Pope...

Advertisement
Pope just needs confidence and he will be fine. This is really his first real crack at being one of the top receivers
You either have it or you don’t. Pope is missing something. He’s a Junior for Christ sakes. When is he going to finally “be fine.” He struggled with the worst Defense on the schedule.

You either have it or you don’t. Pope is missing something. He’s a Junior for Christ sakes. When is he going to finally “be fine.” He struggled with the worst Defense on the schedule.
And still was by far the best Wide receiver in terms of getting open and making plays let that sink in. He could have had a really big night if not for a few of the drops. He will be okay. At least he’s putting himself in position to make plays

Advertisement
I imagine it's lack of dedication. You gotta work on your craft. Hankerson did it while he was here. I read about LSU WRs catching 10,000 balls or whatever last offseason. They all put in extra effort to be better. Pope needs to do the same.

I imagine it's lack of dedication. You gotta work on your craft. Hankerson did it while he was here. I read about LSU WRs catching 10,000 balls or whatever last offseason. They all put in extra effort to be better. Pope needs to do the same.
Nah pope is a hard worker, he constantly works at his craft and been putting in the work. It was just concentration drops, he just got to settle down

And still was by far the best Wide receiver in terms of getting open and making plays let that sink in. He could have had a really big night if not for a few of the drops. He will be okay. At least he’s putting himself in position to make plays
Jonah Hill Ok GIF

Advertisement
Nah pope is a hard worker, he constantly works at his craft and been putting in the work. It was just concentration drops, he just got to settle down
Well it's not showing on the field. He's had more drops in the first two games than you should have in a season.

He dropped a couple passes. One was obviously horrible. But, I thought he played well and was without a doubt King's #1 target. When he actually caught the ***** ball he made some nice moves and showed some speed. Pope is and will be fine I think.

And yet you've said nothing to prove your point, once again. All you're doing is trolling me because I've been consistently bending you over.

It's elementary level effort. You have nothing of any value to contribute, yet you try to knock me while still not contributing anything.

I think you should spend more time reading about about chlorophyll and less time trying to sound like you know anything about Hurricane football.
yawn.gif

You post some stupid **** like Pope needs to be benched after muffing the kickoff and you actually think that requires an explanation? And then you call him soft?

According to you, the Canes were supposed to lose tonight, right snowflake? That is what you said, statistically speaking, of course.

I think you might be forgetting Hankerson had a beast season because we had NO ONE else at WR that year.
Hankerson put a ton of work into his craft and turned from highly unreliable into a real draft prospect. Let's hope Pope puts the same intense work into his craft and really develops from here. We need him and it would incredible shame for him to waste his God given talents.

Pope should:

1) Revisit the fundamentals of catching the ball with his coaches (particularly Likens)
2) Put intense work in on the Jugs machine daily (until he doesn't even need to think about making catches)
3) Speak with Hankerson and Duper (as well as some of our former greats at WR). Michael Irvin & others
4) Forget the recent past and develop an Alpha mentality

I'll be rooting for him to develop & take advantage of the natural tools he has.

Advertisement
It's not even just the drops with Pope. A couple times he ran himself out of bounds instead of trying to stay in bounds as he was coming back to the ball when King scrambled. Zero awareness.

Advertisement
Dude still looks like a true freshmen under the lights it’s crazy that he’s a Junior. Let’s hope he softens up them stones and drops less passes.

10 targets, 4 receptions. Seems like King likes him, but he needs to step it up. Saw him down field blocking on one of Cam’s long runs, so that’s a plus.

I remember Roberson and the other guys streaking free all year for SMU. I think this Lashlee offense is perfect for him, because pope can take a slant and house it. He needs to settle in, which will come with reps. Hopefully that helps with the hands/drops.

This. He waits for the ball to come to him, instead of going out and getting it.

He's soft. He should have been benched after the fumbled kickoff last week. There's no room for that with upperclassmen at this point.
Saying he should’ve been benched is a bit much. Sean Taylor fumbled a punt that cost us a chance to win a game. The kid is playing like he’s afraid to make a mistake right now. Hopefully he gains confidence and plays free and loose because he has all the potential in the world.

Advertisement
Back