Positive outlook on the season

brock

All-American
If you want us to lose don't root for the canes this fall. And if you can't stand the canes as much as you say you can't don't watch them... It's that simple...Regardless this saga will continue or come to an end within the next 4 months . We waited this long so 4 months will breeze by to be honest. And think about it, if golden did get fired last year would you honestly trust shalalas advice in trying to get a new head coach? Remember we have gone through our worst stretch in the past 33 years with her as president with hiring golden and Shannon.. Probably was best to wait until after she was gone. Now with this season we have the talent, the star qb and have the potential to win big this year however with golden at helm anything is possible either way. I will say I believe golden will more aggressive in games this year as he knows this is it if we don't win the acc championship

I know I'm probably not well liked on here for whatever reason but at the end of the day we are all cane fans, just trying to think positive for the upcoming season. Let's go canes!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think he's fired anyway. Unless he gets to the tourney... Pellini his ***... Last 2 years i was hoping they made a change at the HC... This year i got a feeling its gon happen everything is leaning that way.

The baseball team went to Omaha
The bball team went deep in the tourney
The breadwinner lost in the gyrobowl

The media is turning, change at the top. AD is talking tough...

Last edited:
I think he's fired anyway. Unless he gets to the tourney... Pellini his ***... Last 2 years i was hoping they made a change at the HC... This year i got a feeling its gon happen everything is leaning that way.

The baseball team went to Omaha
The bball team went deep in the tourney
The breadwinner lost in the gyrobowl

The media is turning, change at the top. AD is teaming tough...

I don't think he is safe with losing 4 to be honest. Especially after seeing Blake James comments in the last month and a half or so

If you want us to lose don't root for the canes this fall.

Well duh.

Now with this season we have the talent, the star qb and have the potential to win big this year however with golden at helm anything is possible either way. I will say I believe golden will more aggressive in games this year as he knows this is it if we don't win the acc championship.

All lies and speculation.

I think he'll be fired without 10 wins. I am convinced the only reason a change wasn't made is because of Shalala.

Advertisement
I think he'll be fired without 10 wins. I am convinced the only reason a change wasn't made is because of Shalala.

Clear as day IMO, shalala knew it would look bad if she fired a coach that she essentially lied to get here without telling him of the NCAA situation. Regardless of that golden in all honestly should have been fired a year almost IMO especially after that penn state ordeal when he held our program as hostage and going off the grid during penn states coaching search

Same people with the same posts everyday.

We get it, you love the coach.

Can we have an actual football conversation, mods?

I hate Golden as much as anyone but won't begin rooting for losses until the team performs the annual ritual of completely giving up on the season.

If you want us to lose don't root for the canes this fall. And if you can't stand the canes as much as you say you can't don't watch them... It's that simple...Regardless this saga will continue or come to an end within the next 4 months . We waited this long so 4 months will breeze by to be honest. And think about it, if golden did get fired last year would you honestly trust shalalas advice in trying to get a new head coach? Remember we have gone through our worst stretch in the past 33 years with her as president with hiring golden and Shannon.. Probably was best to wait until after she was gone. Now with this season we have the talent, the star qb and have the potential to win big this year however with golden at helm anything is possible either way. I will say I believe golden will more aggressive in games this year as he knows this is it if we don't win the acc championship

I know I'm probably not well liked on here for whatever reason but at the end of the day we are all cane fans, just trying to think positive for the upcoming season. Let's go canes!

No we don't. We have a 0% chance of winning big this season.

Advertisement

The post was well thought out and a legitimate opinion was given. What high jacks post like this and sends them into irrevelance is when you attempt to assume motive. "Love Golden"? He never said that but even if he did so be it. It's a point of view. My interpretation is that he Loves the U and like all of us is searching for reasons to be encouraged. Here's mine. This staff has worked harder then any staff on record to build a competetive roster. It would be hard to bet that this year will be successful enough for there not to be a change but the greatest possible benefit for the U would be that they would succeed. I hope they do and that doesn't make me a Golden lover.

The post was well thought out and a legitimate opinion was given. What high jacks post like this and sends them into irrevelance is when you attempt to assume motive. "Love Golden"? He never said that but even if he did so be it. It's a point of view. My interpretation is that he Loves the U and like all of us is searching for reasons to be encouraged. Here's mine. This staff has worked harder then any staff on record to build a competetive roster. It would be hard to bet that this year will be successful enough for there not to be a change but the greatest possible benefit for the U would be that they would succeed. I hope they do and that doesn't make me a Golden lover.

According to this forum, if you root for anything good this season then you're a Golden fan. Even though not one of us has said he's a good coach.

According to this forum, if you root for anything good this season then you're a Golden fan. Even though not one of us has said he's a good coach.

I'll say it. He's a good coach who has made some questionable decisions.

Advertisement
What many of you so-called Canes fans don't get is that you can root for the Canes while at the same time consider Golden sub-optimal. I really like the kids on this team and would never root against my Canes.

Face it - Golden and his crew are going to coach the team this season - like it or not - and if you are a fan, you get behind the team. If they have a bad season, then we demand changes at the end of the season, but to endlessly whine about how poor our coaches are, etc, will only hurt the team we love.

This is a pro-Cane site - Let's keep it positive - At least at the beginning of the season!!

What many of you so-called Canes fans don't get is that you can root for the Canes while at the same time consider Golden sub-optimal. I really like the kids on this team and would never root against my Canes.

Face it - Golden and his crew are going to coach the team this season - like it or not - and if you are a fan, you get behind the team. If they have a bad season, then we demand changes at the end of the season, but to endlessly whine about how poor our coaches are, etc, will only hurt the team we love.

This is a pro-Cane site - Let's keep it positive - At least at the beginning of the season!!

Didn't we already demand changes at the end of that abysmal season that just ended? Your thoughts make no sense to me. To some people, maybe they do but to me, I compare it to, say for example, your spouse cheated on you. You would fire him/her after that happened, not think about firing her then stick it out and be optimistic that she wont cheat again. History will repeat itself, once a cheater always a cheater.

Advertisement

Didn't we already demand changes at the end of that abysmal season that just ended? Your thoughts make no sense to me. To some people, maybe they do but to me, I compare it to, say for example, your spouse cheated on you. You would fire him/her after that happened, not think about firing her then stick it out and be optimistic that she wont cheat again. History will repeat itself, once a cheater always a cheater.[/QUOTE

Hmmm - So Golden underperforming is the same as if your wife cheated on you?? That is a bit non-sensical. If she cheated on you, I am sure you would leave her. Then leave the Canes, I guess...?

My point is that since I do not have the power to fire Golden and hire a new coach, I will forget my dislike for him for now - at least at the beginning of the season - and get behind the team. I would love him to prove me wrong and have a kick *** season - wouldn't you?

I don't think there is necessarily a set number of games that have to be won or lost that dictate Golden getting fired. I think it is much more important who we beat, how we lose, and when we lose. You can arrive at 8-4 or 9-3 in many different ways. For example, 9-3 with close losses and playing well down the stretch is much different than 9-3 where you squeak out wins against mediocre teams and get blown out a couple of times. I used those two records because 10 wins is probably unrealistic and 7 wins probably does get him fired.

If the Miami Hurricanes have a good season, Al Golden gets retained.

Anything short of a CFBP championship is a disaster bc Goldens coming back.

Win a CFBP and I'll admit I was wrong. But as soon as we lose that first game I'm all in on tanking.

And we will lose that first game, even with all of the superfans support.

Now with this season we have the talent, the star qb and have the potential to win big this year

Here's the problem, brock, last year set up perfectly for Golden to win big. He had the best QB in the ACC and a laughable amount of NFL talent. He completely bombed.

This is why there is no optimism. Al Golden is not a good football coach. He had arguably more talent than anyone he faced last year outside of FSU, and he lost 7 games. He will never win big. He is a walking disadvantage for any team unlucky enough to have him running their program.

Advertisement
Back