Positive outlook on the season

Now with this season we have the talent, the star qb and have the potential to win big this year

Here's the problem, brock, last year set up perfectly for Golden to win big. He had the best QB in the ACC and a laughable amount of NFL talent. He completely bombed.

This is why there is no optimism. Al Golden is not a good football coach. He had arguably more talent than anyone he faced last year outside of FSU, and he lost 7 games. He will never win big. He is a walking disadvantage for any team unlucky enough to have him running their program.

If you think Kayaa was the best QB in the ACC last year you are even dummer than i thought. He will be great maybe as early as this year. But there were definetly multiple better QB's than him last year. He had about 5-6 good games and about 2-3 bad games. along with a few average games.

Cool. We'll all accept your subjective view that there were "definetly" (lol moron) "multiple better QB's than him last year." Let's ignore the statistical proof - actual facts - that show he was tops in his conference in TDs, Yards Per Attempt, and Rating for starting QBs that qualified.

No wonder you like Golden, you ******* dope. You're the target audience for Golden. A brainless nitwit.

Advertisement
can someone just parachute into a game this year n land at midfield with a butch davis fat head and fire al golden shirt, fly the ***** banner and parachute now. wish i cud do it

Same people with the same posts everyday.

We get it, you love the coach.

Can we have an actual football conversation, mods?
The post was well thought out and a legitimate opinion was given. What high jacks post like this and sends them into irrevelance is when you attempt to assume motive. "Love Golden"? He never said that but even if he did so be it. It's a point of view. My interpretation is that he Loves the U and like all of us is searching for reasons to be encouraged. Here's mine. This staff has worked harder then any staff on record to build a competetive roster. It would be hard to bet that this year will be successful enough for there not to be a change but the greatest possible benefit for the U would be that they would succeed. I hope they do and that doesn't make me a Golden lover.

According to this forum, if you root for anything good this season then you're a Golden fan. Even though not one of us has said he's a good coach.

I'll say it. He's a good coach who has made some questionable decisions.

Golden is a good coach?

I guess being winless vs FSU, winless in bowl games, never coaching in January, never winning 10+ games, and never winning your conference means you are a good coach.

I remember the same things being said about another loser coach of ours for about 4 years, who took over a team crippled by NCAA restrictions.
You same guys, actually probably your fathers hated Jimmy until he won a National Championship, which I think was his first Bowl Win at Miami, and you
roasted Butch for 4 years. You guys also roasted Coker 2 years after he lost to Ohio State.

The thing I find absolutely hilarious is that none of your craziness or my faith matters.

The guy is our coach until 2019.

And if he isn't, then so be it. We will get the cheapest coach we can find because we will be be paying Golden twice as much as we will be able to afford to pay a new coach, because we are a private school with tight purse strings.

It wasn't until Golden got here that Miami football actually had better facilities that probably every school in the country except The University Of Hawaii.
He leaves, and our next two recruiting classes will be shiit.
Don't think so? Think again. As much as you morons think he is a shiit recruiter, he is actually one of the best.
Look at our team now, through all the class levels. Loaded with future NFL talent recruited while the Sword of Damocles was over our head for 3 of the past 4 years.

We were a national joke before Golden got here. Don't think so? Ask Alonzo Highsmith. We were projected to be disbanded by every major sports media outlet a couple months after he got here, and he decided to stay.
Guy's got guts. Every other coach in America would have left us high and dry.

I read an article that said if Miami is undefeated after FSU then we will be a top ten ranked team.

That tells me we are close, and if you combine the talent we have, with the chemistry, hunger and leadership that seems to have pervaded every aspect of our program, then I believe you vocal minority members will be choking on your vomit in a couple months.

Many of you only know our glory days through youtube and articles.

I saw it first hand. Every single minute of it. From Howard's big win against Penn State until now, and I'm telling you I've seen this year before twice.
I've seen when all the elements combined out of the abyss to create the perfect storm.
Those two times we were led by an inexperienced 2nd year quarterback, with talent across the board, chemistry and an unbelievable hunger.
One year we beat Nebraska by a point in the Orange Bowl, and the other we got screwed and ended up kicking the Shiit out the gators in the Sugar Bowl.

Hate all you want, but be prepared. This team is going to a lot better than everyone seems to think, and it will all be because of the coaching.

The post was well thought out and a legitimate opinion was given. What high jacks post like this and sends them into irrevelance is when you attempt to assume motive. "Love Golden"? He never said that but even if he did so be it. It's a point of view. My interpretation is that he Loves the U and like all of us is searching for reasons to be encouraged. Here's mine. This staff has worked harder then any staff on record to build a competetive roster. It would be hard to bet that this year will be successful enough for there not to be a change but the greatest possible benefit for the U would be that they would succeed. I hope they do and that doesn't make me a Golden lover.

According to this forum, if you root for anything good this season then you're a Golden fan. Even though not one of us has said he's a good coach.

Golden is a good coach?

I guess being winless vs FSU, winless in bowl games, never coaching in January, never winning 10+ games, and never winning your conference means you are a good coach.

I remember the same things being said about another loser coach of ours for about 4 years, who took over a team crippled by NCAA restrictions.
You same guys, actually probably your fathers hated Jimmy until he won a National Championship, which I think was his first Bowl Win at Miami, and you
roasted Butch for 4 years. You guys also roasted Coker 2 years after he lost to Ohio State.

The thing I find absolutely hilarious is that none of your craziness or my faith matters.

And if he isn't, then so be it. We will get the cheapest coach we can find because we will be be paying Golden twice as much as we will be able to afford to pay a new coach, because we are a private school with tight purse strings.

It wasn't until Golden got here that Miami football actually had better facilities that probably every school in the country except The University Of Hawaii.
Don't think so? Think again. As much as you morons think he is a shiit recruiter, he is actually one of the best.
Look at our team now, through all the class levels. Loaded with future NFL talent recruited while the Sword of Damocles was over our head for 3 of the past 4 years.

We were a national joke before Golden got here. Don't think so? Ask Alonzo Highsmith. We were projected to be disbanded by every major sports media outlet a couple months after he got here, and he decided to stay.

I read an article that said if Miami is undefeated after FSU then we will be a top ten ranked team.

That tells me we are close, and if you combine the talent we have, with the chemistry, hunger and leadership that seems to have pervaded every aspect of our program, then I believe you vocal minority members will be choking on your vomit in a couple months.

I saw it first hand. Every single minute of it. From Howard's big win against Penn State until now, and I'm telling you I've seen this year before twice.
I've seen when all the elements combined out of the abyss to create the perfect storm.
Those two times we were led by an inexperienced 2nd year quarterback, with talent across the board, chemistry and an unbelievable hunger.
One year we beat Nebraska by a point in the Orange Bowl, and the other we got screwed and ended up kicking the Shiit out the gators in the Sugar Bowl.

Hate all you want, but be prepared. This team is going to a lot better than everyone seems to think, and it will all be because of the coaching.

golden.jpg

Now with this season we have the talent, the star qb and have the potential to win big this year

Here's the problem, brock, last year set up perfectly for Golden to win big. He had the best QB in the ACC and a laughable amount of NFL talent. He completely bombed.

This is why there is no optimism. Al Golden is not a good football coach. He had arguably more talent than anyone he faced last year outside of FSU, and he lost 7 games. He will never win big. He is a walking disadvantage for any team unlucky enough to have him running their program.

If you think Kayaa was the best QB in the ACC last year you are even dummer than i thought. He will be great maybe as early as this year. But there were definetly multiple better QB's than him last year. He had about 5-6 good games and about 2-3 bad games. along with a few average games.

*Dumber

Advertisement
rudebuddha...that's you, "blue skies", isn't it?! it is, I'll bet! you should a heard this guy last year!

I think we beat FSU and I think we win 10 games this year. Golden has done a good job getting and developing players with the cloud hanging over. If he were fired he would get another Head job tomorrow. And I give him a pass with the Penn St deal as every coach has that one school in his clause that he can get out of his contract for if it comes open. We all know the soft spot Golden has and should have for Penn St. Not a big deal and water over the professional coaching biz in my book.

With that being said I think we need to let him go if we do not beat FSU once this year and don't win 10 games. As soon as he third game is lost start the process.

I will say I am glad that we kept him one more year rather than The Donna taking Randy Shannon back. She was not the person we want in position to hire another person to take the job.

What if you swapped Al for Urban last year? Anyone here think Al leads the Buckeyes to the playoffs. No sir. But on the otherhand, with the same players Al had, Urban wins the ACC. Al means well, but he is in way over his head. Doesn't matter the caliber of players you have if they're not coached properly and put in position to win. There is only a handful of elite coaches out there. Hopefully one day we'll get one. And when we do, its not gonna take long to be back on top.

Advertisement
If we beat FSU last year, we would have won 9 games and it would have been okay for a season with a fresh qb. Then it would have felt easy to take the next step this year. However, that didn't happen and I think the writing is on the wall. Shalala isn't here to save his job so now he has to do what no coach ever does and that's cool down the hot seat. I don't see it happening but I'd rather we win big and be proved wrong so I'm just gonna support the team and see what happens.

Golden is a good coach?

Officially the dumbest post in the history of this site

Golden is a good coach?

Butch, down 30 scholarships, was 31-15, 2-0 in bowl games, had finished ranked in the top 20 three times, and was two time conference champion in four years. Golden, with not nearly as bad sanctions, is 28-22, 0-2 in bowl games, and has no conference championships in four years. Your comparison(s) is/are shockingly inaccurate by talking about people being mad at Jimmy for being 29-8 at with three major bowl appearances at the end of Year 3 and saying that Coker being roasted for the Ohio State loss isn't a fair assessment. You're just scared and parroting the party line and your money argument confirms that because we actually do have the money but just refuse to spend it or may now with all that Adidas cash flowing in.

His contract runs through 2020. So what? He'll get fired if he sucks even though you don't seem to want him to get fired even if he does.

Golden's arrival is the reason the facilities were upgraded? Negative, Ghost Rider. The administration had been preaching that they were going to add that and had already taken steps to do so with all athletics like building the BUC and the academic initiative that happened in the Shannon era. The facilities had been announced since Coker was around and ground was broken in 2013. That timeline is somehow's Golden's doing? No.

He leaves and our next recruiting classes will be ****? How do you know this? Do you have a crystal ball? You're calling people morons when you expect people to believe your opinions on the 2017 recruiting class in August of 2015? Who cares about you and your opinion? Get over yourself.

One of the best recruiters you say? I find that interesting that you feel that since his record is so poor and he regressed by 3 wins in Year 4 of his tenure in which he averaged the #16 recruiting class over the time. Are we the #16 team in the country? Far from it actually. I guess that cloud and recruiting issues were either overblown and he's failing with big time talent or his evaluations are that poor. Take your pick.

We were a national joke before Golden got here? What exactly are we now by your poor expectations? You clearly said WERE a national joke so we must no longer be one and 6-7 heralded the end to our era of horrible football according to you. Yeah your evaluations should be really be taken seriously. And the same Alonzo Highsmith you referenced has said recently that he feels that ex-players need to rally to financially assist the program since the results are so sub-par. Great support for your point.

What guts does Golden have? When he left Philadelphia for Miami and a 2 million dollar pay raise? My goodness what a hero he is. If that doesn't deserve a Presidential Medal of Freedom, I don't know what does. The sacrifices and burdens on him must have been incredible. And his guts are so impressive, he used the NCAA situation at Miami to finagle himself a contract where he had the school by the balls and carte blanche to do whatever he wanted to do. I mean just truly a heroic act on his part. And then in 2013 when he went begging on hands and knees for the Penn State job in the heat of recruiting season in December and he wasn't answering communications form both current players and recruits and the school president was attempting to get into contact with him and even released a statement saying, "We don't know anything yet." as Baghdad Blake James said he was talking with Golden daily so the school couldn't even get their cover stories straight he really showed guts when he came back, hat and **** in hand, trying to act like he hadn't bet the house and been told by Penn State to take a hike. True guts if you think Benedict Arnold has guts. That's the definition of being a coward.

An article saying that if Miami is 5-0 with a win over FSU that they will be a top 10 team is what tells you that we're close? Well whoopty dee could you post that article if you get the chance? I would love to see who authored it and their level of bias. And I like how you say one article saying we might be 5-0 and top 10 actually tells you that were close based on talent, chemistry, hunger, and leadership that's in every aspect of the program. That must be one novel length article. What about the fact that Las Vegas has us penciled in for 5.5 wins? I mean if it only takes one cherrypicked source to support your point, this should reverse then. And it seems it's really about sticking it to the people who have called you on your nonsense and you being right rather than actual football. Saying that the naysayers are the minority just shows how sour you are because that couldn't be further from the truth.

We only know the glory days from the Youtube and articles? But I thought you just said that articles are all you need to get the entire measure of every aspect of the entire program? Did you forget that already too, Grandpa? You can't even remember details of your own post as you write it while you double-talk all over the place but you expect everybody to believe that you recall so vividly and know all about the program so deeply and comparing the current team to the 1983 and 2000 teams? Take your garbage analysis and All-Knowing attitude and go play shuffleboard with it.

Way to wrap up your tripe with a nice bow. It's not about the team being better unless it's about the coaching being the cause. That's the definition of being a fan of the staff first and the actual team second if you want to chalk all the coming success to the coaches. Why not the emergence of Kaaya as a Heisman front runner based on his own credentials? How about saying Gus Edwards will finally break out with the increased opportunities? Nope, to you it's because of coaching and your cult icon Al Golden. Enjoy rooting for Purdue when he's coaching linebackers there.

Last edited:

Golden is a good coach?

Butch, down 30 scholarships, was 31-15, 2-0 in bowl games, had finished ranked in the top 20 three times, and was two time conference champion in four years. Golden, with not nearly as bad sanctions, is 28-22, 0-2 in bowl games, and has no conference championships in four years. Your comparison(s) is/are shockingly inaccurate by talking about people being mad at Jimmy for being 29-8 at with three major bowl appearances at the end of Year 3 and saying that Coker being roasted for the Ohio State loss isn't a fair assessment. You're just scared and parroting the party line and your money argument confirms that because we actually do have the money but just refuse to spend it or may now with all that Adidas cash flowing in.

His contract runs through 2020. So what? He'll get fired if he sucks even though you don't seem to want him to get fired even if he does.

Golden's arrival is the reason the facilities were upgraded? Negative, Ghost Rider. The administration had been preaching that they were going to add that and had already taken steps to do so with all athletics like building the BUC and the academic initiative that happened in the Shannon era. The facilities had been announced since Coker was around and ground was broken in 2013. That timeline is somehow's Golden's doing? No.

He leaves and our next recruiting classes will be ****? How do you know this? Do you have a crystal ball? You're calling people morons when you expect people to believe your opinions on the 2017 recruiting class in August of 2015? Who cares about you and your opinion? Get over yourself.

One of the best recruiters you say? I find that interesting that you feel that since his record is so poor and he regressed by 3 wins in Year 4 of his tenure in which he averaged the #16 recruiting class over the time. Are we the #16 team in the country? Far from it actually. I guess that cloud and recruiting issues were either overblown and he's failing with big time talent or his evaluations are that poor. Take your pick.

We were a national joke before Golden got here? What exactly are we now by your poor expectations? You clearly said WERE a national joke so we must no longer be one and 6-7 heralded the end to our era of horrible football according to you. Yeah your evaluations should be really be taken seriously. And the same Alonzo Highsmith you referenced has said recently that he feels that ex-players need to rally to financially assist the program since the results are so sub-par. Great support for your point.

What guts does Golden have? When he left Philadelphia for Miami and a 2 million dollar pay raise? My goodness what a hero he is. If that doesn't deserve a Presidential Medal of Honor, I don't know what does. The sacrifices and burdens on him must have been incredible. And his guts are so impressive, he used the NCAA situation at Miami to finagle himself a contract where he had the school buy the balls and carte blanche to do whatever he wanted to do. I mean just truly a heroic act on his part. And then in 2013 when he went begging on hands and knees for the Penn State job in the heat of recruiting season in December and he wasn't answering communications form both current players and recruits and the school president was attempting to get into contact with him and even released a statement saying, "We don't know anything yet." as Baghdad Blake James said he was talking with Golden daily so the school couldn't even get their cover stories straight he really showed guts when he came back, hat and **** in hand, trying to act like he hadn't bet the house and been told by Penn State to take a hike. True guts if you think Benedict Arnold has guts. That's the definition of being a coward.

An article saying that if Miami is 5-0 with a win over FSU that they will be a top 10 team is what tells you that we're close? Well whoopty dee could you post that article if you get the chance? I would love to see who authored it and their level of bias. And I like how you say one article saying we might be 5-0 and top 10 actually tells you that were close based on talent, chemistry, hunger, and leadership that's in every aspect of the program. That must be one novel length article. And it seems it's really about sticking it to the people who have called you on your nonsense and you being right rather than actual football. Saying that the naysayers are the minority just shows how sour you are because that couldn't be further from the truth.

We only know the glory days from the Youtube and articles? But I thought you just said that articles are all you need to get the entire measure of every aspect of the entire program? Did you forget that already too, Grandpa? You can't even remember details of your own post as you write it while you double-talk all over the place but you expect everybody to believe that you recall so vividly and know all about the program so deeply and comparing the current team to the 1983 and 2000 teams? Take your garbage analysis and All-Knowing attitude and go play shuffleboard with it.

Way to wrap up your tripe with a nice bow. It's not about the team being better unless it's about the coaching being the cause. That's the definition of being a fan of the staff first and the actual team second if you want to chalk all the coming success to the coaches. Why not the emergence of Kaaya as a Heisman front runner based on his own credentials? How about saying Gus Edwards will finally break out with the increased opportunities? Nope, to you it's because of coaching and your cult icon Al Golden. Enjoy rooting for Purdue when he's coaching linebackers there.

Why are you arguing with this dumbass?

He loudly exclaimed that Golden is a good coach.

You're trying to reason with someone who is incapable of seeing reason if he was drowning in it.

Advertisement
This whole site is dominated by folks that want Golden gone. But he is still here, for the worse. Or better.?

You know why?

Because Shalala is now gone. Wake up people. We had no chance with her at the top. Let's give the new prez a decision

Most of you keyboard hero's on here most likely don't do sh$t to change anything at Miami.

Do you contribute into 4 figures to make even a dent in contributions. If you did you would not post like a woman menstruating.

So here is the flocking deal. We are stuck with Golden this year. Live with it. We will struggle to get 7-8 wins.

Put up the money to influence the Board of Directors to the tune of about 10 million. Ooh you have that cash! yeah I don't either. But I at least put in.

And cheer for the ****** Canes. We are supposed to be fans. The school will straighten is out the best they can.

If you want massive change then 10 mill will not be enough.

Stop your botching unless you got at least 10 million to begin change.

Advertisement
This whole site is dominated by folks that want Golden gone. But he is still here, for the worse. Or better.?

You know why?

Because Shalala is now gone. Wake up people. We had no chance with her at the top. Let's give the new prez a decision

Most of you keyboard hero's on here most likely don't do sh$t to change anything at Miami.

Do you contribute into 4 figures to make even a dent in contributions. If you did you would not post like a woman menstruating.

So here is the flocking deal. We are stuck with Golden this year. Live with it. We will struggle to get 7-8 wins.

Put up the money to influence the Board of Directors to the tune of about 10 million. Ooh you have that cash! yeah I don't either. But I at least put in.

And cheer for the ****** Canes. We are supposed to be fans. The school will straighten is out the best they can.

If you want massive change then 10 mill will not be enough.

Stop your botching unless you got at least 10 million to begin change.

Yeah, because the school has such an effective history with that.

I didn't know that there was a set price that a fan had to pay for their opinion to matter. Could you please share more? If I donate one more dollar than you, does my opinion now become more important than yours? You see how stupid and whiny your pretense of, "Just trust the administration and go in backwards," is? But a fan has to pay 10 million dollars for the right to complain? I guess only Paul Dimare is the only person on Earth who can complain and all those former players who have criticized the system aren't really part of the program since they're complaining and not shelling out 8 digits to do so. Deal with these fair complaints whether you like it or not and stop trying to control it like the Hall Monitor by sloppily truing to invalidate opinions.

Golden is a good coach?

What guts does Golden have? When he left Philadelphia for Miami and a 2 million dollar pay raise? My goodness what a hero he is. If that doesn't deserve a Presidential Medal of Freedom, I don't know what does. The sacrifices and burdens on him must have been incredible. And his guts are so impressive, he used the NCAA situation at Miami to finagle himself a contract where he had the school buy the balls and carte blanche to do whatever he wanted to do. I mean just truly a heroic act on his part. And then in 2013 when he went begging on hands and knees for the Penn State job in the heat of recruiting season in December and he wasn't answering communications form both current players and recruits and the school president was attempting to get into contact with him and even released a statement saying, "We don't know anything yet." as Baghdad Blake James said he was talking with Golden daily so the school couldn't even get their cover stories straight he really showed guts when he came back, hat and **** in hand, trying to act like he hadn't bet the house and been told by Penn State to take a hike. True guts if you think Benedict Arnold has guts. That's the definition of being a coward.

An article saying that if Miami is 5-0 with a win over FSU that they will be a top 10 team is what tells you that we're close? Well whoopty dee could you post that article if you get the chance? I would love to see who authored it and their level of bias. And I like how you say one article saying we might be 5-0 and top 10 actually tells you that were close based on talent, chemistry, hunger, and leadership that's in every aspect of the program. That must be one novel length article. And it seems it's really about sticking it to the people who have called you on your nonsense and you being right rather than actual football. Saying that the naysayers are the minority just shows how sour you are because that couldn't be further from the truth.

Excellent work Ted! An absolutely epic crack back on the sites biggest buffoon. Did that imbecil really compare Al's situation with what Butch walked into? Did he really compare Al to Jimmy? It's official. I've heard it all now.

Golden is a good coach?

[video=youtube;5hfYJsQAhl0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=14&v=5hfYJsQAhl0[/video]

Anybody notice how many new posters with under 10 posts are posting "positive" things about this coaching staff?

I'm calling BS.

Advertisement
Back