Positive outlook on the season

Advertisement
According to this forum, if you root for anything good this season then you're a Golden fan. Even though not one of us has said he's a good coach.

I'll say it. He's a good coach who has made some questionable decisions.

Golden is a good coach?

I guess being winless vs FSU, winless in bowl games, never coaching in January, never winning 10+ games, and never winning your conference means you are a good coach.

I remember the same things being said about another loser coach of ours for about 4 years, who took over a team crippled by NCAA restrictions.
You same guys, actually probably your fathers hated Jimmy until he won a National Championship, which I think was his first Bowl Win at Miami, and you
roasted Butch for 4 years. You guys also roasted Coker 2 years after he lost to Ohio State.

The thing I find absolutely hilarious is that none of your craziness or my faith matters.

The guy is our coach until 2019.

And if he isn't, then so be it. We will get the cheapest coach we can find because we will be be paying Golden twice as much as we will be able to afford to pay a new coach, because we are a private school with tight purse strings.

It wasn't until Golden got here that Miami football actually had better facilities that probably every school in the country except The University Of Hawaii.
He leaves, and our next two recruiting classes will be shiit.
Don't think so? Think again. As much as you morons think he is a shiit recruiter, he is actually one of the best.
Look at our team now, through all the class levels. Loaded with future NFL talent recruited while the Sword of Damocles was over our head for 3 of the past 4 years.

We were a national joke before Golden got here. Don't think so? Ask Alonzo Highsmith. We were projected to be disbanded by every major sports media outlet a couple months after he got here, and he decided to stay.
Guy's got guts. Every other coach in America would have left us high and dry.

I read an article that said if Miami is undefeated after FSU then we will be a top ten ranked team.

That tells me we are close, and if you combine the talent we have, with the chemistry, hunger and leadership that seems to have pervaded every aspect of our program, then I believe you vocal minority members will be choking on your vomit in a couple months.

Many of you only know our glory days through youtube and articles.

I saw it first hand. Every single minute of it. From Howard's big win against Penn State until now, and I'm telling you I've seen this year before twice.
I've seen when all the elements combined out of the abyss to create the perfect storm.
Those two times we were led by an inexperienced 2nd year quarterback, with talent across the board, chemistry and an unbelievable hunger.
One year we beat Nebraska by a point in the Orange Bowl, and the other we got screwed and ended up kicking the Shiit out the gators in the Sugar Bowl.

Hate all you want, but be prepared. This team is going to a lot better than everyone seems to think, and it will all be because of the coaching.
Officially the dumbest post in the history of this site

Rudeputa took the summer off to charge his mongoloid batteries. He's back and worse than ever.

The thing is Golden coaches "not to loose" as opposed to "trying to win". When you have the talent that Miami has, that is a course for disaster. It lets less talented teams hang with us and equal talent/better coached teams dictate the game on their terms (last years NU and GT games) This sucks not only because it is a bad fit for Miami, but also kills fan support as we EXPECT to dominate, not just win. Either Golden shakes that conservative approach as he has nothing to loose, or he get canned at the end of the year. As a Canes fan, I hope for the former, but as a rational adult, I expect the later.

Another year of Al Golden, another year of checking the scoreboard on my phone.. Smfh

Al should be fired when "we" lose to FSU again.. Right away

My source on the BOT actually said "expect him to get Kiffin'd if he comes back with a L" in reference to that game.

Another year of Al Golden, another year of checking the scoreboard on my phone.. Smfh

My source on the BOT actually said "expect him to get Kiffin'd if he comes back with a L" in reference to that game.
Hopefully they force him to run through that **** gauntlet while the players beat him with bars of soap stuffed in pillow cases.

Advertisement
rude used to post at the eye on the u blog as "nothing but blue skies". same pie eyed bs year in and out. I almost admire the gall. just wow.

just like I told him last year when we went back and forth, if al becomes a head coach, I will admit I was wrong, but am prrrretty **** sure I won't need to. called 5-7. he called 10+...
s.o.s##%.

Hopefully they force him to run through that **** gauntlet while the players beat him with bars of soap stuffed in pillow cases.

"PYLE!!!"

I don't think there is necessarily a set number of games that have to be won or lost that dictate Golden getting fired. I think it is much more important who we beat, how we lose, and when we lose. You can arrive at 8-4 or 9-3 in many different ways. For example, 9-3 with close losses and playing well down the stretch is much different than 9-3 where you squeak out wins against mediocre teams and get blown out a couple of times. I used those two records because 10 wins is probably unrealistic and 7 wins probably does get him fired.

I argee. Compare our 9-4 team in 1999 to our 9-4 team 2013.

Our 9-4 team in 1999 Beat Ohio St won a new year's bowl game. We lost two to the #1 and #2 teams during the regular season and Penn St was #1 for a few weeks in the season and we were a yard away from beating them. Our only bad loss was ECU.

In 99 we played eventual NC FSU team competitive deep in the 4th QTR. In 2013 we got smoked by eventual NC FSU 41-14. Also to get smoked by UL so badly when a huge part of their roster was players from SFL with 3 stars is unforgivable.

2013 is the weakest 9+ win team in the history of UM football. We were lucky to beat WF and UNC. In fact I can't tell the difference between 6-6,7-5,9-4,6-7 teams of the Golden era. Really 9-4 team was the same crap with a easier schedule we subbed ND and KSU for UF 4-8 and Bethune so that and some lucky breaks against WF/UNC is the only reason we won 9 games.

and the pollsters agreed we finished ranked in 1999 and didn't even get voters in 2013.

The post was well thought out and a legitimate opinion was given. What high jacks post like this and sends them into irrevelance is when you attempt to assume motive. "Love Golden"? He never said that but even if he did so be it. It's a point of view. My interpretation is that he Loves the U and like all of us is searching for reasons to be encouraged. Here's mine. This staff has worked harder then any staff on record to build a competetive roster. It would be hard to bet that this year will be successful enough for there not to be a change but the greatest possible benefit for the U would be that they would succeed. I hope they do and that doesn't make me a Golden lover.

According to this forum, if you root for anything good this season then you're a Golden fan. Even though not one of us has said he's a good coach.

Golden is a good coach?

I guess being winless vs FSU, winless in bowl games, never coaching in January, never winning 10+ games, and never winning your conference means you are a good coach.

I remember the same things being said about another loser coach of ours for about 4 years, who took over a team crippled by NCAA restrictions.
You same guys, actually probably your fathers hated Jimmy until he won a National Championship, which I think was his first Bowl Win at Miami, and you
roasted Butch for 4 years. You guys also roasted Coker 2 years after he lost to Ohio State.

The thing I find absolutely hilarious is that none of your craziness or my faith matters.

The guy is our coach until 2019.

And if he isn't, then so be it. We will get the cheapest coach we can find because we will be be paying Golden twice as much as we will be able to afford to pay a new coach, because we are a private school with tight purse strings.

It wasn't until Golden got here that Miami football actually had better facilities that probably every school in the country except The University Of Hawaii.
He leaves, and our next two recruiting classes will be shiit.
Don't think so? Think again. As much as you morons think he is a shiit recruiter, he is actually one of the best.
Look at our team now, through all the class levels. Loaded with future NFL talent recruited while the Sword of Damocles was over our head for 3 of the past 4 years.

We were a national joke before Golden got here. Don't think so? Ask Alonzo Highsmith. We were projected to be disbanded by every major sports media outlet a couple months after he got here, and he decided to stay.
Guy's got guts. Every other coach in America would have left us high and dry.

I read an article that said if Miami is undefeated after FSU then we will be a top ten ranked team.

That tells me we are close, and if you combine the talent we have, with the chemistry, hunger and leadership that seems to have pervaded every aspect of our program, then I believe you vocal minority members will be choking on your vomit in a couple months.

Many of you only know our glory days through youtube and articles.

I saw it first hand. Every single minute of it. From Howard's big win against Penn State until now, and I'm telling you I've seen this year before twice.
I've seen when all the elements combined out of the abyss to create the perfect storm.
Those two times we were led by an inexperienced 2nd year quarterback, with talent across the board, chemistry and an unbelievable hunger.
One year we beat Nebraska by a point in the Orange Bowl, and the other we got screwed and ended up kicking the Shiit out the gators in the Sugar Bowl.

Hate all you want, but be prepared. This team is going to a lot better than everyone seems to think, and it will all be because of the coaching.
I will enjoy bumping this post.

Take care.

Advertisement
Same people with the same posts everyday.

We get it, you love the coach.

Can we have an actual football conversation, mods?
The post was well thought out and a legitimate opinion was given. What high jacks post like this and sends them into irrevelance is when you attempt to assume motive. "Love Golden"? He never said that but even if he did so be it. It's a point of view. My interpretation is that he Loves the U and like all of us is searching for reasons to be encouraged. Here's mine. This staff has worked harder then any staff on record to build a competetive roster. It would be hard to bet that this year will be successful enough for there not to be a change but the greatest possible benefit for the U would be that they would succeed. I hope they do and that doesn't make me a Golden lover.

Good coach based on what?

At least on this site from what I'm reading people are at least keeping the topic of discussion on this year and what can potentially come from it as opposed to other sites that keep trying to ram the "Swag 16" down peoples throats every day.....After the way this past years recruiting class fell apart I can't see why anyone would put faith in something that's still a year away.....

Advertisement
Lmao at "we were a national joke before Golden got here."

We just had a worse record than Shannon did the yesr he got fired.

Please exit to the left rudetuna.

Advertisement
Back