Post-camp thoughts (long)

Advertisement
The main thing our LBs need to improve, which you wont be able to tell in practices, is their play recognition and reading keys. We always focus on speed.and athletics, to be elite you usually need that but there are ton of good players who don't have pro measurements. They simply know how to read the game and are where they need to be.
right, but all Flagg has shown in games and in the spring game is that he does not actually make any plays. He may make the correct read but his physical limitations have made it so he is not in the right position to make a play. He graded out as the very worst ACC linebacker against the run who played significant snaps last year ( I think that was the stat Lance provided in a write up) and finished the season with 1 solo tackle. Think this is a blind spot for our coaches, hope I'm wrong.

right, but all Flagg has shown in games and in the spring game is that he does not actually make any plays. He may make the correct read but his physical limitations have made it so he is not in the right position to make a play. He graded out as the very worst ACC linebacker against the run who played significant snaps last year ( I think that was the stat Lance provided in a write up) and finished the season with 1 solo tackle. Think this is a blind spot for our coaches, hope I'm wrong.
Flagg had 1 solo tackle last yr

Yes… 1 solo tackle

ford doesn't have the dawg in him. i just don't see it. silvera has it some of the time, willis had it ALL OF THE TIME. Ford, not so much. I think that's what he's lacking and that isn't teachable. you have it or you don't have it.
Could be

Don’t get me wrong in no way shape or form am I suggesting he’s Willis

im much much higher on Nesta as well

What I did expect was more productivity than we saw last year I guess was my point

Advertisement
Wait what?!? Lmao, nah. That can’t be right.
FAD9645A-49BB-4BE2-9B56-3C55200ECC08.jpeg

Advertisement
This times a billion @Cribby @k9cane or anybody that has attended the practice. Is Flagg actually making plays or playing band director

This times a billion @Cribby @k9cane or anybody that has attended the practice. Is Flagg actually making plays or playing band director

OK, I haven't been to any practices (Im 3000 miles away) but I do know some folks I trust that have seen practices/scrimmages, etc.

I can't say flagg has ever been highlighted at LB. But I get the sense that they are trying their best to get the two/three best LB's(who are athletic) on the field at the same time, which is why guys like Cave have gotten mentioned, and now I guess Brooks at the MIKE, which I found interesting

With that said, I REALLY like what Im hearing about this squad. (still dont like that opener, but it is what it is)

Advertisement
The writeup I've been waiting for. Great hearing OL size and improvement. Pope and Wiggins had many chances to prove their worth, play the Freshmen since they are better and will be counted on next year.

I agree that playing Chase at LB would solve our major issue at the position, speed and size. Then we'll have have 2 high caliber LB'ers to go with our quality Strikers and allow Jim Williams to come up, cover TE, support the run and blitz inside with length and outside with speed and size. JJ and Butch wouldn't hesitate to put a stud in position to impact the game.

Good news re DT. Seems like a nice rotation if Ford and Miller can stuff the middle and get some push. JHH and Lenny Taylor will give us the size and quickness in a JHH/Miller combination or Taylor/Ford. Nesta needs to learn technique, he ain't the big dog anymore.

Flagg is a guy who reads his keys. He’s limited physically but he knows where he needs to be. He can be a solid starter here IMO

Flagg is a guy who reads his keys. He’s limited physically but he knows where he needs to be. He can be a solid starter here IMO
Flagg also doesn’t need to be a super star if our DL holds their own. Being in the right place at the right time is all we need.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back