate ten-fold.

Advertisement
Anyone got access to Don Coryell’s DNA? We could turn them into stem cells. Ask Richt’s personal physician to inject them under the guise of routine antibiotics.

Advertisement
Hire David Yost as OC, move Jon Richt rich to non coaching position. And steal Bob Stitt as an offensive analyst from Ok State.

An instantly over night college football would fear the Canes once again. An if Richt announces this before signing day we could possibly add a top QB to the 2019 class.

Can you imagine Miami running Bob Stitt designed Jet sweeps with Thomas and Harley.

Go Canes

Wes Welker could be a solid candidate. Has ties to Mike leach and currently coaching w the Texans

Richt Jr hopefully does his papa a favor and decides to step down and go earn his stripes somewhere else.

We need to start doing what SEC school's do and poach from the best in your conference....Clemson. Give me Brandon Streeter. Proven playcaller at smaller program (University of Richmond) and current QB coach/Recruiting Coordinator at Clemson. Jeff Scott and Tony Elliott are the current Co-OC's at Clemson so he doesn't even have that title.

Bring Brandon Streeter in as OC/QB coach. Just look at what he's done with their recruiting classes...specifically at the QB position. Deshaun became a 1st rounder. Trevor Lawrence already looks like the real deal.

Advertisement
Back