Post-Paradise Camp Q&A

Advertisement
I heard Chaney is listening very intently to GA. Just a heads up. Expect them to be involved down the stretch.

Not surprising. They're in on most of the kids we are recruiting, even ones that have verballed to us.

Last edited:
I had went in depth on this a while back but a lot has to do with the image of Miami’s defensive backs under Golden and Paul Williams. Banda and Rumph are doing a good job of repairing this and have landed studs. Some guys will get away, the nature of the beast.

Whether this is hearsay or not, I was told from multiple sources that Peterson(Johnson) took a bag for his services at LSU and had asked Randy Shannon if Miami could match it as Miami was his dream school. They could not.

As Richt kind of hinted in his presser at Paradise, Miami is doing everything they can within the rules. A clean program.
Can't compete that way.

If Michael Jackson and JaQuan Johnson live up to the pre draft hype, and get drafted as speculated in rds 1 and 2 respectively, that it will go a long way in repairing the defensive back image discussed earlier?

Can't compete that way.
We may disagree here, but you absolutely can.

We're 1 great QB away from blowing teams out the water. I think for us going forward, it'll all come down to the QB.

I don't see any absolutely dominant teams in the CFB right now. There's no team that makes you just shake your head in envy and disgust and say "that's just not fair".

Last edited:
Advertisement
This dude doesn't even sound like he likes coaching football. Jesus.

We are still paying for Al Golden's sins while other teams are paying for 5 stars.

Looks like his office doubles as the staff restroom. Looks like a paper towel dispenser in the back. Lol.

Kids are starting to see the change and are buying in but it did hurt us a bit in the 2017 cycle with some targets. In a different approach do you mean as in the size and speed requisite or physicality, could you expand on it a bit more so I could answer for you?
Different approach as in being more selective with scholarship offers like putting emphasis on finding DBs who are undervalued as opposed to prioritizing highly rated SoFlo recruits? (an example would be taking a recruit like Asante Samuel jr last cycle over other prioritized recruits). Or will the staff look solely for DBs who fit a certain Physical requisite (size, speed,physicality) even if they’re projects with upside (D.Good) that fit schematically or can be coachable? or will DB recruiting expand beyond SoFlo into more of a national scale?

Advertisement
How much will UGAy pay Tyrique and his family over the course of his collegiate career, and is there at least a chance Jade will hit him in his friggin mouth if he walks back on campus?

Its the "office" for someone who calls themselves the "Assistant Regional Manager" when they're really just the "Assistant to the Regional Manager"

not assistant coach but assistant to the coach? It all makes sense now! :p

Advertisement

We are still paying for Al Golden's sins while other teams are paying for 5 stars.

That was one of the worst clips I've ever seen. By my count, he said uh or um 31 times in 2 minutes. He sounds like the special needs cop on family guy. "How'd I get into coaching? Um.. I uh.. Sucked as a player & um.. it was something.. Uh.. Different." Just pathetic. Really oozes confidence. Smh.. How in the fvck did someone interview this guy & come away impressed enough to offer him a job?

Nothing really with Cam Williams, he was at Miami Nights and Miami has still been on him. If anything changes I will let you guys know.

Regarding Daxon, it appears his status is up in the air as he didn’t attend Miami Nights nor Paradise. He was expected to show up on Saturday but he was not there.
I foresee him going elsewhere.

Advertisement
Are there any OT's for this cycle that might receive an offer outside of the few names that have already been spoken about over the last few months?

How many OL do you think we take this cycle?

The dude is a 5 star type, and $UGA$ is heavily involved down here, with him and many others. Doesnt mean he is $EC bound, it just means dont be naive about outside influences either.
Never oblivious to their $influence$ in SoFla. But I graduated from Belen and so did my brother just a couple months ago. I’m pretty involved with the school from an Alumni standpoint and keep up with sports in the school as I played baseball there. I honestly didn’t think Chaney would finish out his career at Belen. Figured he would’ve transferred to Columbus, Aquinas, or somewhere else, even with his dad working there.

The kid has honestly shocked me with his character in that he knows his numbers might not be as good as elsewhere despite his talent. Wherever the kid lines up, all 22 eyes on the defense are looking at him. The blocking he gets isn’t superb either especially considering Belen competes in 8A with the big boys and, let’s face it, we don’t have specimens on the line to block.

There’s a picture of the Kirbster somewhere out there with the coaching staff and his dad. A couple pics of the staff with Richt and some of the other Miami staff like Banda, Diaz, and Brown. Everyone except Saban and his **** chopper have stopped by the school. If this kid ends up at an $EC school it won’t be because of $. The dad and him pride themselves on high character over everything else.

If Michael Jackson and JaQuan Johnson live up to the pre draft hype, and get drafted as speculated in rds 1 and 2 respectively, that it will go a long way in repairing the defensive back image discussed earlier?

Yes, what you just mentioned was in that whole post I had explaining the kids views on Miami at DB, it’s changing. This year would be a big step.

This guy! You had to post a video bout this guy. Why did ya do this to us? Gonna have a flare up of PTSD tonight.

Advertisement
Back