Portal Destinations

Advertisement

It gets worse when you start to dig into the big time players we have signed that went elsewhere.

Christian Williams, a big time GET from Alabama is like a replacement level starter on a 1-10 G5 football team.
Jarren Williams, the third best QB in a state with Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields and high four star player that was supposed to be our future at QB likes weed a lot and quit while Lawrence and Fields, already first round picks, are ascending in the league. He would have been a backup on that same 1-10 football team. Started most of a season for us.
Gurvan Hall is like the third best safety on Utah State before he was hurt at the end of October.
Bubba Bolden led our team in tackles during the COVID season, and was a 14th round pick in the XFL lmfao

It gets very dark when you start looking over some of these big time signees that left or guys that started/played significantly for us. Its brutal.

Last edited:
The coaching scheme is the first problem for me. I don’t think they even cared to try to maximize the talent type they have.

But we’re also going to see - at least to some extent - how good these guys are perceived to be on their own abilities/potential from other coaching staffs based on interest they get.
We all know the answer, none of these guys are going to end up at any of the top tier programs, rude awakening coming for dudes who didn't want to put in the work.

We all know the answer, none of these guys are going to end up at any of the top tier programs, rude awakening coming for dudes who didn't want to put in the work.
I don’t disagree. I’m trying to be even handed as best I can in the sense that I do think some guys can do better elsewhere in other systems but that won’t be at Bama and UGA or Ohio State unless Manny pulls someone to Penn State.

Advertisement
Last 3+ years show that the majority of our transfers out resulted in addition by subtraction. We massively traded up via the portal. I'm not sure there is one guy I wish had stayed. Maybe Patchan.

2023 so far: Clarke to Missouri. Done nothing so far.

2022: Daz Worsham to Auburn, Troutman to court (charges dropped but no one picked him up), Cameron WIlliams not picked up, Cody Brown to UVA, Cave to West Virginia, Larry Hodges not picked up (247 has him at MTSU but he never made it), Nesta to Arizona State, Gaynor to UNC, Gurvan Hall to Utah State, Mark Pope to Jax State then to portal and not picked up, Bradley Jennings to Indiana, Quentin Williams to Marshall to Hutchinson CC -- only Nesta, Gaynor, Hall and Jennings did something at their respective new programs.

2021: Holley to Charlotte, Burns to UConn, Perry to FAU, Martell to UNLV, Patrick Joyner to Utah State, Christian Williams to USF ... All these guys save Martell did something at their respective new programs

2020: Irvin II to FAU, Patchan to Colorado State, Jarren Williams to Garden City CC to retirement, Baxa to Houston, Polendy to Colorado State, Tyreic Martin to Alcorn State, Lingard to UiF, Realus George to Independence CC to to Missouri, Evidence Njoku to UCLA, Hightower to Illinois, Nigel Bethel to Colorado, George Brown (former LSU OT) not picked up ... Patchan was an impact player for CSU, Baxa still missing FGs at Houston, Hightower a #3 WR at UI, George does a little for Mizzou, Lingard flamed out.

I don’t disagree. I’m trying to be even handed as best I can in the sense that I do think some guys can do better elsewhere in other systems but that won’t be at Bama and UGA or Ohio State unless Manny pulls someone to Penn State.
The reality is that the evaluations at Miami have been aweful and most of these guys never should have been here in the first place, no matter how may stars they had.

One thing we are going to find out very quickly is how our roster is valued by other coaches. If we see a bunch of guys in our soon to be mass exodus end up at prominent P5 programs or if we see them go to bottom feeder P5, G5 or FCS programs will be extremely telling. If you are in the crowd of "we have the talent and the coaches suck" the market will support that if that talent ends up with opportunities on a better teams/programs. If you are in the "we don't have the talent and the coaches are doing what they can with it" then your stance will be validated if these guys end up at inferior teams/programs.

Part of our issue the last 15 years is having coaches on staff that better teams/programs wanted. M D'Onfrio, J Richt, P Williams, J Patke, E Banda, B Baker etc all downgraded to jobs or programs. Very few of our coaches in that period were courted by superior programs and the same goes for the mayhem in less than a week. The market will dictate how others see our current roster by where they end up. Personal prediction: the majority of this roster will downgrade because they aren't Miami material

There's a Pee Wee team in NW Florida who's considering asking Gaddis to interview for an assistant coaching position.

It's started . . .

One thing we are going to find out very quickly is how our roster is valued by other coaches. If we see a bunch of guys in our soon to be mass exodus end up at prominent P5 programs or if we see them go to bottom feeder P5, G5 or FCS programs will be extremely telling. If you are in the crowd of "we have the talent and the coaches suck" the market will support that if that talent ends up with opportunities on a better teams/programs. If you are in the "we don't have the talent and the coaches are doing what they can with it" then your stance will be validated if these guys end up at inferior teams/programs.

Part of our issue the last 15 years is having coaches on staff that better teams/programs wanted. M D'Onfrio, J Richt, P Williams, J Patke, E Banda, B Baker etc all downgraded to jobs or programs. Very few of our coaches in that period were courted by superior programs and the same goes for the mayhem in less than a week. The market will dictate how others see our current roster by where they end up. Personal prediction: the majority of this roster will downgrade because they aren't Miami material
stings but most likely spot on

Advertisement
Last 3+ years show that the majority of our transfers out resulted in addition by subtraction. We massively traded up via the portal. I'm not sure there is one guy I wish had stayed. Maybe Patchan.

2022: Daz Worsham to Auburn, Troutman to court (charges dropped but no one picked him up), Cameron WIlliams not picked up, Cody Brown to UVA, Cave to West Virginia, Larry Hodges not picked up (247 has him at MTSU but he never made it), Nesta to Arizona State, Gaynor to UNC, Gurvan Hall to Utah State, Mark Pope to Jax State then to portal and not picked up, Bradley Jennings to Indiana, Quentin Williams to Marshall to Hutchinson CC -- only Nesta, Gaynor, Hall and Jennings did something at their respective new programs.

2021: Holley to Charlotte, Burns to UConn, Perry to FAU, Martell to UNLV, Patrick Joyner to Utah State, Christian Williams to USF ... All these guys save Martell did something at their respective new programs

2020: Irvin II to FAU, Patchan to Colorado State, Jarren Williams to Garden City CC to retirement, Baxa to Houston, Polendy to Colorado State, Tyreic Martin to Alcorn State, Lingard to UiF, Realus George to Independence CC to to Missouri, Evidence Njoku to UCLA, Hightower to Illinois, Nigel Bethel to Colorado, George Brown (former LSU OT) not picked up ... Patchan was an impact player for CSU, Baxa still missing FGs at Houston, Hightower a #3 WR at UI, George does a little for Mizzou, Lingard flamed out.
:laughing-1:

He’s a redshirt freshman. That doesn’t make any sense unless he didn’t fit from a size standpoint to the D they want to run. He couldn’t have expected reps that early over the guys in front of him.
Isn't he around 6-2 300+,I don't think his problem is lack of size,more likley lack of talent.

Gaynor has been the starting C for UNC all year and last I checked they are 9-2.

Advertisement
YARN | Oh, Jesus Christ. | The Sopranos (1999-2007) S02E13 Funhouse | Video  gifs by quotes | b9ae1c1f | 紗

Advertisement
Gaynor has been the starting C for UNC all year and last I checked they are 9-2.

I noted he was one of the few who "did something" for his team. I still wouldn't put him in ahead of Clark, and I don't see that we lost anything by his transfer out. Gaynor was more than a JAG but wasn't Top P5 material. Kind of like Jennings.

Advertisement
Back