Potential OC

Besides Briles and in no order:
Dorsey
Yost
Helfrich
Freeze (baggage)
Wilson (baggage)
Kingsbury (if he gets fired)

Ship sailed on Helfrich... My guess is probably tries to find himself another CF HC job, or another NFL OC job if he is leaving.

Advertisement
Literally anyone but Mark Richt. You can ask any of the Moderators on this site that go out to the high school games in south florida. There are several high schools that run a more creative offense than the canes. I saw Booker T come out in several different formations last week vs CC. And watching fb this weekend really reinforced the idea that not only do we run a vanilla offense but it might actually be the most stale O in the country.

Kenny Dillingham is a young OC who UM should reach out to if the bigger names fail. He has had the opportunity to learn from a very good offensive coach in Mike Norvell. He's also had a lot of success as a QB coach albeit not a large sample size.

Advertisement
Go back and read it again please. And tell me the last time Pro or College an OC was hired in the middle of the season? Come on man use some common sense. You cannot install a new offense in the middle of the season. The only time an OC is replaced mid season it is by someone on the staff that runs the same offense but hopefully calls the plays during games better.
No but one can be brought in midseason to observe the personnel this year to scheme an offense that fits for next year

Advertisement
I wouldn’t mind Sterlin Gilbert over at USF. Coached under Babers and probably knows FL recruiting well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I would love for us to adopt Heupel or Norvell's system. (Yes I know we can't hire them as OC's.)

Not just because of their Passing attacks, but they also have maximized how to run the ball at a high level despite not having elite OL's. Heupel was at Oklahoma from 06-14 & a lot of the offensive innovation people attribute to Lincoln Riley really came from him. He's also developed QB's like Bradford, Landry Jones, Drew Lock etc.

Mike Norvell made below average QB's like Paxton Lynch & Riley Ferguson look like good passers & when he was OC at AZ St they won 10 games back to back in 2013-14 & he made another below average QB like Taylor Kelly look like a legit passer. Plus he has the #1 rusher in the nation Darrell Henderson.

And Sterlin Gilbert has been one of my top choices for an OC for 2 years now. He usually has one of the best rushing offenses in college, they've been a top 10 rushing team since he got there at USF & even in the down years at Texas his offense produced a 2,000yd rusher in D'Onta Foreman who was a 3-star RB coming out of HS.

My point is, if these systems were implemented in next year our skill players as we would annihilate teams with an uptempo pace attack hitting teams with breakneck speed on the perimeter & our Run game would improve drastically which would make our overall Offense run more efficiently regardless of who the QB is.

Other names I would like even though I know it wouldn't happen:

Kendall Briles - Houston
Tim Beck - Texas
Graham Harrell - North Texas
Mike Yulrich - OK St
Darin Hinshaw - Kentucky
Sean Reagan - Troy
Zak Hill - Boise St
Derek Dooley - Mizzou
Glenn Thomas - Baylor
Jeff Lebby - UCF
Kevin Johns - TTech
Troy Taylor - Utah
Jake Spavital - West VA

[QUOTE="Liberty City El ''My point is, if these systems were implemented in next year our skill players as we would annihilate teams with an uptempo pace attack hitting teams with breakneck speed on the perimeter & our Run game would improve drastically which would make our overall Offense run more efficiently regardless of who the QB is. ''

Agree 100%! We have some great players this slow **** isn't for Miami. Speed it up!

If we are realistic, its no one and if he brings someone expect it to be like his first OC hire at UGA a yes man.

Pipe dream?

Yost
Briles

Advertisement
Back