Pope...

I’m HS he was a hands catcher and plucked balls out of the air. Now he is letting it get to his body which is a sign of a WR how is afraid he’s going to drop the pass.

All he needs is one big time catch over someone or one big time game and we will see that confidence start to come back.

Advertisement
Pope just needs confidence and he will be fine. This is really his first real crack at being one of the top receivers

Sounds like Ivey.... depending on what thread you are in and who the posters are attacking/defending at the moment

Bottom line on several 3rd down plays he picked up big yardage to get first downs on multiple occasions. This could have been even bigger if he stayed in bounds. No he’s not a finished product but he’s not worse than any of the other receivers playing in fact he’s getting open the most out of any of the receivers

Last edited:
I saw a lot of y’all and people in the staff try to compare him to Jeudy... they were never on the same playing field.

he has the talent to be a good receiver for us without a doubt. It’s more mental then lack of talent.

Advertisement
He looks like Merton Hanks but without the swagger.
ROFL, perfect call, with the hands he got that **** may want to think about moving to that side of the ball. It's funny watching him and harley dropping these passes, cause back when the cry babies brigade was in full affect because lawrence cager was dropping passes, and now these 2 are on the big stage and keep displaying butterfingers. This is why when people kept trying to bash coach richt as if he didn't know what he was doing, the one thing I will say is this, the difference between coach richt and lashlee, and I said this back when, coach richt's offensive system takes time for players to learn it and execute it, he normally started 3rd year qb's, but once he had his system in place, his offenses produced and player development wasn't an issue. His resume as a play-caller speaks for itself.

Coach lashlee, right now he has the benefit of a few things right now, a more seasoned o-line that he came into, an older group of receivers, and tightends to help block and a more simple offensive concept based on certain principles of getting to the line quickly and possibly catching the opposing defense off guard and personnel match-ups and blown coverages. While it will put up points in college, how well does that philosophy develop players that can actually beat the guy across from him on with his Natural talent + work ethic + technique. The players under coach richt's tutelage thru-out the years we've seen what they've done, and coach richt had a real good eye for talent.

Going to be fun watching to see how things continue to develop if sports can actually still be played in the near future, shouts out to the NBA with that bubble approach, although it's easier for the basketball to do it than football teams.

He catches with his chest because he lacks confidence in his hands, on pr he runs left to right , which isn’t how you return punts. You got to hit the middle and be fearless, he’s tentative.

At this point you should just prepare to say he’s a role player that’ll be a rotational guy. No need to bash him , he is what he is. Honestly I’d like to see some young guys cut into the vets pt. But I get it, first road game on National tv. Eventually it’ll be a deeper rotation.

If Pope ever does have a breakout game or works through the confidence issues he could be more than a role player. There’s talent there, just tentativeness and doubt. The mental side of the game is real.

Advertisement
The drops were bad but I like how y’all just ignore the good plays he had. He left a lot of yards on the field but I think he was still second leading receiver. I’m not giving up on him.

WRs as a whole need to play better, hopefully we start mixing some of those young bulls in there as the season progresses.
C'mon bro, why would they bring up the good things?Don't u know only it's only the bad things we bring up. Especially about pope.

I’m HS he was a hands catcher and plucked balls out of the air. Now he is letting it get to his body which is a sign of a WR how is afraid he’s going to drop the pass.

All he needs is one big time catch over someone or one big time game and we will see that confidence start to come back.

Who is that guy???

Advertisement
He actually looked like he could be a difference maker for us for the first time in his Miami career. He was 100+ yards without the drop.

I’m usually critical of everything but i honestly think he’ll be pretty good this year. I saw him making CBs look silly on his releases and actually stand out on TV.

Brevin is going to be that dude all year and the go to but I think Pope solidifies himself as the next guy with Wiggins and Harley being role players and maybe a freshman steps in a little later on.

We’ll smoke FSU and get smoked by Clemson but after that I think Pope will be a staple going forward.

I don’t think he’ll ever live up to his potential but he’s going to get enough targets to get better and more confident or reveal he has no future in the sport.
It looks like Lashlee is running a meritocracy, so Pope's looks are going to diminish as the season rolls on.

How we put up 40+ points with Harley, Pope and Wiggins as our WR corps is crazy.

Advertisement
Relax man. Pipe made some plays bro. Y’all focused on one play.

I’m focused on three years. I don’t get why some play favorites here. I’m an old man that judges on what I see and I expect more from some. People build guys like this up and defend him while he doesn’t do much. I’m a hurricane fan , not a Pope fan. I expect better, I hear the same people pumping him up every year then make excuses or you’re being a bad fan for speaking the truth. It’s year three , he’s getting more opportunities than any other wr in the perfect offense for his skill set.

How dare some have standards for a five star wr that’s a JR. He’s been a huge disappointment of to this point , that’s just the truth. A huge drop and fumble in back to back weeks.

Sorry if his fan boys can’t see that. I’m still rooting for him and think he has potential but god ****.

It's always something with him.

Gets open: drops the ball

Catches the ball: steps out of bounds

Gets a first down: gets lit tf up on the sideline

Catches a slant: knee down at the 1, leads to FG

He's cursed.

He actually looked like he could be a difference maker for us for the first time in his Miami career. He was 100+ yards without the drop.

I’m usually critical of everything but i honestly think he’ll be pretty good this year. I saw him making CBs look silly on his releases and actually stand out on TV.

Brevin is going to be that dude all year and the go to but I think Pope solidifies himself as the next guy with Wiggins and Harley being role players and maybe a freshman steps in a little later on.

We’ll smoke FSU and get smoked by Clemson but after that I think Pope will be a staple going forward.
Bro I think it going to be Brevin, Mallory and the RBs with the we playing a smaller role to keep defenses honest.
This guy called a fair catch on a kickoff at the two. Let that sink in.... He is petrified of contact. I actually think someone ruined him on Greentree (Carter?) cause he plays scared. It’s why he doesn’t return punts and when he does he runs left to right and not upfield, it’s why he drops balls like he did.
I see the talent no doubt. But I’m not sure he will ever turn the corner and be consistently good/great.

Advertisement
Back