Post-Paradise Camp Q&A

Different approach as in being more selective with scholarship offers like putting emphasis on finding DBs who are undervalued as opposed to prioritizing highly rated SoFlo recruits? (an example would be taking a recruit like Asante Samuel jr last cycle over other prioritized recruits). Or will the staff look solely for DBs who fit a certain Physical requisite (size, speed,physicality) even if they’re projects with upside (D.Good) that fit schematically or can be coachable? or will DB recruiting expand beyond SoFlo into more of a national scale?

Miami kind of did that this year but shortly after they moved on from Chris Steele, when it was clear he wasn’t coming to Miami. Miami has put emphasis on Couch and Brownlee instead of wasting a ton of resources on a long shot such as Dent. The staff is looking for a certain mold which is why we saw them passing on Sango and Davis, both good players in their own right too. It’s a mix of both of what you asked though. They want guys who are fast, long and rangy and physical.

Advertisement
Are there any OT's for this cycle that might receive an offer outside of the few names that have already been spoken about over the last few months?

How many OL do you think we take this cycle?

None at this moment outside of the ones that have been talked about. Could change maybe after kids finish their season. Always late risers.

3. 4 if an elite kid wants in.

Saw on twitter, the NY DT got an offer from us tonight. Did he impress? Seems like a reach with Daxon (potential drop), Holley, Munoz, and Ingraham (cane lean) as a potential class.

Never oblivious to their $influence$ in SoFla. But I graduated from Belen and so did my brother just a couple months ago. I’m pretty involved with the school from an Alumni standpoint and keep up with sports in the school as I played baseball there. I honestly didn’t think Chaney would finish out his career at Belen. Figured he would’ve transferred to Columbus, Aquinas, or somewhere else, even with his dad working there.

The kid has honestly shocked me with his character in that he knows his numbers might not be as good as elsewhere despite his talent. Wherever the kid lines up, all 22 eyes on the defense are looking at him. The blocking he gets isn’t superb either especially considering Belen competes in 8A with the big boys and, let’s face it, we don’t have specimens on the line to block.

There’s a picture of the Kirbster somewhere out there with the coaching staff and his dad. A couple pics of the staff with Richt and some of the other Miami staff like Banda, Diaz, and Brown. Everyone except Saban and his **** chopper have stopped by the school. If this kid ends up at an $EC school it won’t be because of $. The dad and him pride themselves on high character over everything else.

Totally agreed on every point. Have met and talked with him and his dad quite a few times in person and I talk with Don here and there. Very good kid. Smart, humble and disciplined.

Miami kind of did that this year but shortly after they moved on from Chris Steele, when it was clear he wasn’t coming to Miami. Miami has put emphasis on Couch and Brownlee instead of wasting a ton of resources on a long shot such as Dent. The staff is looking for a certain mold which is why we saw them passing on Sango and Davis, both good players in their own right too. It’s a mix of both of what you asked though. They want guys who are fast, long and rangy and physical.

I like it.

Advertisement
Saw on twitter, the NY DT got an offer from us tonight. Did he impress? Seems like a reach with Daxon (potential drop), Holley, Munoz, and Ingraham (cane lean) as a potential class.

He was ok. He didn’t wow but he had some solid reps. I wasn’t with the OL/DL whole night, bounces around from different sections. Erick was with OL/DL for a while and had same view.

That was one of the worst clips I've ever seen. By my count, he said uh or um 31 times in 2 minutes. He sounds like the special needs cop on family guy. "How'd I get into coaching? Um.. I uh.. Sucked as a player & um.. it was something.. Uh.. Different." Just pathetic. Really oozes confidence. Smh.. How in the fvck did someone interview this guy & come away impressed enough to offer him a job?
"Golden Error"

How do we stand with Marcus Rosemy? Is a decision coming anytime soon?
For real Rosemy has been my fave reciver so far for 2020! Did you sww the video of Solomon yellin in the background? Lol i think hea coming Harley is kind of his mentor also.

Advertisement
Who gets dropped first out of the CB commits?

And does the staff view Nunn as a CB or S?

Asked this in another thread...So I'll just put it here too

Opinion on any QB being good enough for a late offer? Valenti? Was one qb clearly best there?

Any thought on his Josey and Ramad Smith looked?

Advertisement
Who gets dropped first out of the CB commits?

And does the staff view Nunn as a CB or S?

If someone were, my guess would be Good but it’s still hypothetical at the moment.

They view him at either, he’s versatile.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back