Post UNC coaching candidates

Canesbro31

Sophomore
Stoops HAS to be the top target. The guy is a scrapper, and you can’t afford another bad hire.

Mike Gundy has to be right there with stoops as the top target although I’d love to get him, but don’t think he leaves Oklahoma state.

2 other possibilities:

Matt Campbell at Iowa state

Kirk Ferentz: similar to Gundy his demeanor on the sideline is the opposite of Manny, which I LOVE. No matter the situation he doesn’t flinch whether he’s up 14 or down 14.

I also wouldn’t be opposed to getting a young guy who built up a G5 program.

Advertisement
I’d say 3 of the 4 candidates you listed are unrealistic and there is no chance they are coming to Miami (Ferentz, Campbell, & Gundy). I also think we should stop doing live updates like this. It seems like people overreact to games each week. One game shouldn’t cause drastic changes to the list. Need to look at the whole resume and stop making knee jerk reactions. some people are dropping coaches on their list when their current team gives up a first down or gets called for holding.

Stoops HAS to be the top target. The guy is a scrapper, and you can’t afford another bad hire.

Mike Gundy has to be right there with stoops as the top target although I’d love to get him, but don’t think he leaves Oklahoma state.

2 other possibilities:

Matt Campbell at Iowa state

Kirk Ferentz: similar to Gundy his demeanor on the sideline is the opposite of Manny, which I LOVE. No matter the situation he doesn’t flinch whether he’s up 14 or down 14.

I also wouldn’t be opposed to getting a young guy who built up a G5 program.
Step away from the crack pipe.

He makes a ****load of money, has been at Iowa forever, and chronically underperforms.

I’d say 3 of the 4 candidates you listed are unrealistic and there is no chance they are coming to Miami (Ferentz, Campbell, & Gundy). I also think we should stop doing live updates like this. It seems like people overreact to games each week. One game shouldn’t cause drastic changes to the list. Need to look at the whole resume and stop making knee jerk reactions. some people are dropping coaches on their list when their current team gives up a first down or gets called for holding.
Let’s overreact. Who beat Freeze yesterday must be the goods…..

Advertisement
Gundy is not leaving OSU for Miami. Ferentz isn't leaving Iowa and he isn't what we need. Stoops may be a possibility. Best candidate to turn this ****show around is Dave Clawson from Wake

I am tired of reality. Take your reality and shove it up your a$$.

Fire Blake

Hire Zo

I want Zo and Jon Vilma as a BOT on a plane up to JAX, tell Urban this is a new era in Miami football where you will get everything you need. We have the players. Name your price, staff and analysts. We are going all in.

That’s INSTANT credibility as a serious player and recruits would roll in. There will be controversy, which aint a bad thing. Even if Urban says no, it SHOWS a different direction and level of commitment.

Advertisement
My List:

Tier 1:

1) Mario Cristobal (Mario has to be Miami’s first, second, and third call. You don’t move onto another candidate unless he gives you a firm no).

2) Mark Stoops (Solid job at UK, does more with less and is a **** of a coach. Would need a good OC. Has it made at UK though, and gets like 500K extra every season he goes over .500. He may not want to leave)

3) Matt Campbell: I have issues with his consistency, but the guy has done miracles at Iowa State. He’s got the personality to succeed here.

4) Dave Arranda: Doing a great job at Baylor. He’s being tied to the LSU job so he may not be an option, but if Mario and Stoops fall through he needs to get a call.

Tier 2:

1) Billy Napier: Doing a great job in the P5. Coached under Saban and knows how to run a program. Don’t want a G5 but if push comes to shove we may not have a choice.

2) Marcus Freeman: Solid coach and hot HC candidate name. Turned around Notre Dame’s defense. Did great at cincy.

3) Greg Schiano: Don’t want him, but wouldn’t be angry if it was him (at least after a few days of venting). He’s a solid coach, but has a reputation as a massive asshol*.

Coaches were not getting: Luke Fickell, Kirk Ferentz, James Franklin, Lane Kiffin, Brent Venables, Dave Clawson.

Free

Ferentz is a solid coach but Iowa was flat after the PSU win. Having said that, he wouldn’t be a good fit at Miami and he will retire at Iowa. One loss shouldn’t define his resume
Agreed. But flat wouldn’t be acceptable here and as you said, he seems to be on the Iowa retirement path at this point.

AD: Zo
HC/OC: Lane Kiffin
Asst HC /DC: Charlie Strong
Uniforms : Nike
Stadium : Marlins stadium

Lol we just need change man!

Advertisement
My List:

Tier 1:

1) Mario Cristobal (Mario has to be Miami’s first, second, and third call. You don’t move onto another candidate unless he gives you a firm no).

2) Mark Stoops (Solid job at UK, does more with less and is a **** of a coach. Would need a good OC. Has it made at UK though, and gets like 500K extra every season he goes over .500. He may not want to leave)

3) Matt Campbell: I have issues with his consistency, but the guy has done miracles at Iowa State. He’s got the personality to succeed here.

4) Dave Arranda: Doing a great job at Baylor. He’s being tied to the LSU job so he may not be an option, but if Mario and Stoops fall through he needs to get a call.

Tier 2:

1) Billy Napier: Doing a great job in the P5. Coached under Saban and knows how to run a program. Don’t want a G5 but if push comes to shove we may not have a choice.

2) Marcus Freeman: Solid coach and hot HC candidate name. Turned around Notre Dame’s defense. Did great at cincy.

3) Greg Schiano: Don’t want him, but wouldn’t be angry if it was him (at least after a few days of venting). He’s a solid coach, but has a reputation as a massive asshol*.

Coaches were not getting: Luke Fickell, Kirk Ferentz, James Franklin, Lane Kiffin, Brent Venables, Dave Clawson.
Napier.

Freeman ever coaches a half of football like he did against FSU ever again and I will always need a second look at his resume. That. Was. Awful.

And, why Mario?

Gundy I worry about his recruiting. He’s never turned any kind of recruiting corner at OSU, even with all the winning. South Florida isn’t for those that have no personality on the trail.

Campbell is the same issue. All the rumors are he hates everything associated with college football except the actual coaching part. Especially recruiting. He’d get destroyed by the SEC coaches on the trail.

Ferentz is a solid enough coach, but he’d be a horrible hire.

Mario
Stoops
Kiffin
Fickell

Napier

Herman
Chadwell

Those would be all the names needed.

Advertisement
I'll keep it to realistic targets: Napier, Hafley, Aranda, Clark, Schiano, Clawson, Chadwell. I'd be cool with any of these guys. I can't include Mario, Lane, or Stoops unless we see Blake gone first & we show tangible evidence the upper brass is serious about football. Otherwise expect a tier 2 hire at best (which is a massive upgrade over Manny).

My List:

How do you know this? People always talking about we can’t afford this and that blah blah blah. It’s not that we can’t it’s that we won’t! If they (bot) want to show they want to win and football is a priority they have the money to go get whoever they want. If what I have been hearing is true then anyone (realistically) we want we can go get. Fickle is my choice

It won’t happen, but I agree

This stock down, stock up stuff is absurd
I'll keep it to realistic targets: Napier, Hafley, Aranda, Clark, Schiano, Clawson, Chadwell. I'd be cool with any of these guys. I can't include Mario, Lane, or Stoops unless we see Blake gone first & we show tangible evidence the upper brass is serious about football. Otherwise expect a tier 2 hire at best (which is a massive upgrade over Manny).
agreed

In my mind we are looking at another Golden type hire. Hopefully better results this time

My List:

Tier 1:

3) ❌Matt Campbell: I have issues with his consistency, but the guy has done miracles at Iowa State. He’s got the personality to succeed here.

4) ❌Dave Arranda: Doing a great job at Baylor. He’s being tied to the LSU job so he may not be an option, but if Mario and Stoops fall through he needs to get a call.

Tier 2:

2) ❌Marcus Freeman: Solid coach and hot HC candidate name. Turned around Notre Dame’s defense. Did great at cincy.

❌ - Freeman, Amanda & Campbell

Advertisement
Back