Positive outlook on the season

Watson gets hurt every other game, he'll definitely be out by the time we play

Advertisement
Same people with the same posts everyday.

We get it, you love the coach.

Can we have an actual football conversation, mods?
The post was well thought out and a legitimate opinion was given. What high jacks post like this and sends them into irrevelance is when you attempt to assume motive. "Love Golden"? He never said that but even if he did so be it. It's a point of view. My interpretation is that he Loves the U and like all of us is searching for reasons to be encouraged. Here's mine. This staff has worked harder then any staff on record to build a competetive roster. It would be hard to bet that this year will be successful enough for there not to be a change but the greatest possible benefit for the U would be that they would succeed. I hope they do and that doesn't make me a Golden lover.
Built strong roster? Is that pre or post decommits?

The post was well thought out and a legitimate opinion was given. What high jacks post like this and sends them into irrevelance is when you attempt to assume motive. "Love Golden"? He never said that but even if he did so be it. It's a point of view. My interpretation is that he Loves the U and like all of us is searching for reasons to be encouraged. Here's mine. This staff has worked harder then any staff on record to build a competetive roster. It would be hard to bet that this year will be successful enough for there not to be a change but the greatest possible benefit for the U would be that they would succeed. I hope they do and that doesn't make me a Golden lover.

According to this forum, if you root for anything good this season then you're a Golden fan. Even though not one of us has said he's a good coach.

I'll say it. He's a good coach who has made some questionable decisions.

Golden is a good coach?

I guess being winless vs FSU, winless in bowl games, never coaching in January, never winning 10+ games, and never winning your conference means you are a good coach.

It's impossible being optimistic about an Al Golden led football team.

He isn't a good football coach and he needs to be replaced already.

Advertisement

According to this forum, if you root for anything good this season then you're a Golden fan. Even though not one of us has said he's a good coach.

You belong in an asylum.

LMAO. No wonder you defend him at every turn.

Seriously, stop following football. This is the most absurd thing I've ever read in my life. Al Golden does nothing well as a head coach. He has no tangible evidence to prove he is a good coach. Most importantly, he fails to succeed at the one main thing good coaches excel at: WINNING. He is a loser. But hey guys,

"Charles Manson is a good person who has made some questionable decisions."
"Kim Jong Il is a good leader who has made some questionable decisions."
"Adolf Hitler is a good politician who has made some questionable decisions."

Sweet mother of GOD our fans are terrible. Golden a good coach? The **** is the matter with you?

You're either an extremely casual football fan with female level knowledge of the game, or you're still so enamored with his hair that you just can't admit he's a ******* trainwreck in a tie.

Last edited:
I am cautiously optimistic. As for Golden retaining his job, I can't even gather a guess what the standard he needs to meet this year. There is no telling what the BOT is thinking. I would not put anything pass them in either direction. I believe this is the biggest frustration with fans, the continuing uncertainty. Contractually there is probably a certain dollar figure they would accept on a buyout, but who knows what that is. I Am just going to hope for the best, everything else is beyond my control. Go Canes!

What many of you so-called Canes fans don't get is that you can root for the Canes while at the same time consider Golden sub-optimal. I really like the kids on this team and would never root against my Canes.

Face it - Golden and his crew are going to coach the team this season - like it or not - and if you are a fan, you get behind the team. If they have a bad season, then we demand changes at the end of the season, but to endlessly whine about how poor our coaches are, etc, will only hurt the team we love.

This is a pro-Cane site - Let's keep it positive - At least at the beginning of the season!!

Didn't we already demand changes at the end of that abysmal season that just ended? Your thoughts make no sense to me. To some people, maybe they do but to me, I compare it to, say for example, your spouse cheated on you. You would fire him/her after that happened, not think about firing her then stick it out and be optimistic that she wont cheat again. History will repeat itself, once a cheater always a cheater.[/QUOTE

Hmmm - So Golden underperforming is the same as if your wife cheated on you?? That is a bit non-sensical. If she cheated on you, I am sure you would leave her. Then leave the Canes, I guess...?

My point is that since I do not have the power to fire Golden and hire a new coach, I will forget my dislike for him for now - at least at the beginning of the season - and get behind the team. I would love him to prove me wrong and have a kick *** season - wouldn't you?

Depending what your expectations are. For me, championships are my expectation for Miami. Al Golden is not close to a championship coach, its not debatable. No matter how long he would be here, Miami will/would never win a title with Golden as coach.

Therefore if he lucks his way to 9-10 wins it only hurts the program going forward. Unless of course you think 6-9 win seasons are what Miami is about.

Advertisement
What many of you so-called Canes fans don't get is that you can root for the Canes while at the same time consider Golden sub-optimal. I really like the kids on this team and would never root against my Canes.

Face it - Golden and his crew are going to coach the team this season - like it or not - and if you are a fan, you get behind the team. If they have a bad season, then we demand changes at the end of the season, but to endlessly whine about how poor our coaches are, etc, will only hurt the team we love.

This is a pro-Cane site - Let's keep it positive - At least at the beginning of the season!!

Didn't we already demand changes at the end of that abysmal season that just ended? Your thoughts make no sense to me. To some people, maybe they do but to me, I compare it to, say for example, your spouse cheated on you. You would fire him/her after that happened, not think about firing her then stick it out and be optimistic that she wont cheat again. History will repeat itself, once a cheater always a cheater.

The analogy here is poor. You are not the spouse of whom a mockery has been made. You are the friend of that spouse. Do you support your friend if they decide to stick it out? If your answer is no, then kick rocks. Don't support this team. Ever.

pIuEJAc.gif

You believe a man with the following resume is a good coach?

- Golden’s career head-coaching record currently stands at 55-56.
- In his fourth year on the job, Golden managed to "lead" Miami to this program's third losing season in 35 years.
- We are coming off a season in which we had more players drafted (7) than wins (6), including multiple first rounders (Flowers & Dorsett) and several other standout players (Duke, Perryman, and Walford).
- Golden’s record at Miami, 28-22, is identical to his predecessor Randy Shannon’s during his four-year tenure.
- Golden has lost 11 of his last 19 games, including nine losses by double digits and seven losses against unranked opponents.
- Golden’s defense allowed 32.5 points per game in six regular season losses and ranked 105th in fourth quarter points allowed per game last season.
- Golden has been outscored 188-84 in the second halves of Miami’s last 11 losses.
- Golden is 3-26 against teams that finish with fewer than five losses in a season. Two of those wins came last season in home games against teams that were overmatched talent-wise (Duke and Cincinnati).

That's a good coach to you?

Built strong roster? Is that pre or post decommits?
Obviously the only one that counts is post de commits. We have a lot of guys at key positions that a lot of colleges wanted. If I'm right we can't lose. We have a good chance of winning. If not it's going to be easier to attract a quality coach.

Advertisement

These types of low effort threads for upvotes since the removal of the reputation system that took the red rockets off these folks are pretty awesome.

Now with this season we have the talent, the star qb and have the potential to win big this year

Here's the problem, brock, last year set up perfectly for Golden to win big. He had the best QB in the ACC and a laughable amount of NFL talent. He completely bombed.

This is why there is no optimism. Al Golden is not a good football coach. He had arguably more talent than anyone he faced last year outside of FSU, and he lost 7 games. He will never win big. He is a walking disadvantage for any team unlucky enough to have him running their program.

Ehhhh best QB in the ACC? I don't think that would be accurate.

Kaaya was 1st in the ACC in Passer Rating, Touchdowns, and Yards Per Attempt.

He did all this playing at a snail's pace. We were 104th in plays run. If he was in an offense that didn't look to eat clock he would've had even more ungodly numbers for a true freshman.

If he is in a real offense, we are looking at the next BERNIE KOSAR. Let that sink in for a minute, because that would mean he's the best frQB we've seen since before half of this forum was born.

This kid could have put up 4000 yards, 35 touchdowns and we probably back into 9 or 10 wins as a result. And you know what, if we had won that many games, even though in my heart of hearts I know AG is a poor coach, I would have to suck it up and support the team, because with another year of seasoning BK could put up video game numbers the likes of which you only see out of Houston Cougar QBs. But that's not what happened, because AG is the worst coach in UM history and has no clue how to utilize the gifted personnel he lucks into, being a coach of a team in the most talent-rich part of the universe.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Another year of Al Golden, another year of checking the scoreboard on my phone.. Smfh

Al should be fired when "we" lose to FSU again.. Right away

I think this will be his final chance to prove he can coach. WE were killing Butch AND flying banners before he turned it around with his talent. They are not the same, but there are real similarities.

If you want us to lose don't root for the canes this fall. And if you can't stand the canes as much as you say you can't don't watch them... It's that simple...Regardless this saga will continue or come to an end within the next 4 months . We waited this long so 4 months will breeze by to be honest. And think about it, if golden did get fired last year would you honestly trust shalalas advice in trying to get a new head coach? Remember we have gone through our worst stretch in the past 33 years with her as president with hiring golden and Shannon.. Probably was best to wait until after she was gone. Now with this season we have the talent, the star qb and have the potential to win big this year however with golden at helm anything is possible either way. I will say I believe golden will more aggressive in games this year as he knows this is it if we don't win the acc championship

I know I'm probably not well liked on here for whatever reason but at the end of the day we are all cane fans, just trying to think positive for the upcoming season. Let's go canes!

Whatever gave you that idea?

Now with this season we have the talent, the star qb and have the potential to win big this year

Here's the problem, brock, last year set up perfectly for Golden to win big. He had the best QB in the ACC and a laughable amount of NFL talent. He completely bombed.

This is why there is no optimism. Al Golden is not a good football coach. He had arguably more talent than anyone he faced last year outside of FSU, and he lost 7 games. He will never win big. He is a walking disadvantage for any team unlucky enough to have him running their program.

If you think Kayaa was the best QB in the ACC last year you are even dummer than i thought. He will be great maybe as early as this year. But there were definetly multiple better QB's than him last year. He had about 5-6 good games and about 2-3 bad games. along with a few average games.

Advertisement
Back