Positives

Advertisement
We played two very real opponents. Bethune should be a game to try new things. Get new looks with guys moving around. Especially on the defense.

Tune up and get ready to run the tables

I agree OP were young and have alot of talent these 2 games are tuff to swallow cause we should have won both games! Jarren throwing for 306 yards an 2 tds an no turnovers again Thats a big positive! Our OLine is young. The team is playing hard but lets be real Shaq, Pickney, DJ, and Bandy are our best players (leaders) and NONE of them are Elite! We can be a good team but its a first year coach give it time!

Advertisement
Those ripping Manny are failing to recognize the positives. Punting was broke, he fixed it. The offense was worse then broke and we see positive production. We lost two games that we had a chance to win on the last play of both games against quality opponents. The NC QB played better then Franks yet they were lucky to win. Look at the reaction from Mullen and Mack, both were overly excited that their teams won realizing they just barely beat a superior time.

Winning is a habit but unfortunately so is losing. WE WILL START WINNING ! All the pieces are coming together but so many here fail to recognize that we do have some areas that still need correcting. Last year it was Feagles, this year it looks like Baxa is choking and the more he misses the more he will doubt himself. We are two field goals away from probably being 2-0 against, like I said, quality opponents. How many times have we started any season with two road games against opponents that are this tough to beat?

Wake up fans and appreciate the direction this program is going and I guarantee Diaz is working his butt off to get this headed in the right direction. Fixing the obvious problems was anticipated, the poor performance by Baxa was not obvious. We are a super young team with lots of talent that has not gelled yet. Be patient and enjoy the ride, things will improve in a dynamic and powerful way. I would rather end the season winning instead of winning early and collapsing. Believe me, the wins are coming and soon!

Don't be a bandwagon fan!
Excellent post. The band wagoners may want to jump off now & find another team. Obviously they weren't bright enough to see that when Manny took over things wouldn't get fixed overnight. I really praying Baxa can keep his composure in the weeks to come & get it together.

All above are strong indications of an organization prone to catastrophic "one time" failures/errors.

The root cause of these continual out of standard occurrences must be ruthlessly dealt with.

Top 10 programs don't have these occur at the rate Miami does last 2 seasons.

Except we aren’t a Top 10 program so why are you having expectations of one? Because we did something 16 years ago?

This program needs a solid 2-3 years of 9-10 wins a year first. I’ll wait to see that and then have high expectations. Is Diaz the guy? Who knows but I’ll give him credit for at least being flexible and not being stubborn to change things.

This off season will say a lot about him if he doesn’t get rid of certain coaches

We played two very real opponents. Bethune should be a game to try new things. Get new looks with guys moving around. Especially on the defense.

Tune up and get ready to run the tables
If we could play fake opponents every week, just think about how much we’d improve!

Except we aren’t a Top 10 program so why are you having expectations of one? Because we did something 16 years ago?

This program needs a solid 2-3 years of 9-10 wins a year first. I’ll wait to see that and then have high expectations. Is Diaz the guy? Who knows but I’ll give him credit for at least being flexible and not being stubborn to change things.

This off season will say a lot about him if he doesn’t get rid of certain coaches

9-10 wins aren't good enough to put Miami back to relevancy in 2-3 years.

At that win pace, fans will need to have Clemson like patience...now we are talking a 5-7 year horizon.

Advertisement
Excellent post. The band wagoners may want to jump off now & find another team. Obviously they weren't bright enough to see that when Manny took over things wouldn't get fixed overnight. I really praying Baxa can keep his composure in the weeks to come & get it together.

He was part of the coaching staff when things were broken. I just dont understand why people expect him to fix things when he was part of the problem before.

I do like the optimism. The one thing I wish we would fix, that has plagued us for years, is starting fast. We always dig a hole. Had they come out and contained the first quarter last night, we would have destroyed them. We did destroy them the last three quarters. We are always so **** nonchalant at the start of games. Rather than dance around, we need to punch people in the face.

100% agree. I read some players quotes saying "One team looked like they played last week, one team looked like they had the week off." For ****'s sake. Now, HAVING a bye week is a bad thing.

The expectation is that at some point, you start to turn the corner. The way you do that is by winning games like last night. You win the games you're supposed to win (we do that about 40% of the time). And every now and then, you win the games you're not expected to win (we do that 0% of the time).

Look at Clemson. They go to this point when they stopped losing to the ACC teams on their schedule. That's how you put together 9-10 win seasons. Now you've got something to sell to recruits. Then you bring those kids in and now you start winning the big games. It's not complicated. It all starts with taking care of those games in your division. When we can start doing that, things will change. Last night did not move us in that direction.

Advertisement
not-this-****-again.jpg

Look on the brightside, at least we won't be facing Wisconsin in a bowl game this year! Lol

Advertisement
I guess were going to have to build in steps. I love Manny, but cant lie im shocked were 0-2 and not 2-0. I dont have any idea what happened to the defense last night. Good thing is hes a young coach that had shown the ability to adapt which is the most important thing. We all had to suffer from the stubbornness of Randy, Golden, Richt and it was so frustrating. Positives are we have a QB that can actually throw the ball. O line looked improved. We have a guy that can punt the ball. Think about how much of a jv highschool team we were with a QB like Rosier and a punter like Feagles. Baby steps.

Advertisement
Back