Post UNC coaching candidates

Who's your exciting hire?

Urban Meyer.

Fire blake, hire Zo, send Zo and Vilma (BOT) up to Urban before or after he is fired and convince him that the hiring of ZO signals a new era at Miami where investing in the program is no longer an issue. Tell him he gets anything he wants. More analysts? Got it. Bigger recruiting budget? Got it.

It would be the biggest move in college and the biggest move in the city of Miami for ALL sports. Recruiting and NIL deals would be instantaneous. Stadium completely sold out first home game. And guess what, if he says no, it still signals that Miami is committed to dancing with the big dogs. And then guys like Kiffin and Fickell can take you seriously.

Sure this is fantasy land but it is fantasy land by UM’s CHOICE. So, they will probably DECIDE to hire someone the complete opposite of significance

Advertisement
Tier 1: Stoops, Cristobal, Kiffin, Freeze
No order, I'd be ok with every one of the four. One thing that worries me about Stoops and Mario: conservative offenses.
Tier 2: Billy Napier
I'm intrigued by this guy, don't know why.
Tier 3: Tom Herman
Do not love it, but I can see why he could be a candidate.

I'd like Fickell too in that Tier 1 but I think is USC bound until proven otherwise.

Darkhorse: The Pirate, Mike Leach.

This is where I'm at.
Lol, Leach?!?! His high powered offense did less against Bama than ours!

Stoops HAS to be the top target. The guy is a scrapper, and you can’t afford another bad hire.

Mike Gundy has to be right there with stoops as the top target although I’d love to get him, but don’t think he leaves Oklahoma state.

2 other possibilities:

Matt Campbell at Iowa state

Kirk Ferentz: similar to Gundy his demeanor on the sideline is the opposite of Manny, which I LOVE. No matter the situation he doesn’t flinch whether he’s up 14 or down 14.

I also wouldn’t be opposed to getting a young guy who built up a G5 program.
Hard to believe His Mulletness is leaving Stillwater for Coral Gables.

BUT... he is a grown man and we do need a grown man as HC.

Advertisement
The best chance to get Lane was when he was at FAU dying to get back to P5.

He would not have left Miami to go to Ole Miss unless he was failing. But I also do not think he will leave Ole Miss to go to Miami.

You guys are obsessed with former Cane coaches & players, literally trapped in yesteryear...

Cristobal, Stoops, Schiano, Ed Orgeron etc.. The only reason why these guys ever get mentioned on here is because they once used to coach here lol.

Last edited:
Yall always act like yall know who ain't coming do yall have their personal contact or something yall don't know what situation the other coaches in or might want a change of scenery.. but continue with your internet information.. I'll just wait for the university to put out their information on what coaches they see fit.. listening to yall throwing ***** on the wall hoping it sticks..
Speculating on who the next HC is going to be is the only fun to be had as a Canes fan at the moment.

Advertisement
Stoops HAS to be the top target. The guy is a scrapper, and you can’t afford another bad hire.

Mike Gundy has to be right there with stoops as the top target although I’d love to get him, but don’t think he leaves Oklahoma state.

2 other possibilities:

Matt Campbell at Iowa state

Kirk Ferentz: similar to Gundy his demeanor on the sideline is the opposite of Manny, which I LOVE. No matter the situation he doesn’t flinch whether he’s up 14 or down 14.

I also wouldn’t be opposed to getting a young guy who built up a G5 program.
Are you willing to give Stoops 7-8 years to turn this program around, just like Kentucky has given him? Let me help you, the answer is no and Stoops knows it. Not one coach on your list is a viable option.

Speculating on who the next HC is going to be is the only fun to be had as a Canes fan at the moment.

Yup, right now i can dream of Urban Myer bringing INSTANT credibility and results. And me spending almost 2k for tickets for a family of four to watch what i know will be an exciting product on the field with NATIONAL TITLE implications. I was at UM vs ND in 2017 WITH my wife and two kids. It is a night we will never forget. I want a coach with whom i can take nights like that for granted, not winning all the time because that doesnt happen, but being in those games more often than not. I can dream it until Miami hires some guy who may be the next big thing from some small school where he has never done anything close to what i dream about.

agree on nearly all of this, good overview, but just curious- why do you think clawson is a no-go?
He’s never been anywhere with the level of expectations that we have here. His resume is good for a low expectations P5 school, but idk if it’ll translate to this level. His recruiting also leaves a lot to be desired.

Advertisement
Back