Pope...

Pope and Harley each dropped two...including a TD each. Unacceptable! I’d move em down the chart. This is a trend. The contested ball in the end zone was in Popes hands...needs to own it and fight for it. To me that is his biggest issue. The other probably hit him in the nuts. Harleys first drop was a first down dime and killed drive if I recall. His gimme TD drop gave new life to birds and kept us from closing like we should.

Cant be on here talking about accountability if they keep messing up and still play put a couple of the freshman in. Id like to see reastrepo

Advertisement
I'm sure if you talk to Mark, he'll tell you he ain't happy with his play. With that said, there's no question he's shown some improvement. As UM fans, let's hope he continues to get better and turns into a stud for us. We need someone from that WR room to really separate themselves if we're going to keep winning ballgames and make a run at a playoff spot.

GO CANES!!!

Your life depends on one of our starting WRs (Harley, Pope, Wiggins) making a catch; who you taking?

All of this discussion about Pope just really reminds me of similar discussions not that long ago about Stacy Coley. Not necessarily about the drops but about how he seemed to be trying to avoid contact, etc etc after a couple injuries.

He never quite lived up to his potential either, but he turned into a pretty reliable playmaker eventually...just not first round, superstar status that we all expected out of him.

Let’s see how Pope grows up this year. We’ve already seen him ratchet up his production in two games. Yes he hasn’t set the world on fire, but believe it or not players are allowed to get better.

On punt returns though - we need to find somebody else. You can’t dance around, you need to be decisive and get straight upfield. All starts with making sure you catch the punt first...regardless...I think I would like to see what Rooster could do with an opportunity back there.

The next two games, Pope has a wonderful opportunity to shut a lot of people up. Big time players make big time plays on big time games. Let’s see if he has a the guts. These games separate the good from the great.

Advertisement
All of this discussion about Pope just really reminds me of similar discussions not that long ago about Stacy Coley. Not necessarily about the drops but about how he seemed to be trying to avoid contact, etc etc after a couple injuries.

He never quite lived up to his potential either, but he turned into a pretty reliable playmaker eventually...just not first round, superstar status that we all expected out of him.

Let’s see how Pope grows up this year. We’ve already seen him ratchet up his production in two games. Yes he hasn’t set the world on fire, but believe it or not players are allowed to get better.

On punt returns though - we need to find somebody else. You can’t dance around, you need to be decisive and get straight upfield. All starts with making sure you catch the punt first...regardless...I think I would like to see what Rooster could do with an opportunity back there.
I want Rooster on punt and kick return

Dont think its the same but with coley when he got tackled he seemed like he was soft or whatever you want to say but he would block people into the benches if he got his hands on you.. Dude was a monster blocking DBs, lol

Dont think its the same but with coley when he got tackled he seemed like he was soft or whatever you want to say but he would block people into the benches if he got his hands on you.. Dude was a monster blocking DBs, lol
Man at least with pope he’s showing that he can get open, block and I even Seen him stiff arm a db to the ground vs Louisville(I didnt Think he had that in him to play physical like that)

Advertisement

Coley would get hurt nearly every play. He would always asks to come out the game. He had all that talent but didn’t have the guts. No heart.

I think he needs to show something quick. IDK what he's doing on Greentree that has bought him so many opportunities. He got open a lot which is great but if you don't catch the ball, it means nothing.

I hope the younger guys with the killer mindset we wanted don't get too antsy sitting on the bench while we give Cage... Pope countless opportunities to make a catch.

How he can figure it but at what cost.

Advertisement
He really shouldn't be playing. What does he bring to the table?

He's small, has bad hands, runs lazy routes and has average speed/explosiveness.

I want Rooster on punt and kick return

This. We're not going to get anything with Pope back there. Rooster needs to be on KOs. ****, I'd put Chaney back there as well - he has some serious burst. I know putting 2 freshmen back there is not ideal, but I think KORs is where the transition can be seamless - much moreso than PR.

Advertisement
Lets just be honest he just doesn't have it I'm sorry. I don't see him playin in the NFL when its his time to go. My thing is why didn't we take TUTU? That would've been the most logical answer to punt returns kick returns and wideout.

Couldn’t catch water with a bucket....and he looks like he should star in one of those ads that shows the kids who haven’t eaten in a month cause he’s pencil,make that pencil lead, thin...

Somebody needs to show him where the buffet line is...

Advertisement
Back