Potential depth chart changes moving forward

If Manny starts Redding & Smith against Pitt my faith will be slightly restored even if it's only for the first drive. If he trots out Pope, Wiggins, and Harley and gives them the ol clap it up you got this s*** when they make a bonehead play its gonna be a long *** day. Tired of this "players coach" BS, the HC cant be afraid to yell at players and bench them. Man up Manny

Advertisement
At WR, gotta go with Smith & Redding.

At LB, the 4 man rotation should be Brooks, Flagg, Steed & Huff. Jennings can still get reps on short yardage situations, McCloud needs to hit the pine for good, he just doesn't have the football IQ or the lateral movement needed.

At LG, gotta sit Jakai Clark down for Pitt, too many undisciplined penalties, put Traore in there.

At Safety, time to play Balom & Harrell with Bolden, AC5 just can't keep himself in a game & Gurvan is just unfocused.

Overall, Manny & Baker place too high a premium on Seniority & it's going to continue to bite them in the ***, it will be Manny's downfall if he doesn't recognize & correct this issue. Put your best 11 on the field, it doesn't matter if they're a TF or a Red Frosh just find the best 11 & play'em, this steadfast hold of sticking with upperclassmen come **** or high water is only hurting the team & stunting the growth of the younger players with talent.

Now this is some **** I can agree with - all above the above.

Advertisement
Gurvan is another in our long line of players who looks more and more disinterested the longer he's here. His body language is awful. I expected him to grow into an intimidator, but he looks like he'd rather be doing something else.

I think they make it worse by continuing to play guys like that. He isn’t even being held accountable.

It's not the Defense we play, it's the personnel groupings & the way Baker calls the Defense.

The 4-2-5 is not a foreign scheme, it's been in college football for a long time & dozens & dozens of teams run it, it's just the Diaz/Baker version of it leaves lots of holes open in the 2nd level of the Defense because he doesn't teach our LB's properly gap integrity & how maintain lane discipline.

The biggest issue is we don't play fast instinctual LB's, for whatever reason Diaz/Baker prefer these big slow trodden LB's that can't flip their hips & change direction.

Their evaluations are **** and are too easily impressed with mediocrity at LB. They seriously have no idea what a real Miami linebacker is suppose to look like. Not to mention the fact that they can’t coach them up to save their lives. Our LB development is horrid. Clemson has two average body *** white guys out there balling while we’re having a hard time figuring out that Brooks needs 40 more snaps.

It’s Fugging terrible.

Advertisement
McCloud is to linebackers, as old Asian women are to drivers

Both are terrible in traffic and navigating through it

056B3D6A-36AD-4F42-9B4B-104ADE3D001C.gif

Advertisement
That's one thing I disagreed with Lashlee's press conference. Clemson was playing press man with no safety help. You don't have to just run verticals. You can run sticks, back shoulder fades, and out routes all day then bust that *** deep on a double move. Just can't understand why that's not in the play calling repertoire.
Relies on our slow *** receivers to run a good route or you're asking King to consistently make some of the harder throws which we haven't seen he can do.

Advertisement
We want to bench Pope for fumbling and muffing punts. I agree with that. However the guy we replaced him with made two cardinal sin type plays on punt return against Clemson. Maybe we need to try what’s behind door #3. I don’t want guys fielding punts that are about to roll into the endzone. Or picking up what should be a dead ball and trying to run with 7 defenders right next to him. Has anybody on this team ever fielded a punt before?
Been said ad nauseum but the first return should be a positive not negative. There was obvious illegal touching by Clemson, X saw it, knew the refs did too, and did his best to take that opportunity to do something. Worst case being we end up where ball was spotted. If anything, I'm impressed he got as far as he did.

It's not the Defense we play, it's the personnel groupings & the way Baker calls the Defense.

The 4-2-5 is not a foreign scheme, it's been in college football for a long time & dozens & dozens of teams run it, it's just the Diaz/Baker version of it leaves lots of holes open in the 2nd level of the Defense because he doesn't teach our LB's properly gap integrity & how maintain lane discipline.

The biggest issue is we don't play fast instinctual LB's, for whatever reason Diaz/Baker prefer these big slow trodden LB's that can't flip their hips & change direction.
He doesnt teach it because he doesnt feel like he has to. They said that about him at Texas and it was predicted four years ago.

The focus is on the wrong things, like Turnover Chain and TFL. And I doubt that it will change.

Advertisement
Back