Poor Georgia...

Randy S had a much better D unit then Kirby, but as a HC he failed miserably.

also Georgia does not have anywhere near the same type of talent Alabama does...Lane K you may say looks like a good OC, but we all know as a head coach he was horrible.

Firing a coach for giving you consistent 10+ win seasons is like splitting 10's in black jack.

Advertisement
Miami has won 5 rings and played for 8 since Georgia won their last one.

Dmoney, I say this with all due respect man, i was talking about the future when I said they could very well win a 'ship before we do...

Their program is very much ahead of where ours is right now...

The guy who did that is our coach now.

Some guys are great assistants but they don't translate well to being head coaches. What I see at Georgia is eerily similar to what happened at Tennessee. They fired proven winner in Fulmer who was averaging 10 wins a years for failure to perform and haven't been anywhere close to relevant since.

Kirby will do well at Georgia if he can recruit there at a high level. No reason to think he won't recruit well at a school that has so much to offer. I just hope Richt can do a better job crootin at Miami than Golden and company did.

Advertisement
Georgia may slip into mediocrity and do it in a hurry. Saban assistants don't have a very good track record as head coaches, and UGA has to deal with a revitalized Tennessee, Florida is getting better and whooped up on them twice, South Carolina who is getting better, and Missouri who always plays them tough. As well as Auburn and Ole Miss who isn't slowing down. If Smart doesn't win their side of the conference in 3 years, he may be looking for work very shortly.

I like UGA. And I understand why they brought Smart "home". But I'm not sure it's going to work the way they think it will.

IMO, they should have grabbed an Urban Meyer apprentice. Mullen or Herman would have been very interesting fits for that program.

Smart is going to attempt Bama's model. Hiring Chaney as his OC makes it clear.

I like UGA. And I understand why they brought Smart "home". But I'm not sure it's going to work the way they think it will.

IMO, they should have grabbed an Urban Meyer apprentice. Mullen or Herman would have been very interesting fits for that program.

Smart is going to attempt Bama's model. Hiring Chaney as his OC makes it clear.

He is trying to replicate Bama, but he isn't Nick Saban....I don't think its going to work out for them like they are hoping. They lose Chubb and Michel next year to the draft....and the defense will take a step back. Pruitt is a really good DC. Hope it works for them. But I think we win the ACC before they win the SEC

UGA isn't winning crap. Sure they were right to fire Richt but the failed in getting a replacement. There is a lot of respect in the state for Richt and if UGA starts to slide and Miami starts winning those fans are going to make banner-gate look like Sunday service.

My prediction is that in 4 years UGA fans are going to run that AD right out of town.

Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida State, Florida and Tennessee all pull recruits out of Georgia. Georgia does have the playmakers Florida has. Sure the state produces talent but they don't have as many as the special guys as Florida does. When you combine more competition for talent and less impact players you get more loses at UGA. We took their coach and put him in the best place you could be in to win, so lets see how it plays out.

I would still take Smart over Strong though.

Advertisement
Ain't that the **** truth... Thank you baby Jesus... We actually have a real head coach now.

U say the name Mark Richt and it commands respect.... Kinda like the

UGA isn't winning crap. Sure they were right to fire Richt but the failed in getting a replacement. There is a lot of respect in the state for Richt and if UGA starts to slide and Miami starts winning those fans are going to make banner-gate look like Sunday service.

My prediction is that in 4 years UGA fans are going to run that AD right out of town.

Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida State, Florida and Tennessee all pull recruits out of Georgia. Georgia does have the playmakers Florida has. Sure the state produces talent but they don't have as many as the special guys as Florida does. When you combine more competition for talent and less impact players you get more loses at UGA. We took their coach and put him in the best place you could be in to win, so lets see how it plays out.

I would still take Smart over Strong though.

USCe always get their share of talent out of GA as well.

Ah yes, the osmosis argument. Irrefutable. Al Golden coached under the man with the most wins in college football history and look how well that worked out for him.

Ah yes, the osmosis argument. Irrefutable. Al Golden coached under the man with the most wins in college football history and look how well that worked out for him.

Easy now...

That is a very different scenario... This was Satan's top guy... Like i said before the longest that one staff member has ever been with him, and at the top of his game... His Defensive coordinator of 4 national championship teams at Alabama... If ever there was a "Right hand man" title, this is THAT guy...

Easy now...

Advertisement
anyone can look good with 5 star talent across the board. We will find out what Smart is made of at UGA

Ki
UGA will be better in 2016 than they were in any of Richts years.

No way they continue to toss UFs salad in the awful SEC Easy

But doesn't this statement contradict itself? Jim McElwain was also a Saban assistant. So you got two Saban assistants one that recruits predominantly Florida and one that recruits predominantly Georgia. Umm... back to the drawing board...

Don't you mean back to the drawling board?

Advertisement
UGA will be better in 2016 than they were in any of Richts years.

No way they continue to toss UFs salad in the awful SEC Easy

But doesn't this statement contradict itself? Jim McElwain was also a Saban assistant. So you got two Saban assistants one that recruits predominantly Florida and one that recruits predominantly Georgia. Umm... back to the drawing board.

Oh dont forget Derick Dooley.

And Muschamp

I love how people claim coaches will be great based on who they learned under. Implying that as long as they are around them a little bit of greatness might rub off.

al golden, will muschamp, charlie strong, could go on for DAYS.

Doesn’t mean **** who they learned under. It’s not like saban made a “how to” book for coaching. These coaches are faced with always changing situations and if they are frauds it is revealed. It is contradictory to say how great saban is and imply that anyone else will be good just for being around him.

Advertisement
Back