Potential OC

I would love for us to adopt Heupel or Norvell's system. (Yes I know we can't hire them as OC's.)

Not just because of their Passing attacks, but they also have maximized how to run the ball at a high level despite not having elite OL's. Heupel was at Oklahoma from 06-14 & a lot of the offensive innovation people attribute to Lincoln Riley really came from him. He's also developed QB's like Bradford, Landry Jones, Drew Lock etc.

Mike Norvell made below average QB's like Paxton Lynch & Riley Ferguson look like good passers & when he was OC at AZ St they won 10 games back to back in 2013-14 & he made another below average QB like Taylor Kelly look like a legit passer. Plus he has the #1 rusher in the nation Darrell Henderson.

And Sterlin Gilbert has been one of my top choices for an OC for 2 years now. He usually has one of the best rushing offenses in college, they've been a top 10 rushing team since he got there at USF & even in the down years at Texas his offense produced a 2,000yd rusher in D'Onta Foreman who was a 3-star RB coming out of HS.

My point is, if these systems were implemented in next year our skill players as we would annihilate teams with an uptempo pace attack hitting teams with breakneck speed on the perimeter & our Run game would improve drastically which would make our overall Offense run more efficiently regardless of who the QB is.

Other names I would like even though I know it wouldn't happen:

Kendall Briles - Houston
Tim Beck - Texas
Graham Harrell - North Texas
Mike Yulrich - OK St
Darin Hinshaw - Kentucky
Sean Reagan - Troy
Zak Hill - Boise St
Derek Dooley - Mizzou
Glenn Thomas - Baylor
Jeff Lebby - UCF
Kevin Johns - TTech
Troy Taylor - Utah
Jake Spavital - West VA
Ryan Day - Oh St
Kalen Deboer - Frenso St

(These next 4 are coaches that could be hired as analysts)
Chris Barnette
Brennan Marion
Tim Plough
Scott Sallach

Advertisement
Actually just got done talking to my long time UGA fan. He said Bobo installed a different offense at UGA. It took him a while to get going, but by the end he had a well polished offense he was running. He even made the statement that he would take Bobo back in a heartbeat over current OC Cheney.

Bobo's the guy thet had the offense churning with Todd Gurley.

But then again....Todd Gurley.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Doug "Big" Meacham got fired from Kansas recently. He was really good at TCU with Boykins a couple of years ago.

I would love for us to adopt Heupel or Norvell's system. (Yes I know we can't hire them as OC's.)

Not just because of their Passing attacks, but they also have maximized how to run the ball at a high level despite not having elite OL's. Heupel was at Oklahoma from 06-14 & a lot of the offensive innovation people attribute to Lincoln Riley really came from him. He's also developed QB's like Bradford, Landry Jones, Drew Lock etc.

Mike Norvell made below average QB's like Paxton Lynch & Riley Ferguson look like good passers & when he was OC at AZ St they won 10 games back to back in 2013-14 & he made another below average QB like Taylor Kelly look like a legit passer. Plus he has the #1 rusher in the nation Darrell Henderson.

And Sterlin Gilbert has been one of my top choices for an OC for 2 years now. He usually has one of the best rushing offenses in college, they've been a top 10 rushing team since he got there at USF & even in the down years at Texas his offense produced a 2,000yd rusher in D'Onta Foreman who was a 3-star RB coming out of HS.

My point is, if these systems were implemented in next year our skill players as we would annihilate teams with an uptempo pace attack hitting teams with breakneck speed on the perimeter & our Run game would improve drastically which would make our overall Offense run more efficiently regardless of who the QB is.

Other names I would like even though I know it wouldn't happen:

Kendall Briles - Houston
Tim Beck - Texas
Graham Harrell - North Texas
Mike Yulrich - OK St
Darin Hinshaw - Kentucky
Sean Reagan - Troy
Zak Hill - Boise St
Derek Dooley - Mizzou
Glenn Thomas - Baylor
Jeff Lebby - UCF
Kevin Johns - TTech
Troy Taylor - Utah
Jake Spavital - West VA

wonder if someday in the future we’ll look back on this opportunity and wish we wouldve went with heupel/lebby instead

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back