Possibly the next commit?

Advertisement
Miami likes his work ethic.

Doesn't want to keep Miami waiting. Will probably commit soon.

Won't commit at Spring Game. Has to take ACT.

Thinks he's basically a Cane already.

Says committment wont be at spring game because he has ACT testing than. Says hes 90% cane and basically only a matter of time because he loves miami and doesnt want to lose his spot.

Thanks for the info guys, I can say that I am a huge fan of this guy not just because he feels like a true Cane but he worked his *** off for the schollie and look where he is now. That's why I get mad when fans get mad that players they think deserve offers I just say go out and earn it.The staff will communicate with you and tell you what they want and if you earn it then you will get an offer that you dreamed of just like Mike did.

Advertisement
Says committment wont be at spring game because he has ACT testing than. Says hes 90% cane and basically only a matter of time because he loves miami and doesnt want to lose his spot.

Thanks Tim, I thought your last sentence was interesting with him saying he doesn't want to lose a spot. I wonder if staff is telling kids they are taking first come first serve type of commits or what. I think Smith will be one of our LBs in this class imo.

Thanks Tim, I thought your last sentence was interesting with him saying he doesn't want to lose a spot. I wonder if staff is telling kids they are taking first come first serve type of commits or what. I think Smith will be one of our LBs in this class imo.

I think it's more that they don't want to be played so if a top guy they like wants a guaranteed spot its best to commit early but if you want to wait you better be real or your schollie can be gone. No more Matthew Thomas situations and I agree Smith will be a linebacker and he is important because of the lack of LBs out there

I think JoJo flips pretty soon. Add Smith & Martinez in the next few weeks also. Then if Sony were to commit, I think you'd see even high priority NSD guys trying to get in early too. This is going to be a fun year for recruiting!

Advertisement
I think JoJo flips pretty soon. Add Smith & Martinez in the next few weeks also. Then if Sony were to commit, I think you'd see even high priority NSD guys trying to get in early too. This is going to be a fun year for recruiting!

I'd love to stick it right up FSU's ***. Flip JoJo and pull Martinez. **** the Seminoles. Hard.

/pause

Mike smith works hard love him he will work his tail off where ever golden wants him lets goooo

Honestly it just seems like he is a smart enough kid and understands the process that if two linebackers committed his spot isnt guarenteed. Next time hes on campus it will be a wrap. Jojo will follow suit as well.

Advertisement
I grew up in Miami, and I honestly think Al Golden was blindsided by the flakiness down here. I don't think in 2014 he will be as inclined to chase 17 year old's wild gooses around, especially the closer we get to signing day. It is just a different culture. In other parts of America, if you tell somebody something, you mean it. Here, half these kids tell all the schools recruiting them the exact same thing so nobody knows anything.

Mike smith works hard love him he will work his tail off where ever golden wants him lets goooo

I'll take that 8 days a week over entitled 5 star players. I always think 5 star recruits dont win championships, and neither do 2 star recruits. Good football players win and it takes hard work to get there. Theres kids who show up to every practice on time and think that makes them hard workers. Then theres kids who get it done in the classroom, study extra film, workout before and after practice finishes, and those are the kids you want.

I grew up in Miami, and I honestly think Al Golden was blindsided by the flakiness down here. I don't think in 2014 he will be as inclined to chase 17 year old's wild gooses around, especially the closer we get to signing day. It is just a different culture. In other parts of America, if you tell somebody something, you mean it. Here, half these kids tell all the schools recruiting them the exact same thing so nobody knows anything.

100% agree. The recruiting game in the northeast is far different. He often was the first coach to offer a player which is why he is so good at evaluating talent. Down here its much different so there's a learning curve. I've been a big fan the way he's handled recruiting though and I see this year being HUGE for us.

Advertisement
People keep talkin Jojo but does the staff feel the same way? Where do you guys think he is at big board wise? Just curious..I admit I wasnt that impressed with him to be begging him to switch and all..JMO..

I think the ONLY kids Al will wait for this year until NSD is Ermon Lane, Khari Clark and MAYBE Chad Thomas. I think if he could take back his statement last year when he said, "We are patient with our hometown kids and we will wait for them." he would. Al wont get fooled again. Hence, Michael Smith statement about not wanting to lose his spot. I think it is really first come, first serve with about 95% of these kids from here on out after he got embarrassed last year.

Advertisement
Back