Post-Paradise Camp Q&A

What’s going on with Cam Williams and Daxon?

Nothing really with Cam Williams, he was at Miami Nights and Miami has still been on him. If anything changes I will let you guys know.

Regarding Daxon, it appears his status is up in the air as he didn’t attend Miami Nights nor Paradise. He was expected to show up on Saturday but he was not there.

Advertisement
What’s the reason we keep missing on the top defensive backs in the area it goes back as far as I can remember with Patrick Peterson

I had went in depth on this a while back but a lot has to do with the image of Miami’s defensive backs under Golden and Paul Williams. Banda and Rumph are doing a good job of repairing this and have landed studs. Some guys will get away, the nature of the beast.

Whether this is hearsay or not, I was told from multiple sources that Peterson(Johnson) took a bag for his services at LSU and had asked Randy Shannon if Miami could match it as Miami was his dream school. They could not.

As Richt kind of hinted in his presser at Paradise, Miami is doing everything they can within the rules. A clean program.

I heard Chaney is listening very intently to GA. Just a heads up. Expect them to be involved down the stretch.

Yes they are actively recruiting him but Miami has built a very good and longstanding relationship with him and his father. If his signing day was today, I would confidently say Miami but is still a very long time away.

Advertisement
I had went in depth on this a while back but a lot has to do with the image of Miami’s defensive backs under Golden and Paul Williams. Banda and Rumph are doing a good job of repairing this and have landed studs. Some guys will get away, the nature of the beast.

Whether this is hearsay or not, I was told from multiple sources that Peterson(Johnson) took a bag for his services at LSU and had asked Randy Shannon if Miami could match it as Miami was his dream school. They would not.

As Richt kind of hinted in his presser at Paradise, Miami is doing everything they can within the rules. A clean program.

fify

Whether this is hearsay or not, I was told from multiple sources that Peterson(Johnson) took a bag for his services at LSU and had asked Randy Shannon if Miami could match it as Miami was his dream school. They could not.

Not hearsay.....

Advertisement
How are we looking with Demarkus Bowman? How about Jalen Carter?
Very good position with Jalen Carter according to a former teammate of his that I spoke to prior to Paradise. Jess Simpson is extremely high on Carter. Bowman I haven’t heard too much on but I’m sure if Miami can land one of Zipperer or Summerrall or both, it would help as he’s close with both of the 2019 prospects.

In your (@Geo305) opinion, what was the overall feel/reaction/feedback of the camp from the uncommitted kids? Any potential flips on the horizon besides Haselwood (it will happen) and the Louisville kid?
It was honestly all positive. As for flips, I’m very confident about on Kinsler based on info I received a few weeks back which Stefan mentioned. Before paradise I was told by a source close to Haselwood, that if he flips from UGA it would be Oklahoma but I did hear he had a good time during the weekend here.

I appreciate that info so do you feel like if we have a great season that we can sway a few more elite kids or are we sold on the three star guys we have on the backend

Advertisement

Amazing how much this program got sent back under Golden, in 4 years he was able to set this team back decades, it’s a miracle Richt got us to relevancy this quick, do you feel as if the staff will take a different approach to recruiting DBs in the future? How many years till our stained image with DBs is cleaned?

Advertisement
I appreciate that info so do you feel like if we have a great season that we can sway a few more elite kids or are we sold on the three star guys we have on the backend

Maybe a surprise national guy or two which Miami has shown the last few classes they can land. I wouldn’t give any names at this point because I can’t even predict that at this moment.

I also believe this staff is trusting their evaluations and they have proven well over time with guys who are unfairly rated. I feel this way about Crowley, Eguakan, Harvey, Cam, Brooks and Brownlee who are currently committed. Obviously the way rankings politics work not all will get bumps but I’m confident that Crowley, Harvey, Brooks and Brownlee can walk away with a 4 star before the cycle ends.

This dude doesn't even sound like he likes coaching football. Jesus.

We are still paying for Al Golden's sins while other teams are paying for 5 stars.

Amazing how much this program got sent back under Golden, in 4 years he was able to set this team back decades, it’s a miracle Richt got us to relevancy this quick, do you feel as if the staff will take a different approach to recruiting DBs in the future? How many years till our stained image with DBs is cleaned?

Kids are starting to see the change and are buying in but it did hurt us a bit in the 2017 cycle with some targets. In a different approach do you mean as in the size and speed requisite or physicality, could you expand on it a bit more so I could answer for you?

Advertisement
Back