• Yes with Tate we would be 2-0

Votes: 29 11.7%
  • Yes with Tate we would be 1-1

Votes: 10 4.0%
  • No 0-2 regardless

Votes: 185 74.6%

• Total voters
Advertisement
The difference is NKosis struggles were mainly a product of the offensive system and coaching around him last season. Jarren doesn’t have that handicap this season. NKosi would have a higher yards per pass average in this offense.

The difference was I brought facts and you’ve brought speculation . I watched nkosi miss screen passes so I’m not too sure he’d have a higher completion percentage. Jarren has yet to throw a bad pass.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sometimes I'm glad I read the threads here because they help me realize how tragic it is to be stupid.
They also help you realize on who to avoid like the plague. The secret is in the likes...

He also likely throws several picks against UF’s good DBs

If Uf would have had tight coverage all game I would agree. But they didn’t our receivers were running routes on air deep down the field. The film our staff members showed on this site numerous times does not lie.

4685C79F-C77D-4A6B-BE84-425AF79C96D8.gif

Advertisement
Have to factor in that Perry is a strip sack waiting to happen. He would scramble holding the ball out and get it knocked from his hands. Even this offseason his propensity to lose the ball was a problem.
Probably 4-5 turnovers minimum by now (3 sack fumbles, 2 INTs). I think that would more than offset any extra success he might have had on deep passes compared to JW.

Advertisement
Have to factor in that Perry is a strip sack waiting to happen. He would scramble holding the ball out and get it knocked from his hands. Even this offseason his propensity to lose the ball was a problem.
Probably 4-5 turnovers minimum by now (3 sack fumbles, 2 INTs). I think that would more than offset any extra success he might have had on deep passes compared to JW.

Jarren fumbled multiple times against Uf . We just happened to recover them.

Kosi stretches the field more than Williams and likely doesn't underthrown a couple of our longer passes. Does he throw an INT or two to negate those deep throws, possibly.

Tate, let it go. Oh, he avoids a couple of tackles. He still isn't making half of the throws Williams does. He was moved to WR since he was QB3. There's a reason for it.

No matter what one thinks, this is one dumbass thread. Jarren by and large has been outstanding so far for a guy with only two starts.

Advertisement
The best long term decision was to start Jarren. He has the most upside of all of our QBs. He's clearly the most accurate passer. That doesn't mean that Jarren was the most likely of all the QBs to win the first two games.

It is possible that N'Kosi's experience may have led to a win against UF. He may have gone through his progressions better, found open WRs better & won that game for us. That does not mean that we should have started N'Kosi as Jarren appears to be the future...and should have been groomed as such starting with Game 1. It simply means that a guy who had experienced the big stage before (and won big games like the FSU game) may have been slightly more likely to win the UF game. It doesn't mean N'Kosi is the better QB...simply more experienced.

When the OL play started really deteriorating against UF, I actually would have pulled Jarren aside & told him that we're going to play N'Kosi for a series (or two) to let Jarren settle down & regain his bearings. I would have communicated clearly that it has nothing to do with his performance but rather it's a function of the OL's play & doesn't mean he's being replaced as the starter. I think it would have really helped Jarren if they had done that. I also think they should have spelled the two OTs more (and supported them more with the TEs & RBs). Do you think that move would have allowed Jarren to re-enter the game more poised & ready to make adjustments or would it have shaken Jarren's confidence (and made him feel like he was on a short leash)?

Kosi stretches the field more than Williams and likely doesn't underthrown a couple of our longer passes. Does he throw an INT or two to negate those deep throws, possibly.

Tate, let it go. Oh, he avoids a couple of tackles. He still isn't making half of the throws Williams does. He was moved to WR since he was QB3. There's a reason for it.

No matter what one thinks, this is one dumbass thread. Jarren by and large has been outstanding so far for a guy with only two starts.
JW has been ok, but inevitably a QB is judge by Wins and Losses. He is 0-2

Advertisement
Back