Ponce’s hire is incredibly problematic because he’s likely our 2023 OC

Advertisement
If we've learned anything about Mario these past couple of months is that he has the resources and fortitude to make the best hire out there and won't settle. Anyone drawing any conclusions about what's going to happen a year from now needs to step away from the keyboard and go do something else with their day.

I am pretty sure there's some of mental diagnosis for people who cant live in the moment and enjoy the "now" because of fear of the future.

Gattis is probably here only one year, which puts Ponce as the likely OC for the Canes in 2023 and that’s a major issue.

That is problematic because it means a below average “Ponce” will likely be the 2023 OC with first year starting QB “Garcia”. That’s a problem, because guys like Garcia, and Brown, for that matter, needs a dynamic OC.

Mario needed to hire younger, more dynamic TRUE QB coach with a fertile OC mind that just needed more seasoning.

Ponce is Mario’s only problematic hire.
The best satirist on the site.

This post should qualify for that message board geniuses thing they do.

I mean this has got to be peak CIS porsting right here.

Advertisement
Yes, Ponce will be an absolute disaster as OC.

No, I don’t think Mario lured him with an OC-in-waiting promise. I’m confident he will hire the most qualified person (not Ponce) when that time comes. I think he’s more than proven himself.

Ponce is a decent QB coach, nothing more. Looking at the hires, I’d consider him to be at the bottom.

Last edited:
Let me hold that time machine that your using to fly to the future and back. I would like to go get the winning lottery numbers, If you don’t mind, oh yea and this thread sucks. Ponce in 2021 his first year calling plays had 2 rbs over 900 yards this season 3 wr with over 800 yards all done with Brice at qb who’s know for being a inaccurate but still completed 61/62 percent of his pass while throwing for 3300 yards 27 td 11 int. But hey I understand lol this thread maker sucks.
Gattis is probably here only one year, which puts Ponce as the likely OC for the Canes in 2023 and that’s a major issue.

That is problematic because it means a below average “Ponce” will likely be the 2023 OC with first year starting QB “Garcia”. That’s a problem, because guys like Garcia, and Brown, for that matter, needs a dynamic OC.

Mario needed to hire younger, more dynamic TRUE QB coach with a fertile OC mind that just needed more seasoning.

Remind us again… what is it exactly is your role as a fan on the coaching staff?

Mario did not hire Ponce as our OC this year because there were more qualified candidates. I suppose we must expect Mario to have a brain fart in 2 years and suddenly develop the habit of hiring someone for a position even if more qualified candidates are available.

It's like how the Dread Pirate Roberts kept planning to kill Westley, but then every day he kept putting it off.

Ponce is our future Dread Pirate OC. As you wish...

Advertisement
I could not have madd up this thread. Reality is funnier than fiction. This feels like an episode of Curb your Enthusiasm.
@JD08 refused to merge the 2 threads because he felt this deserved its own pummeling. I am in agreement.

There's been enough pummeling. Can we make it go away soon?

Look, after a slow start, Mario has done a really good job with his hires, but Ponce as QB coach is concerning, because he almost certainly took this job with sweetener at the end. Namely, when Gattis leaves he’d be the leader in the clubhouse for OC.

Im certainly not trying to stir things up, but this is a problem. It’ll set us back in a year in which we might be able to seriously contend (2023). Ponce at OC would be the weak link on the staff

Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 2.51.43 PM.png

How is your screen name working out for you so far?

I hear a lot of posters rip Ponce as an OC because of his scheme - can / would anybody like elaborate a little about what is wrong with his scheme that make him so bad?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes, Ponce will be an absolute disaster as OC.

No, I don’t think Mario lured him with an OC-in-waiting promise. I’m confident he will hire the most qualified person (not Ponce) when that time comes. I think he’s more than proven himself.

Ponce is a decent QB coach, nothing more. Looking at the hires, I’d consider him to be at the bottom.
Right but he had a top 20 offense as an OC...

Advertisement
Back