Potential OC

Advertisement
Bobo would not surprise me one bit. He knows Richt's playbook and the 30 year old plays. More importantly he already knows Jon and wouldn't have a problem with him. Smh.. the fck is going here? lol
Unless he gets fired he is not leaving the HC of CSU

Advertisement
So lets say we do bring in an OC (not happening), what happens to Brown? Is he demoted, is he the Co-oC? How does that work? I know Brown isn't the actual OC he has the title for money, but wondering how that work.

So lets say we do bring in an OC (not happening), what happens to Brown? Is he demoted, is he the Co-oC? How does that work? I know Brown isn't the actual OC he has the title for money, but wondering how that work.

brown has been doing a great job with the backs and in recruiting IMO. you keep brown. the weak link is the weak link in the offense -- junior. he should be demoted to some support staff spot, but ill believe it when i see it

Advertisement
brown has been doing a great job with the backs and in recruiting IMO. you keep brown. the weak link is the weak link in the offense -- junior. he should be demoted to some support staff spot, but ill believe it when i see it
We know Richt won't do that. That is why I am lost as to where Miami goes and does with this. The giving titles for the money thing is going to make this an issue. I'd love a real OC at Miami with something that resembles an actual offense but I just don't see it in our current situation.

I would love for us to adopt Heupel or Norvell's system. (Yes I know we can't hire them as OC's.)

Not just because of their Passing attacks, but they also have maximized how to run the ball at a high level despite not having elite OL's. Heupel was at Oklahoma from 06-14 & a lot of the offensive innovation people attribute to Lincoln Riley really came from him. He's also developed QB's like Bradford, Landry Jones, Drew Lock etc.

Mike Norvell made below average QB's like Paxton Lynch & Riley Ferguson look like good passers & when he was OC at AZ St they won 10 games back to back in 2013-14 & he made another below average QB like Taylor Kelly look like a legit passer. Plus he has the #1 rusher in the nation Darrell Henderson.

And Sterlin Gilbert has been one of my top choices for an OC for 2 years now. He usually has one of the best rushing offenses in college, they've been a top 10 rushing team since he got there at USF & even in the down years at Texas his offense produced a 2,000yd rusher in D'Onta Foreman who was a 3-star RB coming out of HS.

My point is, if these systems were implemented in next year our skill players as we would annihilate teams with an uptempo pace attack hitting teams with breakneck speed on the perimeter & our Run game would improve drastically which would make our overall Offense run more efficiently regardless of who the QB is.

Other names I would like even though I know it wouldn't happen:

Kendall Briles - Houston
Tim Beck - Texas
Graham Harrell - North Texas
Mike Yulrich - OK St
Darin Hinshaw - Kentucky
Sean Reagan - Troy
Zak Hill - Boise St
Derek Dooley - Mizzou
Glenn Thomas - Baylor
Jeff Lebby - UCF
Kevin Johns - TTech
Troy Taylor - Utah
Jake Spavital - West VA

El, I’d love to see Gilbert here as well. He’s innovative while keeping both sides of the offense balanced. Can you imagine what he’d bring to the table with the athletes Miami has, and could get given his name alone? The main question is, who does Richt dump from the current staff to get this done? Or do we bring in someone like Gilbert and make him some glorified analyst or some BS title like that? I’m hoping it’s Jon but I doubt Poppa will dump his son to bring in an OC. Could it then be Brown? He’s done a good job on the recruiting trail. Logic dictates it should be Jon but I just don’t see Mark pulling that trigger.

That's part of the problem. Rorcht had to give OC money to lure a good RB coach and had the administration in a bidding war for Searles. Lulz

Advertisement
Jake Spavital, current QB/OC under Holgorsen at West Virginia. He's only 33 years of age but done a great job at WV so far in 2 years. Was also the QB/OC for a year under Sonny Dykes (10th in total offense and 22nd in scoring) and has brief experience calling plays under Sumlin while at Texas A&M.

Advertisement
Prediction: Our next OC is currently on the staff

I'd be willing to bet this is Richt's God forsaken plan. In their warped minds it would appease the masses by presenting a "change" to the perceived play calling duties but in reality....nothing would change.

If he does make that move, it would be officially time to pivot our outcries from "Hiring an OC" to "Hiring a new coach".

I'd be willing to bet this is Richt's God forsaken plan. In their warped minds it would appease the masses by presenting a "change" to the perceived play calling duties but in reality....nothing would change.

If he does make that move, it would be officially time to pivot our outcries from "Hiring an OC" to "Hiring a new coach".

I honestly think Thomas brown and Dugans with share the title and responsibilities next season. No actual change will happen.

We know Richt won't do that. That is why I am lost as to where Miami goes and does with this. The giving titles for the money thing is going to make this an issue. I'd love a real OC at Miami with something that resembles an actual offense but I just don't see it in our current situation.

We're not going and doing anything which is why i dont even hurt my head thinking of it. The one chance they had was the end of last year with the addition of an extra coach..they used that spot on Patke and defense. Our offense is locked in to what it is unless a guy leaves not named Richt. (Jon, Thomas Brown) are locks...so you would have to hope for a Dugans or Searles to move on and replace them with a guy that can coach wr/oc...or Ol/OC.

My honest hope would just be to bring in an offensive graybeard type in an analyst role. Possibly a head coach that got fired and just needs a gig to stay relevant. Bama essentially does this every season. Instead of loading up on high school coaches this is something they should do. Coach would be able to help with real offensive game planning (not whatever the f Richt jr does, and special teams)

We're not going and doing anything which is why i dont even hurt my head thinking of it. The one chance they had was the end of last year with the addition of an extra coach..they used that spot on Patke and defense. Our offense is locked in to what it is unless a guy leaves not named Richt. (Jon, Thomas Brown) are locks...so you would have to hope for a Dugans or Searles to move on and replace them with a guy that can coach wr/oc...or Ol/OC.

My honest hope would just be to bring in an offensive graybeard type in an analyst role. Possibly a head coach that got fired and just needs a gig to stay relevant. Bama essentially does this every season. Instead of loading up on high school coaches this is something they should do. Coach would be able to help with real offensive game planning (not whatever the f Richt jr does, and special teams)

"Did somebody ask for recently fired Colorado State Head Coach Mike Bobo?!?! WHY YES THERE'S ROOM!! THE DOORS OF THE CHURCH ARE OPEN!!!" - Pastor Richt

Advertisement
Back