Possibly the next commit?

The harder this staff works behind the scenes at recruiting South Florida, the more and more BTW kids and Melted Ice Harris will be on the outside looking in! Love the developing drama!!

Advertisement
I really like this kids game. Explosive first step and stays tight and low around the edge. I know he had 18 sacks last year but I have a question for Pete/Money/ other So. Fl people who have seen him play. What will he look like in our scheme? Does he play the run well or is he strictly a get to the qb guy? Since he just moved to OLB I imagine there isn't much of a sample size for his coverage skills or his ability to tackle in space. He looks like he could be a Bruce Irvin type of end, but I also know we don't really play that style. Thanks!

People keep talkin Jojo but does the staff feel the same way? Where do you guys think he is at big board wise? Just curious..I admit I wasnt that impressed with him to be begging him to switch and all..JMO..

I think the ONLY kids Al will wait for this year until NSD is Ermon Lane, Khari Clark and MAYBE Chad Thomas. I think if he could take back his statement last year when he said, "We are patient with our hometown kids and we will wait for them." he would. Al wont get fooled again. Hence, Michael Smith statement about not wanting to lose his spot. I think it is really first come, first serve with about 95% of these kids from here on out after he got embarrassed last year.

+ Sony. Any coach would wait on him if he had to.

I know he had 18 sacks last year but I have a question for Pete/Money/ other So. Fl people who have seen him play. What will he look like in our scheme? Does he play the run well or is he strictly a get to the qb guy? Since he just moved to OLB I imagine there isn't much of a sample size for his coverage skills or his ability to tackle in space. He looks like he could be a Bruce Irvin type of end, but I also know we don't really play that style. Thanks!

Smith would probably play the Tyriq McCord role at SAM.

He played the run well as a down lineman in high school, but we won't really know anything about his linebacker skills until spring. I'd like to see him run LB drills at the Golden Camp as well.

Is it just me or does Michael Smith look like an absolute beast? I don't know why this kids getting overlooked by other schools but this just looks like a mean ****.

Advertisement
Is it just me or does Michael Smith look like an absolute beast? I don't know why this kids getting overlooked by other schools but this just looks like a mean ****.

His eyes. Look at his eyes.

Blood in one eye, siht in the other, and none of it bodes well for his opponents.

southern. savage. *****.

That's it right there. This is the exact kind of guy on want on this defense. He isn't playing football out there, he's hunting. He isn't rushing the QB, he's pursuing his kill. He closes in on the Qb with the speed and ferocity of a blood thirsty carnivore. He's a ruthless, disruptive, force.

Oh, and he gives interviews with his dreads swinging and Rick Ross in the background. If you created the prototypical Canes defender in the lab, it'd be Mike Smith

[video=youtube;ax0-EHonrQg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax0-EHonrQg[/video]

southern. savage. *****.

That's it right there. This is the exact kind of guy on want on this defense. He isn't playing football out there, he's hunting. He isn't rushing the QB, he's pursuing his kill. He closes in on the Qb with the speed and ferocity of a blood thirsty carnivore. He's a ruthless, disruptive, force.

Oh, and he gives interviews with his dreads swinging and Rick Ross in the background. If you created the prototypical Canes defender in the lab, it'd be Mike Smith

[video=youtube;ax0-EHonrQg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax0-EHonrQg[/video]

He is a rastafarian

I grew up in Miami, and I honestly think Al Golden was blindsided by the flakiness down here. I don't think in 2014 he will be as inclined to chase 17 year old's wild gooses around, especially the closer we get to signing day. It is just a different culture. In other parts of America, if you tell somebody something, you mean it. Here, half these kids tell all the schools recruiting them the exact same thing so nobody knows anything.
AMEN! I think AG has benefited from having Coley on staff and not having a bunch of Northeast guys who don't really understand the animal South Florida football recruiting is. He's a closer, but I feel he's positioned himself with better setup men with the recruiters he has now.

Advertisement
People keep talkin Jojo but does the staff feel the same way? Where do you guys think he is at big board wise? Just curious..I admit I wasnt that impressed with him to be begging him to switch and all..JMO..

I think the ONLY kids Al will wait for this year until NSD is Ermon Lane, Khari Clark and MAYBE Chad Thomas. I think if he could take back his statement last year when he said, "We are patient with our hometown kids and we will wait for them." he would. Al wont get fooled again. Hence, Michael Smith statement about not wanting to lose his spot. I think it is really first come, first serve with about 95% of these kids from here on out after he got embarrassed last year.

I've noticed a lot of people seem to be "meh" with him.

I think he'll be a beast. I'll take JoJo/Rudolph switch every day.

Come on down Mr Smith! Love this guys game. High motor, outstanding closing speed. Agree with the fitting him into the expected McCord role.

Advertisement

I think he'll be a beast. I'll take JoJo/Rudolph switch every day.

Would probably benefit us with the city kids too. Isn't JoJo kind of a big deal down there?

I think he'll be a beast. I'll take JoJo/Rudolph switch every day.[/QUOTE]

Would probably benefit us with the city kids too. Isn't JoJo kind of a big deal down there?[/QUOTE]

JoJo was a optomist legend in the mold of Duke Johnson, Teddy Bridgewater.

Another thing....Mike Smith is being coach PERSONALLY by Uncle Luke as Luke moved him to Linebacker so um can get a better look at him...so there goes to show where his allegiance lies....I fully expect Smith to be bussin heads this spring...and with some added weight look out for this guy at SAM backer.....our staff seems to likes these types...Mccord, Gabe Terry......Terry played de his WHOLE sr year...and he has been solid here at lb so far....Smith's going to be a year earlier in development....

Advertisement
The next commit will be a kid from a Catholic school with a 3.4 GPA who's a Team Captain.

yup..
Who dis
Martinez but i saw him do n interview on rivals on the 1st and he was talking up UGA and saying how he's going to be taking visits all summer long and for the rest of April so idk if he will commit so early

The Noles have been really really confident about Martinez for a while now, so to secure a commit from Martinez would be great. If we do end up snatching Martinez right up under them, then their OL recruiting will have officially entered rarified air that is only matched by our DT recruiting......

Advertisement
Back